• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    And the importation over the past 4 decades of tens of millions of new voters from countries that never cared and never will care about freedom, the Constitution, or 2nd amendment rights means that in the coming decades, more and more formerly republican stronghold states are going to go the way of Virginia.

If you think this is bad, just wait until Texas flips blue in the next few years and you get Governor O'Rourke in Austin.

I agree 100 % , great insight .

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    So what are you calling for, specifically? This always seems to be where the conversation screeches to a halt.

I asked in another thread if I were the only one who often writes and deletes my post without posting anything. I know now, I am not the only one.

I'll stick with calling your politicians and writing letters.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Your boss can treat you like a total piece of $hit and you can ask him to change, but if you show up on time and do your job every day then there is no incentive for him to change the way he treats you should he decide to continue to treat you like $hit, the ball is then in your court to force the change.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Your boss can treat you like a total piece of $hit and you can ask him to change, but if you show up on time and do your job every day then there is no incentive for him to change the way he treats you should he decide to continue to treat you like $hit, the ball is then in your court to force the change.

In that analogy, though, the "force to change" part comes through either leaving the job, or proposing to your boss's superiors that he be replaced because he's not a good manager. Threatening to kill the boss is just as irrational as - in the current context in Virginia - threatening to kill elected officials. To stick with the analogy, the aggrieved need to convince the boss's superiors that he has to go. Northam's superiors are the Virginia voters.

He needs to be replaced, and - because it can happen sooner - the legislators who are newly doing what he wants need to be replaced so his preferred legislation can be undone at the earliest opportunity. That would be next year. That's the kind of forced change it's currently rational to pursue. Calling for murder just makes Northam and his Bloombots in the state legislature right about us crazy gun nuts.

If waiting until next year to straighten this crap out seems like a long, frustrating wait, then maybe the too-lazy-to-vote and too-lazy-to-even-have-candidates-running-in-a-bunch-of-districts Virginia conservatives need to look back at the year or so they had to see this all coming, and did nothing.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't think it is even possible to talk about such things in an open forum , these topics are best for the fight club method .

****Wait.. the fight club method is "first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club"... versus say the Cross-Fit method which is "tell everyone about Cross-Fit", which is sorta the same about Veganism "Tell everyone how you're vegan.."

But yea, we will discuss this at the usual location, Tuesday. Someone bring cookies. :innocent0

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    In that analogy, though, the "force to change" part comes through either leaving the job, or proposing to your boss's superiors that he be replaced because he's not a good manager. Threatening to kill the boss is just as irrational as - in the current context in Virginia - threatening to kill elected officials. To stick with the analogy, the aggrieved need to convince the boss's superiors that he has to go. Northam's superiors are the Virginia voters.

He needs to be replaced, and - because it can happen sooner - the legislators who are newly doing what he wants need to be replaced so his preferred legislation can be undone at the earliest opportunity. That would be next year. That's the kind of forced change it's currently rational to pursue. Calling for murder just makes Northam and his Bloombots in the state legislature right about us crazy gun nuts.

If waiting until next year to straighten this crap out seems like a long, frustrating wait, then maybe the too-lazy-to-vote and too-lazy-to-even-have-candidates-running-in-a-bunch-of-districts Virginia conservatives need to look back at the year or so they had to see this all coming, and did nothing.

I'm not suggesting anything violent. TBH, I favor other methods I think that you could get more people to go along with.

I should have used an owner instead of a boss in my analogy. Only option is to play or not play so to speak.

why not have a state or national strike? Imagine what would happen if nobody went to work *or bought anything from any store, or drove on the roads or bought gas until this was off the books?
    Maybe a boycott. What could we boycott that would affect gov and force their hand in a non voilent way while letting them know we are not playing their game.

Think about that in detail. I can't think of any negatives. It would get attention, it's non violent, it's literally saying

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    why not have a state or national strike?

Well, most (by a wide margin) of the people here in Maryland would never strike for that purpose because they LIKE this stuff, and hate us. Virginia’s latest election shows they’ve just slipped off the same cliff.

The usual question: would having all of the anti-gun people in your state go on strike (or a similar boycott, etc), cause YOU to change your mind start supporting their perspective and candidates? Of course not. And they feel exactly the same way. Because they are generationally lost to the idea that we are freakish redneck bumpkins that are likely to kill people with our guns.

Denying their favorite coffee shop of our money for a week would bring them out in droves to support the very places you’d boycott. Because those tactics don’t actually change minds in cases like this. They believe they are saving their children’s lives by shutting down the immoral gun owning cavemen primatives. Us. The bad guys.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Well, most (by a wide margin) of the people here in Maryland would never strike for that purpose because they LIKE this stuff, and hate us. Virginia’s latest election shows they’ve just slipped off the same cliff.

The usual question: would having all of the anti-gun people in your state go on strike (or a similar boycott, etc), cause YOU to change your mind start supporting their perspective and candidates? Of course not. And they feel exactly the same way. Because they are generationally lost to the idea that we are freakish redneck bumpkins that are likely to kill people with our guns.

Denying their favorite coffee shop of our money for a week would bring them out in droves to support the very places you’d boycott. Because those tactics don’t actually change minds in cases like this. They believe they are saving their children’s lives by shutting down the immoral gun owning cavemen primatives. Us. The bad guys.

You make a good point on why a strike might be hard, but I think there would be a merit to it. Imagine trucking, how do they support their coffee shop to spend all of their money if it has not had a supply in a week, but it needs daily deliveries?
    What would not open up?
    surely half of the population can't just all of a sudden start doubling up on their spending and keep that up for very long.
    Not to mention, the taxes that would be lost to the .gov would hurt them there too.
    My point in going with the strike vs bullets is because it would get the attention and force them as it would be a battle of who can hold out the longest.
    I think that they need the revenue to work more than us.
    But, like any strike, sit in or walk out, you can't have just you and me doing it. You have to have enough people doing it so that they can't stop you. If you walk out of your job, you get fired. If everyone walks out, you get to negotiate.
    We are playing for very serious terms. But we are playing by their rules and they keep changing the rules. At some time and on some level, we will have to
    figure out a way to tell them we are not playing any longer as they are cheating. You only loose a card game to a cheater if you play the game with him.

I agree>>>>"Well, most (by a wide margin) of the people here in Maryland would never strike for that purpose because they LIKE this stuff, and hate us. Virginia’s latest election shows they’ve just slipped off the same cliff. "

^^^This is why I don't see us winning in the voting department. There are now more of them than there are of us and they have strayed away from the written rules to far for to long. I don't see how we can outvote them when they become greater in number as time moves on.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is why I don't see us winning in the voting department. There are now more of them than there are of us and they have strayed away from the written rules to far for to long. I don't see how we can outvote them when they become greater in number as time moves on.

No, we definitely can’t outvote them here. MD is lost, and Virginia maybe could get clawed back for a session or two before it’s also permanently lost to the inner burb progressives. But we CAN support those senate candidates in dodgy races where some more campaign ammo could help us keep in charge of the judiciary. And we CAN support the guy who will be nominating those judges.

Our vote for president won’t help in the EC, but our dollars might help in WI or MI or OH or PA, where it could make all the difference in the world. Four more years of him and a GOP senate will complete the judiciary reboot he’s already started. For us, gun owners in blue states, it’s the only path that will actually work.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Quick subject change. I came across this "twice told tale" on Twitter today. I'm attaching it instead of linking because odds are it will be taken down.

Attachments

• EOkb9DrXUAA5uYX.jpg
      EOkb9DrXUAA5uYX.jpg
      100.2 KB · Views: 565

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Bill , That is sad if that happens . Gun community take the hit for what others have done , that is what happens here in Annapolis when they have 300 plus murders in the city then we pay the price .

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Quick subject change. I came across this "twice told tale" on Twitter today. I'm attaching it instead of linking because odds are it will be taken down.

A friend of mine sent me that same screen shot through text message.

Definitely a cause for concern.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    An option for those who do not feel like they could/should risk going to the capitol area is a sign and flag operation on overpasses dispersed around the Richmond area. It gets the message out to drivers that might not be aware of what is going on. I doubt there will be many units available to respond to something so trivial.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Maybe a few from both sides should be “taken hostage” if in fact this does occur. Be interesting to see how they stand up to interrogation.

Also have heard on the news that for the first time in 28 years the MLK day festivities in Richmond are cancelled due to “perceived threats” by white nationalists. Really? GMAFB!!!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Maybe a few from both sides should be “taken hostage” if in fact this does occur. Be interesting to see how they stand up to interrogation.

Also have heard on the news that for the first time in 28 years the MLK day festivities in Richmond are cancelled due to “perceived threats” by white nationalists. Really? GMAFB!!!

Have to bring the black voting base back into the (D) fold... they've been a little too interested in Trump's success with the economy and jobs...

So, reinvite an old threat of "white nationalists" that only the (D) can save them from. I guess black nationalists are acceptable - whatever either term is attempting to convey.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Just look at how all the nut jobs did their marching and blocking the highways last year. From school kids being manipulated to pink ***** hatted grandmas to all the open border free everything people. They were all congratulated on “expressing their constitutional rights”. If any pro gun people did the same we’d be stopped, arrested and booked for disturbing the peace and obstructing the flow of traffic among others. Don’t forget being accused of keeping hardworking “honest” people from getting to work. Yea, we’re the devil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom