What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan Bongino has a very good take on it. Sorry if dupe, here it is:

Regarding the Bundy family in Nevada:

First, this is not a question of law, but the process by which laws are enforced and the methods used to enforce them. Sadly, many Americans are questioning if the process is fair, equal and apolitical in application?

Many patriotic and previously apolitical Americans are frustrated and are questioning if it is a more accurate expression of fidelity to our Constitution, and the rule of law, by violating the law in support of a larger principle?

When the administration consistently ignores clearly written laws, yet expects you to vigorously follow the letter of the law in an alphabet they no longer use, are we in a society of laws or just laws that apply to you?

I hope some of the DC elites read this because we are a country of genuinely good and law-abiding people who just want to know that their voice is heard and that the process is not rigged. Labeling Americans who speak out, and are frustrated at a process that seems to only apply to them and not the connected few, racists, terrorists and other terrible names, is not leadership or courageous.

Maybe when their voices and their access to the process stops being drowned out by the voices of the cronyists and politically connected we can reach a place where a land-use disagreement such as the situation in Nevada doesn't escalate as it did.

It is the nature of govt to be corrupt. Unfortunately, thinking that there can be such a thing as good govt is a fantasy. The corruption involved in the Bundy ranch showdown is well documented:

BLM’s Nevada Cattle Aggression Linked to Solar Power Plans
    http://news.heartland.org/newspaper...da-cattle-aggression-linked-solar-power-plans

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Sorry, If your not part if the solution you are part of the problem. Sorry cannot white wash this bigots mindset. I stand for 2nd Ammendment rights for all. When you try to rationalize a racists views you loose standing in what we all believe on this forum. Non infringement of the 2nd Ammendment.

What about the 1st Amendment?

:innocent0

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread revival ...

We recently learned a LOT ...

Bombshell! Government Witnesses in Bundy Ranch Case Confirm Bundy Claims

In a video report from John Lamb and Kelly Stewart, who attended the trial and have been reporting on it live from Nevada, said that such evidence as photos of snipers surrounding the Bundy house four days ahead of the impoundment, unlike the prosecution claimed, and photos of Bureau of Land Management agents with guns trained on protesters, as well as other acts of aggression by the BLM.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Lamb compared what Bundy owed, $8,815, to the vast expenses that the central government has shelled out hundreds of thousands of dollars just on contract cowboys alone, plus the impoundment and then on top of that over $100 million spent on these worthless trials to bring out a false narrative against the defendants.

So is anyone in the BLM or other government agency going to lose their job over this egregious waste of taxpayer dollars (to say nothing of the negative effect on citizens' trust of the government)?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    So is anyone in the BLM or other government agency going to lose their job over this egregious waste of taxpayer dollars (to say nothing of the negative effect on citizens' trust of the government)?

Attachments

• oh-hell-no_o_1321473.jpg
      oh-hell-no_o_1321473.jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 335

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    It is the nature of govt to be corrupt. Unfortunately, thinking that there can be such a thing as good govt is a fantasy. The corruption involved in the Bundy ranch showdown is well documented:

BLM’s Nevada Cattle Aggression Linked to Solar Power Plans
    http://news.heartland.org/newspaper...da-cattle-aggression-linked-solar-power-plans

Yeah, ya can figure out real fast where I'm coming from as I lie here dying a slow death likely due (that's what my pulmonologist thinks) to exposure to Agent Orange from my two aviator flight tours in Vietnam...'66-67 and '69-70.

I went over to that ******** in good faith both times and never met a soul who wanted to be there, but we all performed our jobs every day and chalked another day down...not knowing how westy and a host of others...mcnamara, the fuing jew boy Kissinger , Nixon and the DA-Pentagon pukes were lying and twisting the facts as we were on the verge of wrapping up the war, if only we had another 50,000 troops to get er done!

Have no intention of following any antigun law that is unconstitional or violates the 2A.

The mofo froshes, mccains, pelosies, that NY hook nose, m. waters and the rest of the putrid lot can go fxxc themselves.

The days of poaching innocent citizens are OVER friends.

My time is limited, but mark my words guys and gals, you are going to be privy to a wad of destruction you didn't think possible and it will be brought about by these cowardly turds who levy burdensome, illegal laws on us. I am Psychic/visionary, and my Gut Does Not Lie...the TIPPING POINT has been reached!!!

Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176 (GG 176 was a fine flying deHavilland Beaver, 1966-67) my Ranger Buddy Paul, 76, and I finished that challenging training 21Nov63.
    Korea...Vietnam...Vietnam II...West Germany

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I think the problem with BLM, as with all federal agencies, is that while they were created to accomplish a specific task, because their founders failed (for whatever reason) to include an auto-sunsetting provision (i.e., terminate said agency upon successful conclusion of their initial task), they tend to grow far beyond their original purpose and/or that of their creators. Then, every year, the agency must ask congress for more resources to keep up with their ever-expanding role. At the same time, they've gotta rationalize their widening scope as somehow being within the purview of the agency's original purpose. And that's where the train begins to leave the track. Eventually, it becomes a self-perpetuating process, allowing what was once a small agency with a literal handful of well-intentioned people to grow into a huge bureaucracy that knows only one thing: expand or die.

EPA's the best example of this—an agency that was formed as an emergency measure to deal with the [burning] Cuyahoga River in '69. EPA did a bang-up job tracking down the offending polluters that'd been dumping chemicals into the river for decades and quickly put a stop to it. They then found (I believe) two other rivers in similar condition, which they likewise addressed. At that point, the EPA should've been dissolved. But, nope. Not a chance. Instead, as's been the blueprint for every do-gooder-created (and special interest backed) fed agency, their managers knew a good thing when they saw it and quickly found other areas that "someone needs to do something" about and the rest is the historically tyrannical and sludge-filled stain that permeates (and controls) all of our lives today.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have learned when you make the Government look foolish they will come after with both barrels , and that is the way they want it ...................................to limit others from following . Take that to the bank .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yeah, ya can figure out real fast where I'm coming from as I lie here dying a slow death likely due (that's what my pulmonologist thinks) to exposure to Agent Orange from my two aviator flight tours in Vietnam...'66-67 and '69-70.

I went over to that ******** in good faith both times and never met a soul who wanted to be there, but we all performed our jobs every day and chalked another day down...not knowing how westy and a host of others...mcnamara, the fuing jew boy Kissinger , Nixon and the DA-Pentagon pukes were lying and twisting the facts as we were on the verge of wrapping up the war, if only we had another 50,000 troops to get er done!

Have no intention of following any antigun law that is unconstitional or violates the 2A.

The mofo froshes, mccains, pelosies, that NY hook nose, m. waters and the rest of the putrid lot can go fxxc themselves.

My time is limited, but mark my words guys and gals, you are going to be privy to a wad of destruction you didn't think possible and it will be brought about by these cowardly turds who levy burdensome, illegal laws on us. I am Psychic/visionary, and my Gut Does Not Lie...the TIPPING POINT has been reached!!!

Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176 (GG 176 was a fine flying deHavilland Beaver, 1966-67) my Ranger Buddy Paul, 76, and I finished that challenging training 21Nov63.

Archie, is that you?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

However much I may sympathise with your situation, and I do indeed, it looks as though it has brought you to The Banning Point. I must take issue with tarring the Jewish people with such a broad and undeserved brush.

At any rate, thank you for your service.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    However much I may sympathise with your situation, and I do indeed, it looks as though it has brought you to The Banning Point. I must take issue with tarring the Jewish people with such a broad and undeserved brush.

As a Jew, I also sympathize and hope that such a "good guy" has not been (nor will ever be) banned for speaking from the heart...even when such speech is both uncomfortable and questionable.

From my point of view, "jew boy" Kissinger played America's cards right in his good-cop/bad-cop dealings with North Vietnam. Unfortunately, for him (and US), it was too little, too late, as the popular "vote" had already exceeded the tipping point against the war (which we were clearly winning). But such is life in a country with women's suffrage.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    As a Jew, I also sympathize and hope that such a "good guy" has not been (nor will ever be) banned for speaking from the heart...even when such speech is both uncomfortable and questionable.

From my point of view, "jew boy" Kissinger played America's cards right in his good-cop/bad-cop dealings with North Vietnam. Unfortunately, for him (and US), it was too little, too late, as the popular "vote" had already exceeded the tipping point against the war (which we were clearly winning). But such is life in a country with women's suffrage.

No offense Fred333, but what does women's suffrage have to do with it?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I don't doubt that Good Guy was once just that and I will certainly pray for his healing from whatever ails him, but there is a difference between uncomfortable speech and flat out racist slurs. Kissinger might have been right, wrong or indifferent but I for one fail to see what his religious background had to do with it.

GG has for as long as I can remember strolled all over the line, this time he took a hard left towards banned camp. IMO this was an easy and justifiable use of the hammer by the mods.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I don't doubt that Good Guy was once just that and I will certainly pray for his healing from whatever ails him, but there is a difference between uncomfortable speech and flat out racist slurs. Kissinger might have been right, wrong or indifferent but I for one fail to see what his religious background had to do with it.

Valid points and I would never use that type of language myself. But that's my personal choice. I was also raised with the understanding that sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

Granted, we are guests in MDS' [virtual] home, but I think the Framers' unwavering belief that government (whatever form it may take in virtual spaces) prohibitions limiting the free exercise of speech, especially speech that makes some uncomfortable, is never beneficial to free people.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    No offense Fred333, but what does women's suffrage have to do with it?

Most of the irrational, illogical and kooky laws/politicians that adversely affect our lives today were instigated by women (e.g., prohibition, gun "it's for the kids" control, the Clintons, Carter, PAA (Barack Hussein Obama), the mainstreaming of progressivism, et al). :)

Attachments

• hysterical.jpg
      hysterical.jpg
      90.1 KB · Views: 191

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones

GG has for as long as I can remember strolled all over the line, this time he took a hard left towards banned camp. IMO this was an easy and justifiable use of the hammer by the mods.

I believe I recall from a previous post that GG176 suffers from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).

Saw his rant real-time, thought about addressing - but decided to give it a pass, figuring it was the product of strong medication or a bleak prognosis. Plus I figured it was bad enough to get "handled" by the professionals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom