• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Recoil is not an issue with my S&W M38 (bodyguard airweight), as I use 158gr wadcutters. Low recoil, shoots to point of aim, makes nasty wounds in flesh - far better than round nose, not likely to have expansion issues going through clothing like hollow points.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Recoil is not an issue with my S&W M38 (bodyguard airweight), as I use 158gr wadcutters. Low recoil, shoots to point of aim, makes nasty wounds in flesh - far better than round nose, not likely to have expansion issues going through clothing like hollow points.

When I shoot my model 37 Airweight, the predecessor to the model 637, with that same kind of ammo, I have the same experience. I have the old stock tiny wooden grips. The recoil to me is slightly higher than a 9mm from a Glock 19.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There’s a few missing from this pic and I’m currently a high bidder on GB on another toy but Mr Jones my offer stands. I’d love a reason to renew my Gilbert’s door unlocker (card). Wife always tells me to go shoot but my daughter is so damn awesome i have a hard time making me time.

Recently sold off my Ruger single six flatgate and nagant revolver.......next up is a 19 or 27 or a nighthawk sky marshal. Well that's if I don't win this auction

Attachments

• BC8D5E34-6FB7-4EC5-B8C6-7153238F528F.jpg
      BC8D5E34-6FB7-4EC5-B8C6-7153238F528F.jpg
      112.6 KB · Views: 139

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    There’s a few missing from this pic and I’m currently a high bidder on GB on another toy but Mr Jones my offer stands. I’d love a reason to renew my Gilbert’s door unlocker (card). Wife always tells me to go shoot but my daughter is so damn awesome i have a hard time making me time.

Recently sold off my Ruger single six flatgate and nagant revolver.......next up is a 19 or 27 or a nighthawk sky marshal. Well that's if I don't win this auction

Shouldn't those be pointed downrange :)

Bottom one in the third row......Is that a S&W 686 ?

Attachments

• BC8D5E34-6FB7-4EC5-B8C6-7153238F528F.jpg
      BC8D5E34-6FB7-4EC5-B8C6-7153238F528F.jpg
      132.3 KB · Views: 127

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury

Not a double-action Ruger fan?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Not a double-action Ruger fan?

lol that's what I WAS currently the high bidder on when I posted my comment. No I'm actually a huge fan, just haven't come across one for what I considered the right deal yet. Ive lost probably 3-4 Ruger auctions this year . Also pissed I passed up one a few years ago here in the classifieds but everyone has that feeling about something

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I had looked at the lady Smith but I'm still back and forth on exposed hammer or internal hammer. Opinions?

I have a small Smith revolver (340PD) which is hammerless. Wish I had bought the 360PD with the hammer. I find that the longer stiffer trigger pull of the hammerless ( as it has to cock the internal hammer) makes it hard to stay on target (I have crimson trace laser grips). Whereas the other which I have since shot has a much shorter lighter trigger pull after the hammer is cocked by hand, and stayed on target better, but that's just me.

If I had an HQL, I would swap to the hammer version. Not a $400 gun, but it's sweet.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown

Thanks for the reply, that's what I'm looking for.

When I shoot my model 37 Airweight, the predecessor to the model 637, with that same kind of ammo, I have the same experience. I have the old stock tiny wooden grips. The recoil to me is slightly higher than a 9mm from a Glock 19.

Thank you sir. She shoots my glock 19 very easily.

I think Pete and I are gonna try to shoot soon. I'll PM you.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    My LGS said they could get me the 642 for $400 which makes it $350 after the S&W rebate. I went ahead and ordered one. If she doesn't like it I'll keep it and buy her something different lol.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    My LGS said they could get me the 642 for $400 which makes it $350 after the S&W rebate. I went ahead and ordered one. If she doesn't like it I'll keep it and buy her something different lol.

FINALLY ! That's been my thought throughout this entire thread.

Just keep buying until she gets "the one"

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Great choice on the 642. I've got a 442 and 642. Excellent revolvers. Just avoid 158gr +P HP FBI load. The recoil is brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom