• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    Thinking about a bolt gun in 300aac. Rem 700, Ruger American or custom Savage. What are the opinions on these?

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Friend has Ruger American in 300 BLK and just loves it, MOA without a doubt. Also has a Ruger American 7.62 x .39.

For sure Ruger has a hit with the American series.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Friend has Ruger American in 300 BLK and just loves it, MOA without a doubt. Also has a Ruger American 7.62 x .39.

For sure Ruger has a hit with the American series.

I bought a Ruger American ranch in 300 BO a few months ago and still haven't shot it but the trigger is awesome. Way nicer than the model 700 BO I shot my pig with.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Another vote for Ruger American. They were making them in 2 different twist rates, not sure if they are still but you may want to research and get the twist to your liking/use.

I think they were 1:7 and 1:9 but don't quote me on that.

Stock feels cheap but they shoot well and come threaded.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Another vote for Ruger American. They were making them in 2 different twist rates, not sure if they are still but you may want to research and get the twist to your liking/use.

I think they were 1:7 and 1:9 but don't quote me on that.

Stock feels cheap but they shoot well and come threaded.

Ruger website lists only 1:7" currently.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/aac-model-7-300-blackout-16-threaded-picatinny.html#.Wf5NmdCnGUk

Although they used to be on sale for $599 a few years ago, these are supposed to be pretty nice and light.

:thumbsup: No complaints.

More on twist rates - My AAC Micro 7 (early model of the AAC Remington Model 7) in 300 AAC has a 16", 1:7" twist barrel and stabilizes everything from 110 to 225 grains fine out to 100 yards. Have no data/shooting experience beyond that. This model selling online now is listed with a 1:8" twist - pretty sure this is incorrect. Advanced Armament Corp still lists their barrels @ 1:7". Remington's 700 SPS Tactical is also 1:7".

OP, I'd go with any you have listed, I like them all, though I'm partial to Remington (mostly nostalgia) and Savage ... cause I'll never kick an accurate rifle out of bed.

Posibly sacrilege in the NFA forum, but since I'm here :innocent0 received this weekend deal via email yesterday for 123 grain supersonic @ $0.42/rnd and free shipping if you buy a case:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/magtech-fd-300-aac-blackout-ammo-123-gr-fmj-300blkb-p-58880.aspx

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Well, one more vote for the AAC Micro 7. Suppresses nicely, accurate, and takes a beating. Great light close range deer gun especially with the Lehigh Defense 194 subs.

Attachments

• 92B1F3D4-D794-4AFF-9579-BA1658D661F1.jpeg
      92B1F3D4-D794-4AFF-9579-BA1658D661F1.jpeg
      78.6 KB · Views: 154

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Well, one more vote for the AAC Micro 7. Suppresses nicely, accurate, and takes a beating. Great light close range deer gun especially with the Lehigh Defense 194 subs.

Funny you mention that ammo, 60 rounds showed up today.

Do you zero for 50 yards ? Interested in drop at $2/round don't want to waste a box sighting in

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Question, what would a 300blk bolt gun do for you that a 308 bolt gun can't.
    I have the short threaded barrel one
    I have run suppressed subs out of my Ruger American 308 and I can't see what a 300blk would do for me.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Question, what would a 300blk bolt gun do for you that a 308 bolt gun can't.
    I have the short threaded barrel one
    I have run suppressed subs out of my Ruger American 308 and I can't see what a 300blk would do for me.

Nothing. .308 subs are tougher to find, but negligible difference.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Funny you mention that ammo, 60 rounds showed up today.

Do you zero for 50 yards ? Interested in drop at $2/round don't want to waste a box sighting in

Yep. 50 yard zero. Here is my DOPE card for that gun. Hope it helps! Those rounds sure are not cheap but boy do they work well! I have recovered a couple from deer and they look as they look as impressive as they perform! I can take a photo if you want.

Attachments

• FCD5C053-778D-4AEE-8FA0-C9E9F3976E8F.jpg
      FCD5C053-778D-4AEE-8FA0-C9E9F3976E8F.jpg
      60.1 KB · Views: 131

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Yep. 50 yard zero. Here is my DOPE card for that gun. Hope it helps! Those rounds sure are not cheap but boy do they work well! I have recovered a couple from deer and they look as they look as impressive as they perform! I can take a photo if you want.

Wow! 6.5" drop from 50 yards to 100 yards.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

Those are the 2 rounds I'm using as well. Do they petal like the barnes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom