Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues

Notices

Old December 13th, 2017, 08:08 PM #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by iH8DemLibz View Post
We have Gorsuch because of McConnell. And only because of McConnell. Because McConnell had the stones to monkey around with the Senate rules.

People should remember that. And stop buying into this Ryan-McConnell boogieman bull crap. There are 535 people in The Congress. Ryan and McConnell can't order them to vote in the affirmative on every bill submitted.

The reason nothing is getting done in the Senate is because McConnell can't wave a wand and magically produce another eight Republican Senators. Oops. Make that nine Republican Senators as of last night's goat f*cking.
Allen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 08:45 PM #202

it will get blocked by democrats. I think that there will be a show vote by some red state democrats but not enough to pass it. The irony is they claims "states rights" Yet see no issue with forcing other's perversions on people

I can get deals on and both Mountain house and wise foods.
bluedog46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2017, 09:15 PM #203

Would love to see the Republicans change the rules for this one too to make it a 51-vote passage. Would be worth it just to see the left go into full hysterical mode.
"I have been scientifically studying the traits and dispositions of the 'lower animals' (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." -Mark Twain, 1896.
zoostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 08:43 AM #204

Quote:
We have Gorsuch because of McConnell. And only because of McConnell. Because McConnell had the stones to monkey around with the Senate rules.

People should remember that. And stop buying into this Ryan-McConnell boogieman bull crap. There are 535 people in The Congress. Ryan and McConnell can't order them to vote in the affirmative on every bill submitted.

The reason nothing is getting done in the Senate is because McConnell can't wave a wand and magically produce another eight Republican Senators. Oops. Make that nine Republican Senators as of last night's goat f*cking.
That sounds a bit like Obama asking what magic wand Trump was going to wave to accomplish his goals. I of course have no idea how entrenched some congress critters are in their views but the job of people like McConnell is to wrangle, persuade, cajole or arm twist people into line. It could be he's done all that anyone could, no way to tell, but a lot of us hoped for more. I just don't know how good he is at that job.
Work hard, shoot straight, play fair, fight dirty
DanGuy48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 09:06 AM #205
These are not your droids

These are not your droids

Quote:

Now, that is enough truth out of you sir, for the rest of the year.
"More importantly, where a state permits individuals to openly carry firearms, the exercise of this right, without more, cannot justify an investigatory detention. Permitting such a justification would eviscerate Fourth Amendment protections for lawfully armed individuals in those states."

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions...d/115084.p.pdf
danb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:32 AM #206

After reading this again, I think there are some issues that could lead to trouble for people. It says permits will be recognized by other states, but what about the actual guns people carry. What I mean by this is looking at DC, you can have a permit to carry, but they also have a rule that any firearm that comes into the city has to be registered. So would that make anyone who wanted to carry in DC have to register their gun first? Any thoughts?
Utah Concealed Firearm Instructor
MD Hunters Safety Instructor
NRA Life Member
MSI EXECUTIVE MEMBER
I.W.L.A. MD #1 Member
MD Designated Collector
CCP (MD,FL,UT,AZ,ME,NH,PA,CT)
balext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:35 AM #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by balext View Post
After reading this again, I think there are some issues that could lead to trouble for people. It says permits will be recognized by other states, but what about the actual guns people carry. What I mean by this is looking at DC, you can have a permit to carry, but they also have a rule that any firearm that comes into the city has to be registered. So would that make anyone who wanted to carry in DC have to register their gun first? Any thoughts?
No. The law explicitly states "Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof to the contrary...may possess or carry a concealed handgun." The law overrides state rules on possession.
GlocksAndPatriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:50 AM #208

I took that as any provision of not being able to carry, but not what you can carry. I don't see this interfereing with states rules on what guns are legal in the state or magazine capacity limits. Thanks for the info.
Utah Concealed Firearm Instructor
MD Hunters Safety Instructor
NRA Life Member
MSI EXECUTIVE MEMBER
I.W.L.A. MD #1 Member
MD Designated Collector
CCP (MD,FL,UT,AZ,ME,NH,PA,CT)
balext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:53 AM #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by balext View Post
I took that as any provision of not being able to carry, but not what you can carry. I don't see this interfereing with states rules on what guns are legal in the state or magazine capacity limits. Thanks for the info.
The house bill preempts local and state laws on types of handguns and magazines. The senate bill doesn't. Honestly though, it's a moot point, as I don't see the Senate passing any form of this.
GlocksAndPatriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:58 AM #210

Senate vote will be close. Last time dems fillibustered, we had 58 to pass, need 60. Trump should just issue an obamaesque executive order allowing concealed carry in all 50 states, DC and possessions, no permits needed. Local liberal AG's won't prosecute thugs for handgun violations so why should some unfortunate criminal conviction free citizen be prosecuted? Libs hate these laws because their thug constituent and family members might be shot by law abiding citizens when the preferred criminal thugs rob and assault.

Tebonski is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues