• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Did anyone mail in an order to CMP for the Winchester Garands? I never thought I would see them offered but they have been listed for a little while Service Grade Winchesters for $930 free shipping.

I have the IHC, Springfield and HRA so I need one of these and I doubt I will be able to buy one from a private sale for less. Hell all garands have been listed from $1000-1600 lately.

I sent in my paperwork to see what happens. I am surprised they are still listed as available but we will see.

Cheers

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I wish u the best, but I would expect the worse based on recent reviews...... Seems most are coming with a Park job and a replacement barrel.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I have been following the threads over there and I have not seen anything that scares me. After this release who knows if I will have a chance at one but I would like one to round out my collection. The prices are just going up.

CMP has always been pretty good to me. No DBU yet but I will keep this updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Im not gonna lie, I thought about trying to put in for one. With the upcoming move, I just decided to pass this time. GL! keep us posted please.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I finally bit the bullet and mailed an order in yesterday. This is a gamble, but I don't know that I'll ever see another WRA Garand for $930 shipped. They will never be cheaper, and if I'm disappointed I'll just hold it until CMP sells out and then sell it.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I finally bit the bullet and mailed an order in yesterday. This is a gamble, but I don't know that I'll ever see another WRA Garand for $930 shipped. They will never be cheaper, and if I'm disappointed I'll just hold it until CMP sells out and then sell it.

My thoughts exactly. There have been some decent ones but most are as expected. Receiver being the only WRA part and CMP stock. The CMP stocks have gotten a lot better though over the years

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    My thoughts exactly. There have been some decent ones but most are as expected. Receiver being the only WRA part and CMP stock. The CMP stocks have gotten a lot better though over the years

A guy just sold one on the GB trader for $1150. Why he got that amount when CMP still has them, I have no idea.

I'm not expecting much other than a WRA receiver. I included a sticky begging for a WRA barrel as my first preference and USGI wood as my second, but, again, I'm not expecting miracles. I did not get lucky with the IHC release - I got an IHC receiver, an LMR barrel, a CMP stock and SA parts for the rest. I sold it. My brother, on the other hand, got one with all parts IHC except the trigger group, as well as an IHC stock. Maybe this round is my lucky round.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Since an email has not been sent out to the CMP masses, I think a lot of people do not realize they are available currently. It's been a long time since you could buy a Winny from CMP. I am surprised how many they have (presumably) considering they have been listed as available for three weeks now.

I tried something different with my sticky note and we will see if that yields me anything.

On my IHC, I received a USGI birch stock, did not get the LMR barrel but I believe that you had to select that first with a different product code? I did get IHC bolt that was Greek parked and did not match, and mostly complete IHC trigger group.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Just checked the e-store and have a May 1944 Winchester that should arrive tomorrow. Hoping it has a few surprises

I am glad I got a chance at one. CMP is showing Sold Out as of 7/26 on the Winchesters now.

Just the following avail

Special Field Grades - $830
    Special .308 - $1030
    M1C's and M1D's

Last edited:

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Just got home and opened it up. Nice original finish 1944 receiver with clean stamp. 11/43 SA barrel MR-0, TR-1 and a really nice USGI walnut stock cleanly marked S.A. N.F.R. with cross cannons. That really made this a good score, the stock is in pretty good shape overall and probably work a good bit.

More to come
    16517632fe74df0a17c565c7bc601758.jpg

805a15d6a345a419c5e510c22c87a027.jpg

fd32d76a1ceca623cd2b7820fa66522a.jpg

69e65f972f5381fb5762aef63ef1a595.jpg

3a68988a034a66f340bdb2ab307f6307.jpg

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    You got a nice one! The Winchester I got from CMP about 10 or 15 years ago was a Greek return with a pretty much worn off black finish and a beat up stock.

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    This was my Post from CMP:After following and reading this thread I decided to pull the Winchester out of My safe and take a closer look. To tell the Truth, I put it away after a cursory inspection when I received it from CMP. Turns out it was a little better than I realized! Sr#1203733, Win.Bolt and Op. Rod. SA barrel 3-52 ME@0+ TE@2+. Nice dark Walnut w/o any cracks and only a couple dings.GI Wood? Tag states G3? and is dated 2/16/11 with Armorer ID'd as SN. Not sure what the G3 stands for. There is a faint stamp on the left side of the stock just below the Rear sight perhaps an R and an A. Any Help with this would be Great. Metal finish is almost a blue/black and looks pretty good.Got an answer about Date ...Early June 1942, so Pleased about it.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I posted that on the 26th but from what I understand they are honoring through 7/26. They hit the limit I guess after almost three weeks.

They have offered WRA rack grade for some but we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sstrum

Latest threads

Top Bottom