• BB7F4DDA-2303-4285-83A5-384D0B09B8C5.jpeg
      BB7F4DDA-2303-4285-83A5-384D0B09B8C5.jpeg
      2 KB · Views: 537

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The CZ 527 in 7.62x39 is possibly getting some competition from the Ruger American line now too. Perhaps this is why they're adapting? While Ruger doesn't have the wood stock option, with its synthetic stocks they have Ruger American rifles in 7.62x39 ($450 and less) and 300 BLK ($425 and less) which come with threaded barrels. They don't come with the iron sights like the CZs.

While I'm a CZ rifle fan, I think Ruger is going to eat up their sales for the 527 in 7.62x39 because of the price differential, and because Ruger is using the Mini-30 mags in their bolt, which gives the customers a greater range of mag sizes at an expense that is likely less than the 527 mags.

Anyway, just sharing my internal debate. I do think the wood stock 527 rifles are the best looking of these options.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Wow this would certainly be on a list of want, sways me more into a 300 blk pistol build over .223, if I had a bolt gun that shared same ammo

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Question is - which rifle is better made, Ruger American or CZ 527?
    I'm sure the CZ 527 is not built worse. There are a lot of satisfied owners showing 100 yard targets that one might not expect from 7.62x39. If Ruger gets close to this performance, that's great for all of us. CZ has a very dedicated fan base (I've got three of their rifles and am thinking about getting number 4 in a month or two). They might lose some sales to Ruger, but they're possibly competing in distinct if somewhat overlapping markets. In addition to the performance of CZ rifles, I love the finish and fit of their wood and blued rifles.

That being said, I have a Ruger American in 300 BLK that I don't ever plan to sell (sorry DA ).

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    Never knew about CZ until this year. Bought a scorpion carbine in January. Shot a friends 75b this spring. Now have a 75bd and P01. Just picked up a 455 american at the bel air gun show saturday. I really like CZ.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Never knew about CZ until this year. Bought a scorpion carbine in January. Shot a friends 75b this spring. Now have a 75bd and P01. Just picked up a 455 american at the bel air gun show saturday. I really like CZ.

You are doing it correctly :thumbsup:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I know with the CZ455 you can swap barrels out pretty easily. Maybe swap out your barrel on the 527 for a threaded one?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'd love to have one in 300 blk / threaded.

I have been working on a 527 in 204 Ruger for a week now. The bolt will hang up if not absolutely straight when chambering a round. Is actually quite loose and I have read they come factory tight, to where people want them looser. Rifle has ~ 200 rnds through it now. Bolt polished, raceway de-burred. Getting there ... Acurate sucker, my niece (just turned 18) is getting 2" groups @ 100yds so I'm sure I could get 1.9375" groups!

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I am another CZ fan. Picked up a couple CZ 82s in 9mm Mak with my C&R. Also got a CZ 50 in .32 ACP. That is almost like a Walther. Then there was the 527 after messing with the SKS. Got a 452 Scout for the kid, then got myself a 455 in .22 LR and shortly thereafter got a .22 WMR barrel for it. They are great guns. Thinking about something in the CZ 75 series.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I am another CZ fan. Picked up a couple CZ 82s in 9mm Mak with my C&R. Also got a CZ 50 in .32 ACP. That is almost like a Walther. Then there was the 527 after messing with the SKS. Got a 452 Scout for the kid, then got myself a 455 in .22 LR and shortly thereafter got a .22 WMR barrel for it. They are great guns. Thinking about something in the CZ 75 series.

I recently got a CZ 512 semiauto in 22 WMR. It is so well built given the price point. Runs flawlessly, and capable of under 1.5 MOA at 100 yards (from one range outing when I was learning the trigger). Takes CZ 455 mags. Biggest downfall for the 22 WMR version is that the largest mags hold 10 rds (the 22 LR version has a 25 rd mag). Otherwise, given the lower cost, it would be stiff competition for the KelTec CMR-30. Already wins on accuracy, and imo, looks.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    For the owners of the various 7.62x39 bolt actions in this thread - do you put bulk imported bimetal through it at any point, and if so do you expect to see degradation in accuracy when you return to the "nice" Western-origin lead/copper FMJ?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    For the owners of the various 7.62x39 bolt actions in this thread - do you put bulk imported bimetal through it at any point, and if so do you expect to see degradation in accuracy when you return to the "nice" Western-origin lead/copper FMJ?

When I got my CZ 527 it had a naked (unlined) bore. In order to reduce degradation of the bore due to bimetal jacketed ammo, I had the bore nitrided, drastically increasing its wear resistance.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    When I got my CZ 527 it had a naked (unlined) bore. In order to reduce degradation of the bore due to bimetal jacketed ammo, I had the bore nitrided, drastically increasing its wear resistance.
    Interesting - who did that for you? That seems like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom