• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I guess I was wrong... maybe they do go together...

a1effac33f16cc4f30ba972d4706ec3b--hand-guns-glass-pipes.jpg

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Why do people think that if their state eliminates its laws prohibiting MJ possession and use, that it somehow means federal laws regarding MJ don't apply? Heck, I don't think any states have laws regarding treason, but the feds sure do. Haven't they looked at the 4473? The feds still ask question 11(e).

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Another thread on this somewhere. Ii is back door gun confiscation. A vote for medical mariquana is a vote for gun control.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wonder how the administration of CBD oil and pills are mandated? Since there is nothing to get you high, would you still be considered prohibited?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hawaii does lots of crazy things that should be challenged.

But since holders of mj cards are already Prohibited Persons under Federal law, this isn't ripe for challenge until and if Federal law changes.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Thank goodness those things don't happen in the other 49 states.

Been to most states, and many big cities. Rode a lot of public transportation. Never once saw 2 fights in 2 rides, in under a day, except in Hawaii. If I see that as someone just travelling through, imagine what day-to-day life is like.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    The issue should not be whether weed is legal at whatever level, the law involving firearms is another illegal law, the 2nd Amendment has no if's, and's or but's. Another nail in America's coffin.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It's legal by the letter of the law.

It's just the federal government has failed to act on the states growing calls for a change in Marijuana policy.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    This is part of the reason why Marijuana prohibition should never have been enacted at the federal level, and the unintended consequences when the state licenses and encourages citizens to break that federal law. Drug use and dependency is terrible, and has a huge societal cost, but as has been proven time and time again, prohibition is worse. Government control and distribution of substances through half assed legalization at the state level is proving to be the worst of both worlds.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    To me it seems most laws are half arsed written with no consideration if they are in conflict with other laws. Law makers at both the federal and state level don't care, they want the courts to deal with it, slow as possible to line the pockets of lawyers which in turn will find its way to the pockets of the politicians. It gotten so bad that the laws have become a joke, why should we follow them, they don't. This is coming from someone that has always tried to follow the law out of respect for the country, and the major laws like murder, theft out of personal morals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom