• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    I started down that path.

Then I saw a whole new M&P15-22 sport with the Mlok rail at $315, it didn't make sense to buy the tacticool install kit for $70 and then even a used BCM KMR-A for $120. Or a used NSR for $200. Those are my 2 go-to rails.

Already cost me $75 to get the barrel threaded and the idea of throwing more money at this was not appealing. I am considering building a short 22LR upper that I can run on my SBR lower, and then add the M&P mag adapter to the lower.

...and I get that I just dropped $71 on whats probably a POS rail. They are new so not a lot of info on this 15-22 specific rail. The one good thing is that small part on the right is a spacer so there is no gap to the receiver.

I will report back once I get it installed.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    I might have been a little carried away ordering the 15" rail. With the spacer the overall length is closer to 16" and it covers part of the suppressor. Its solid and not bad for the price. The OD is closer to 1.75" so its a bigger rail relative to a BCM KMR.

If someone buys the shorter 10"/13" rail and wants to trade, lemme know! :innocent0

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I've been running mine with one of the original plastic bump fire stocks and it works really well surprisingly. The extension near the trigger on the bump stock had to be modded to clear the 15 22's bumped trigger guard but that is all it took. I hit the bolt with a drop of gun oil every 100 or so rounds or when it starts to get sluggish it cruds up pretty fast. It fires pretty darn fast i'm actually surprised Knock on wood I haven't had an OOB discharge. When the gun is clean and or well lubed it really burns 30rds quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom