• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danimalw

Ultimate Member
    Pennsylvania is sounding better and better each day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lot next door is for sale.. here's the view.

Attachments

• 50366.jpg
      50366.jpg
      39.5 KB · Views: 446

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Before you bend over and take it. Visit, call and write your representatives especially those on the legislative committee. Come to the hearings! We were mocked by the chair for only having 24 witnesses against HB 4. Get yourself down there and fight this bill or pay up. By the way. In a few years they will probably require you to get rid of the guns you registered. Wake up everyone get down to Annapolis!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Pennsylvania is sounding better and better each day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pennsylvania is heading down the same road. WV is the last frontier for firearms in the tri-state area. I just hope that people who decides to move to WV don’t take their stupid, liberal thinking ideas with them.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Before you bend over and take it. Visit, call and write your representatives especially those on the legislative committee. Come to the hearings! We were mocked by the chair for only having 24 witnesses against HB 4. Get yourself down there and fight this bill or pay up. By the way. In a few years they will probably require you to get rid of the guns you registered. Wake up everyone get down to Annapolis!

Does anyone have an email tool like the one AGC had in 2013?

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    They work for us! Let them know you don’t want these bills. Don’t be a pansy. Get your A$$ down there. The bills will get passed if you don’t. If you don’t fight this bill now grow out your man bun and move back to your Mommies basement.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    They work for us! Let them know you don’t want these bills. Don’t be a pansy. Get your A$$ down there. The bills will get passed if you don’t. If you don’t fight this bill now grow out your man bun and move back to your Mommies basement.

Get a date for us. Sure, many of us will take the day off without pay and show up and it will still probably get passed anyways. How’d the peaceful, armed protest turn out for Virginians?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Get a date for us. Sure, many of us will take the day off without pay and show up and it will still probably get passed anyways. How’d the peaceful, armed protest turn out for Virginians?
    So far, it's looking like a stunning success. They didn't win everything, but their AWB is clearly on the rocks.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    So far, it's looking like a stunning success. They didn't win everything, but their AWB is clearly on the rocks.

Too bad other states don’t come to Annapolis to help us like everyone did in Richmond. Maryland has its citizens and the rest of the nation scared to challenge them like in Richmond.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Too bad other states don’t come to Annapolis to help us like everyone did in Richmond. Maryland has its citizens and the rest of the nation scared to challenge them like in Richmond.
    I will say I harbor some resentment over that, too. It felt like we were essentially fighting on our own in 2012/2013, whereas VA got a ton of help in 2019/2020. VA is not THAT much bigger than us population-wise.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This may help with traction too:

Why MD’s Push On Long Gun Regulation Is Horribly Misguided
    https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2020/02/10/why-push-on-long-gun-is-misguided/
    via @BearingArmsCom

Yeah, that article would be germane if they were really trying to solve the problem of murder in Baltimore. However, what a lot of these white, rich, moms fear is a mass shooting at Bethesda Chevy-Chase HS, Wooten HS, Churchill HS, Richard Montgomery HS, etc. Most of the mass shootings, and I mean mass shootings with 10+ dead, have been done with semi-auto rifles.

These antis don't really care if the entirety of the thug population in Baltimore City and parts of PG offs each other. What they have nightmares about is their kids being killed at school, in a rich neighborhood, where they are being sent to learn. Heck, I used to worry about that myself too. Thing is, I understand that passing anti-gun laws is not going to prevent that.

So, the entire handgun discussion and the facts behind it, are irrelevant to them. I used the facts back in 2013, and the facts overwhelming show that handguns are used in the vast, VAST, majority of murders in Maryland. That does not matter to them because that is not what they are out to prevent. They are out to prevent Columbine, VA Tech, Sandy Hook, Stoneman Douglas, etc.

A better factoid would be that there children are probably more statistically likely to die in an auto accident on the way to school, than by a mass shooting while in school. However, they will dismiss this too, because the car and travel to school is a necessary evil. To them, firearms are an unnecessary evil because they can never see a future that would require them to actually fight for their life. Hard to imagine that future when you are rich and eating filet mignon twice a week before driving your Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche from golf course to tea party to work to golf course.

Best to understand your adversary.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Personally I struggle on whether I should get the HQL. "Free men don't ask permission" - and there's still ways Maryland subjects can legally own a pistol without the HQL. I have to get fingerprinted for fed stuff anyway but being in MD's stupid registry would irk me. I hate the idea of accepting the criminal treatment required to get the license or even buy a pistol. I keep trying to explain that to my fudd coworker but he thinks government mandated training is the bees knees. At least he seems to agree these bills are vindictive...

I don't have an HQL, and while I would like to get the new Ruger 57 and the new Coly Python, I don't "need" those guns. I seriously doubt I "need" any more guns. Well, maybe a full auto, maybe. However, that might be about it.

As you already mentioned, there are ways to still get a handgun without an HQL. Of course, you have to be a little bit handy, but only a little bit.

An STI 2011 10mm clone would be nice, but still not needed.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I will say I harbor some resentment over that, too. It felt like we were essentially fighting on our own in 2012/2013, whereas VA got a ton of help in 2019/2020. VA is not THAT much bigger than us population-wise.

Everybody was fighting in 2012/2013. It wasn't just Maryland. That is why a forged lower cost $350 in February 2013. The entire nation was worried about gun control at the federal AND state levels after Sandy Hook. Quite different compared to today. I am betting that lowers can still be obtained somewhat cheap on gunbroker or other places online today versus what it was like in 2013. I paid a premium for some Sig handguns back in March and April of 2013. By August of 2013, things became a lot more reasonable with online dealers once it was evident that nothing was going to pass on a federal level.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I don't have an HQL, and while I would like to get the new Ruger 57 and the new Coly Python, I don't "need" those guns. I seriously doubt I "need" any more guns. Well, maybe a full auto, maybe. However, that might be about it.

As you already mentioned, there are ways to still get a handgun without an HQL. Of course, you have to be a little bit handy, but only a little bit.

An STI 2011 10mm clone would be nice, but still not needed.

Guns made prior to 1970 are exempt from HQL, you just 77r them

EDA98

Dec 4, 2019
    Laurel MD
    Rights are not about what you need, it’s about what you can do. Or more accurately what the gov can’t keep you from doing. I have no physical need for a handgun. But I would like one. And I believe I have the right to own one. And the government shouldn’t not be able to interfere with that right. Yet here we are.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Yeah, I remember the crowd that swore they'd never get an HQL, too.

I held out for quite a while but, realistically, it was a win-win for their side. If we do not get the HQL, they win because we can not buy any new guns. If we got the HQL, we could buy new guns but had to be subjected to unnecessary additional background checks, many would have to take a class for which there were no defined standards and fire one round to qualify. In addition, the part that I have a huge issue with is paying a fee in order to exercise a Constitutional right! I feel that should have been hit hard in court!

Bottom line is they could not lose no matter which option we chose:sad20:!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I held out for quite a while but, realistically, it was a win-win for their side. If we do not get the HQL, they win because we can not buy any new guns. If we got the HQL, we could buy new guns but had to be subjected to unnecessary additional background checks, many would have to take a class for which there were no defined standards and fire one round to qualify. In addition, the part that I have a huge issue with is paying a fee in order to exercise a Constitutional right! I feel that should have been hit hard in court!

Bottom line is they could not lose no matter which option we chose:sad20:!

No, there are standards spelled out in COMAR

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    To those asking for dates of hearings - several organizations (MSRPA/MSI/etc.) already post trackers that anyone can monitor. Most of those organizations update those trackers daily, to try to keep the community informed, rather than having to continually respond multiple times in threads here and elsewhere.

My tracker can be found at https://www.msrpa.org/2020-maryland-general-assembly-bill-tracker/.

In the case of this particular craptastic make all gunowners criminal bill, it has yet to be scheduled for a hearing. I am betting that this is the Bloomberg/Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence omnibus bill and the committee is awaiting guidance on when Bloomberg or MPGV people are planning on being in town for the photo ops.

If you want more information on any bill, you can also go to the MGALEG website (http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/) and enter the bill number in the Search box. Bill numbers should be entered in the format of HBxxxx (House bills) or SBxxxx (Senate bills), where xxxx = four digit bill number (0's preceding for any bill less than 4 actual digits in length).

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    To those asking for dates of hearings - several organizations (MSRPA/MSI/etc.) already post trackers that anyone can monitor. Most of those organizations update those trackers daily, to try to keep the community informed, rather than having to continually respond multiple times in threads here and elsewhere.

My tracker can be found at https://www.msrpa.org/2020-maryland-general-assembly-bill-tracker/.

In the case of this particular craptastic make all gunowners criminal bill, it has yet to be scheduled for a hearing. I am betting that this is the Bloomberg/Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence omnibus bill and the committee is awaiting guidance on when Bloomberg or MPGV people are planning on being in town for the photo ops.

How about not "or", but, "and" (damn, Conjunction Junction going on there)

I also expect this to have a late date set to make it harder to argue. And a date change from when first announced to screw anyone who puts in to take off any particular day. They have it all planned.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    WAKE UP and GET BUSY! IF YOU DO NOTHING WE ARE SCREWED

The Maryland Shall Issue Website is: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

Call your Delagate and State Senator office. If you can't meet with them in person CALL THEM! If the representative is not available, ask to speak to their Chief of Staff. They can ignore an email. We need warm bodies in Annapolis for the hearing date. There will be a lot of paid Mommies Demanding Action there. We need you to show you give a crap. If you don't come down, if you don't work to beat this, you are part of the problem with this state. Mini Mike Bloomberg is funding Moms Demand Action. They have no facts or figures. They just say how guns are bad and no one should have them, regardless of the bill they are testifying for. We have the facts and figures. If we are outnumbered, who do you think gets the attention.

If you are curious, you can look up who is funding the delegates campaign. George Soros funds 206 organizations. One of the big donors for Delegate Atterbeary is SEIU, which is funded by George Soros. Mini Mike Bloomberg is sponsoring Moms Demand Action.

Get off your A$$ or do nothing and watch your 2A rights be taken from all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom