• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Even if his permit were valid, he should still face charges for brandishing. What an ass.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    would y'all like to see his application packet?

I might know someone who has it. :innocent0

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    would y'all like to see his application packet?

I might know someone who has it. :innocent0

Are all applications in MD public? Can they be had by using a freedom of information request? Would it be a good thing to start going after this info and outing people? Things like, how did person X get a permit??

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    The article says he "brandished" the gun, but then later says he never pulled the weapon. It was in a holster. Not sure if this will fit under the brandishing principle. Also, if he never left his property, and did not pull the weapon, I don't know what the crime would be, though I have no doubt that the Balto. States Attorney will find something.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The article says he "brandished" the gun, but then later says he never pulled the weapon. It was in a holster. Not sure if this will fit under the brandishing principle. Also, if he never left his property, and did not pull the weapon, I don't know what the crime would be, though I have no doubt that the Balto. States Attorney will find something.

This isn't a he said/she said incident

The incident that was witnessed by plainclothes Baltimore Police officers who were already in the area on other business.

throw his a$$ in jail, like any other thug!

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Are all applications in MD public? Can they be had by using a freedom of information request?

Not necessarily.

I have a couple of records I've been sitting on because they don't do us any good.

The MSP denies that some people have permits though I have a strong suspicion that they do.

Stay tuned for more fun and games in this area.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    As for his lapsed permit, he said: "I was never notified. I think there's an obligation on the part of the state police to notify" permit owners.

yah, ok....good luck with that! :)

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Not necessarily.

I have a couple of records I've been sitting on because they don't do us any good.

The MSP denies that some people have permits though I have a strong suspicion that they do.

Stay tuned for more fun and games in this area.

You sir, are the man. Can you share any tidbits, for example the reason the permits were issued?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You sir, are the man. Can you share any tidbits, for example the reason the permits were issued?

I'll let his application speak for itself. It will take me a while to scan it as it is many pages long. I may truncate it and just scan the juicy parts.

I won't release the other application as it's one of our friends and I see no use in having his materials out there.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Regardless of the exact circumstances of the incident, I think this much is clear:

When you get your permit, the documentation actually makes it EXPLICITLY CLEAR it's your job to remember to renew!

Posted by: Sebastian | November 22, 2011 1:42 PM

And NO, it isn't the responsibility of the State Police to inform a permit holder that ones' permit is about to expire. But then, that's is a Liberals' view of the world, i.e. it's someone else's fault or responsiblity.
    This is directly from the handgun application.

RENEWAL INSTRUCTIONS
    PAYMENT: The check/money order must be made payable to: Maryland State Police.

Renewals are the responsibility of the applicant, regardless of the type of renewal (handgun permit, security guard, private detective, security systems agency licenses, special police, bulletproof body armor, etc…)

NOTE: Applications not submitted prior to its expiration date, may be subjected to the assessment of late fees.
    LATE FEES: $5.00 per day for a maximum of 30 days up to a total of $150.00. If an application is submitted more than six months beyond its expiration date, the applicant is required to pay the original application fee plus the maximum $150.00 late fee.
    1) HANDGUN PERMIT RENEWAL: Note: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]The expiration date is on the face of the permit and the holder must APPLY AT LEAST [/FONT][/FONT]90 DAYS [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION DATE. RENEWAL APPLICATIONS MUST CONTAIN CURRENT DOCUMENTATION AS WAS REQUIRED WITH THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION .[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Mr Conaway exhibited a lapse in judgement and possibly criminal behavior but will likely use the 'Currie Defense'. He should be at the very least publicly chastised and held accountable for his lack of responsibility in properly maintaining a Maryland Carry Permit and dealt with accordingly. Let the Baltimore politicians do with him as they may, but law enforcement should hold him accountable as any other citizen should be. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]BTW, to what extent what Ed Hale held accountable for taking his handgun to BWI earlier this year?[/FONT][/FONT]

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I'll let his application speak for itself. It will take me a while to scan it as it is many pages long. I may truncate it and just scan the juicy parts.

I won't release the other application as it's one of our friends and I see no use in having his materials out there.

Oh this is going to be good. :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom