Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2017, 07:44 PM #1
welder516's Avatar
welder516 welder516 is offline
Residude in Chief
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,791
welder516 welder516 is offline
Residude in Chief
welder516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,791
No restrictions , sent in today

Sent in letters and back up documents to have my permit restrictions lifted . Should be real clear and concise .

Sent in the 10.00 modification fee , now hurry up a wait .

Anyone know how long they are taking to deny ???
__________________
NRA life member
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 07:58 PM #2
Rab1515's Avatar
Rab1515 Rab1515 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calvert
Posts: 1,501
Rab1515 Rab1515 is offline
Senior Member
Rab1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calvert
Posts: 1,501
A few weeks ago hearings we're being scheduled for March....
__________________
MD, AZ CCW
Member: NRA, MSI
Designated Collector
Rab1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 08:04 PM #3
welder516's Avatar
welder516 welder516 is offline
Residude in Chief
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,791
welder516 welder516 is offline
Residude in Chief
welder516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab1515 View Post
A few weeks ago hearings we're being scheduled for March....
Yeah I just sent the letter to request no restrictions today , I will go on an on-call basis if my restrictions are not lifted .

I put that in the letter as well since they deny most everyone from what I understand .
__________________
NRA life member
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:27 AM #4
Gryphon's Avatar
Gryphon Gryphon is offline
inveniam viam aut faciam
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,624
Gryphon Gryphon is offline
inveniam viam aut faciam
Gryphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,624
As of last week they were scheduling hearings in April. Of course you are in the hopper for 90 days before you can appeal on a deemed denied basis. Sine die is in early April so it will be interesting to observe the Senate ENC action, and the make up of the Board come April/May.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:50 AM #5
Biggfoot44 Biggfoot44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,045
Biggfoot44 Biggfoot44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,045
The question is if the Board will be lame ducks.
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 01:43 PM #6
mxrider mxrider is offline
Former MSI Treasurer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edgewater, MD
Posts: 2,952
mxrider mxrider is offline
Former MSI Treasurer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edgewater, MD
Posts: 2,952
Just to clear the muddy waters a bit here, you stated you sent in your $10 modification request. This would indicate that you are requesting this from the MSP and not the HPRB. The MSP has 90 days to respond. If denied (likely), you then have 10 days from the denial to request a hearing before the HPRB. Based upon the current calendar, you will likely get your denial of modification mid February, then appeal that decision to the HPRB at that time. The current backlog is ~5 months to get before the HPRB right now. So that puts you in the July time frame if they hold steady with the case load before you can get your hearing. This all is predicated as to what happens in the GA next year as I anticipate that we will again see a bill introduced to eliminate the HPRB.
__________________
Working hard to restore our State!


All comments posted by me are the express opinion of myself only and do not represent the opinions of any other person or organization unless posted otherwise.
mxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 01:54 PM #7
welder516's Avatar
welder516 welder516 is offline
Residude in Chief
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,791
welder516 welder516 is offline
Residude in Chief
welder516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrider View Post
Just to clear the muddy waters a bit here, you stated you sent in your $10 modification request. This would indicate that you are requesting this from the MSP and not the HPRB. The MSP has 90 days to respond. If denied (likely), you then have 10 days from the denial to request a hearing before the HPRB. Based upon the current calendar, you will likely get your denial of modification mid February, then appeal that decision to the HPRB at that time. The current backlog is ~5 months to get before the HPRB right now. So that puts you in the July time frame if they hold steady with the case load before you can get your hearing. This all is predicated as to what happens in the GA next year as I anticipate that we will again see a bill introduced to eliminate the HPRB.
Your description of what i have done is correct , i did include in my letter a statement if they deny i want to go in front of the board .
I also will go as a standby if someone cancels .
__________________
NRA life member
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 02:11 PM #8
esqappellate's Avatar
esqappellate esqappellate is offline
President, MSI
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,383
esqappellate esqappellate is offline
President, MSI
esqappellate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
Sent in letters and back up documents to have my permit restrictions lifted . Should be real clear and concise .

Sent in the 10.00 modification fee , now hurry up a wait .

Anyone know how long they are taking to deny ???
Are you a MSI member? If so, please PM me.
__________________
This may sound like legal advice, but it isn't. Don't rely on it. Hire your own counsel.
esqappellate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 02:32 PM #9
shootin the breeze's Avatar
shootin the breeze shootin the breeze is offline
Missed it by that much
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Highland, District 9/9A
Posts: 2,090
shootin the breeze shootin the breeze is offline
Missed it by that much
shootin the breeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Highland, District 9/9A
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
Yeah I just sent the letter to request no restrictions today , I will go on an on-call basis if my restrictions are not lifted .

I put that in the letter as well since they deny most everyone from what I understand .
I need to do this too. Since I've not gotten off my duff and would be scheduled after all the shenanigans happen in the GA, I'm thinking I'll just wait to see what the make up of the board or even if it exists. That is unless others more knowledgeable than myself tell me otherwise.
__________________
shootin the breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 02:48 PM #10
CypherPunk's Avatar
CypherPunk CypherPunk is offline
Opinions Are My Own
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,618
Images: 8
CypherPunk CypherPunk is offline
Opinions Are My Own
CypherPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,618
Images: 8
Do you believe Gov. Hogan would sign a bill to eliminate the HPRB?
__________________
Notice: The opinions and views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organization with which I may, or may not be affiliated.

2018 Frederick IWLA Training Schedule
Maryland Firearms Wiki & FAQ - Contribute!
CypherPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2018, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service