• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    The last I heard there was a pilot program in place to speed up the processing of suppressor paperwork. However, for some reason they were processing newly submitted paperwork instead of addressing the backlog of paperwork. This lead to many individuals complaining about processing times resulting in the pilot program being scrapped or placed on strategic hold. Therefore, the pilot project that was suppose to recommend processes to speed up the process was ended and no improvement recommended. In other words, we are back to square one.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The last I heard there was a pilot program in place to speed up the processing of suppressor paperwork. However, for some reason they were processing newly submitted paperwork instead of addressing the backlog of paperwork. This lead to many individuals complaining about processing times resulting in the pilot program being scrapped or placed on strategic hold. Therefore, the pilot project that was suppose to recommend processes to speed up the process was ended and no improvement recommended. In other words, we are back to square one.

Was supposed to be in the works last summer, then early this year, and silence ever since. There have been a lot of Form 4s approved really quickly within the last month, similar to the <90 day approvals over the summer, some folks that were pended in early November '19 are getting their stamps. I follow it primarily on Reddit and NFA tracker, being a lot more data than most everywhere else. Waiting on a DA Mask from 11-19, so hoping it's in the express line, but doesn't seem to be any reason or organization to the ATF's approval time, pretty much par for the course for .gov

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I have items outstanding from August and Sept. If there was an express process, I think its been stopped. I am somewhat leery of self reported data. NFA transfer tracker for the last 90 days still shows an avg ~250 day wait.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I have items outstanding from August and Sept. If there was an express process, I think its been stopped. I am somewhat leery of self reported data. NFA transfer tracker for the last 90 days still shows an avg ~250 day wait.

Self reported data is the way to go!

"There are no trolls on the internet." --Abraham Lincoln

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Still seems like one slips through now and again. I saw one on another forum that was sub 90 days submitted in November. And a few from October. Guess it's just luck of the draw.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    said at least ten months to get after everything. Have Omega 300-BLK and Switchback22 still in effn jail. my issue was the gubbmint shutdown last year and the twoffer Silencerco was doing. Slowed stuff to a crawl. Ordered both last January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom