• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    We are not advising the OP to do anything to his gun, just options. If its my post that is out of context, its because, a trigger job on 1911 is very easy if you understand the sear angles, the hammer and the internals. if OP does change out his sear, out of 1911 he needs a new thumb safety. but i think you can stone a better angles to your sear than the factory provided. and it might be all you need, since the 1911 is already petty sweet. TR sear jig is easier to do though, you just make sure the sear is long enough for the sear. its on the 1911 forum. so am i

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    BIG assumption about what was done.

It was worked and it is NOT right, you are not sure what was done and how well.

Again, just recommending messing with the JUST sear spring to set pull weight without a competent person checking things out is asking for trouble.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    i.e. performing subsequent safety checks. If he has the desire to set the pull weight he has the desire to do the saefety checks. It IS part of the task.

And how do you know the trigger work wasn't done correctly? Instead of stonewalling what was developing into a decent dialogue you could sat back and read or contributed in a positive manner. And learn something for yourself.

As for me, I am finished with this thread. To the OP and theBIGone2087, good luck and apologies to the derail.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Wow, someone disagrees with the way you present something, and you pick up your toys and go home.

I prefer to assume that someone asking such a question does NOT know what they are doing, and provide with all the information.

And how do you know the work was done RIGHT?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I can't blame Magnjmite for unsubscribing. He was helping and was giving solid advice. It appeared people were picking his posts apart and Instead of arguing he just washed his hands of the subject.

I understand his frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom