Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Doing the right thing once doesn't make your righteous

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'd argue that he knows his beliefs are superseded by his oath and that kind of integrity isn't found within in the boarders of The Land of Pleasant Living. I give the man some praise.

(Choke, choke, cough, cough) Nah. He believes in it, and/or that it was in his best political interests to allow it in this case, or he would have found justification to stop it. Anyone who believes anything he or any Clintonista (he's a Clintonista Capo) says, does so at his own risk.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Doing the right thing once doesn't make your righteous

(Choke, choke, cough, cough) Nah. He believes in it, and/or that it was in his best political interests to allow it in this case, or he would have found justification to stop it. Anyone who believes anything he or any Clintonista (he's a Clintonista Capo) says, does so at his own risk.

Good points. My mistake is not factoring in "politician".

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Good points. My mistake is not factoring in "politician".

McAuliffe is the guy who left the hospital with his wife and newborn in the car, and stopped at a Democrat political fundraiser on the way home to rub elbows, leaving his crying wife and baby in the car. Then he bragged about it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Bringing back public execution would be a source of revenue, entertainment and an exemplary lesson in the consequences of bad behavior, and the lawful power of the State.

Also gives an opportunity for the subject to put in a final word, for the edification of the masses, or the vilification of those who are doing him in.

Death is a result of life, but we as a people increasingly isolate it from our experience. In the Victorian era, it was sex that was hidden from view, but public hanging was popular. Firing squads are effective and humane. Being fed to the beasts in the arena may be going a bit beyond the pale, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom