• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Mrs. Stove is out. Stove Jr came home from Salisbury unannounced for the weekend. I took him out to dinner tonight because the wife had another commitment so she is spending parts of tomorrow with him.

I can only look at this unexpected happening as an absolute miracle. (Fate, divine intervention...whatever you want to call it) It was an incredible blessing that she was not on the back of that bike that day.

Lets hope Progressive takes good care of you and your ride.

Also want to let possumman know if his insurance Co. needs anything, I'm sure folks that were there would give the info they need.

Doug33w

Aug 22, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I felt like Progressive treated me well after my previous bike was totaled back in May of this year. I had full coverage on the bike and my gear and they made me an offer quickly and I felt it was fair. Though it seems like they have given up on figuring who exactly hit me. Maybe if they sort it out one day I'll reimbursed my deductible. :sad20:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Well that was fun, right up till that bridge.

After spending a little quality time at the Frederick Memorial Hospital I am please to report nothing is broken, just some "soft tissue" damage which I will be scheduling an MRI for early in the week. Thank you all for the well wishes.

What did you do to yourself?! I think I need to peruse upthread. My wife was working at FMH this weekend. Could have had her check on you. Hope the MRI indicates all is generally fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thanks guys.

We can re-do this particular ride in the future. I think had we made it to lunch, it would have been a hoot, and even more of us would have had the chance to talk (and laugh).

Thanks to everyone who participated, and for understanding why we called it short. Really enjoyed meeting everyone. Had a really good lunch, post Frederick Memorial, at the Red Robin with Mrs. & Mr. Drakhen99, THier, and my friends Cris & Sue.

Any suggestions for future group rides as far as "procedure and manageability" goes, is welcome.

Ummm...Stoveman...Hope you take post #139 in the spirit it was intended.

Riding carries a risk, we all know that and accept it, we also know it's worth it. You managed to bring together a lot of us around a common passion, get to meet old friends and make new ones. You had a plan together before we left, the fact most of us are vets, first responders, or at least work to be self reliant and prepared, made it as safe as riding really can be. Soon as Stove and Possum went down, everyone not only jumped in to help, we had a plan, we had organization, and we had a lot of capable people that you brought together. The bridge was about as hazardous as it gets, all the non-skid was worn off in the center, it was slicker than snot because of the days worth of rain and algae soaking into the wood, and right at the end of a blind corner while most were still leaned over in the turn. No real way to predict that, and couldn't really appreciate how slick it was till I walked up to help out and damn near slipped on the wood when I stepped on it. Don't know when or where the next group ride is going to be, but I'll be there, and hope you are the man to lead it.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Thanks alucard. I appreciate that.

possumman...duly noted. No more FALL rides.

Any updates from you and Stoveman about your healing progress and the status of your machines are welcomed.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks alucard. I appreciate that.

possumman...duly noted. No more FALL rides.

Any updates from you and Stoveman about your healing progress and the status of your machines are welcomed.

Well I finally don't feel like I was working part time at the WWF anymore which is the good news. The iffy news is that I have an MRI scheduled this afternoon, Doc thinks I have a tear in my left rotator cuff. Either way I will be GTG for the MDS Spring Forward motorcycle ride. :party29:

Insurance adjuster is supposed to be going out today to take a look. They will be taking it to Old Glory for repairs so there shouldn't be a problem on that end.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Stoveman & Possum, glad you guys are recovering. I would've posted sooner on here, but I've been sidelined with the flu or a really bad cold since Saturday night.

Raineman, you did a great job setting this ride up - I wouldn't hesitate to go on another ride led by you!

As for the response by everyone - the ones who blocked the road were awesome! Room to work and figure stuff out without having to worry about cagers running us over - wow!

For myself, I was right behind Stove and Possum, and watching them go down, I got on my brakes, gently, and slid a little myself, but their accident actually prevented a few more, in my eyes. I was honored to be the one to call 911 and coordinate that effort.

FWIW, Mrs. Drakhen had a heck of a time, and looks forward to the next ride, so good job guys! :thumbsup: Raineman, she said your pacing was great for her, and it was very comfortable. She was happy to see everyone pitch in when the incident occurred, and Stoveman, she wants to hang out with Mrs. Stove next time :D

Oh, and one final thing: Glad I could keep you in [figurative] stitches, y'all!

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom