Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland

Notices

Old January 11th, 2017, 12:04 PM #201

I am hoping Donald will putting an end to this crap starting 1/20/17.
Okletsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2017, 12:05 PM #202
ZFG

ZFG

An FAQ about the bill:

http://files.constantcontact.com/946...dba4aedf49.pdf
Old January 11th, 2017, 12:13 PM #203
ZFG

ZFG

This part of the FAQ about why the legislation is needed is scary. Basically the very first reason given is that they hate Trump. Totally absurd.

The second reason given is that it somehow makes the public safer because illegal immigrant witnesses can come forward and such, and to prevent human trafficking. BS. They still won't come forward because they are scared of the police. This policy will have many more- and far worse- unintended consequences!!
Attached Images

Old January 11th, 2017, 12:31 PM #204

The "Sanctuary City" concept is ABSOLUTELY ABSURD.
I moved from Montgomery County about 2 years ago, just across the river to Harpers Ferry. I just couldn't take tolerate the State taking away my rights any longer and taxing the devil out of me to do it.

I now drive an hour and 30 minutes to work everyday, but at least I have my 2A rights and I'm not contributing another nickel to the Crybullies in Annapolis and Maryland tax fund!
I feel a bit of remorse for giving up the fight and moving, but my small contribution was to put my money where my mouth is and move tax dollars elsewhere.

Keep up the good fight gents and I hope you have great success!!
smacduf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2017, 01:24 PM #205
MSI Executive Member

MSI Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabrew View Post
This part of the FAQ about why the legislation is needed is scary. Basically the very first reason given is that they hate Trump. Totally absurd.

The second reason given is that it somehow makes the public safer because illegal immigrant witnesses can come forward and such, and to prevent human trafficking. BS. They still won't come forward because they are scared of the police. This policy will have many more- and far worse- unintended consequences!!
New email just sent, including this FAQ section and these comments.

"Ladies & Gentlemen,

I found the below about your bill. In the first answer, how is being against criminal action,"prejudice, bigotry or hate"? ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is by definition a criminal act.

In your second answer,"not assisting the federal government with immigration enforcement" one might postulate that those actions on your part might be going against your oath of office. Sounds kind of like "aiding and abetting known fellons". "
Old January 11th, 2017, 02:02 PM #206
Let Freedom Ring

Let Freedom Ring

"Many undocumented immigrants live with the fear of potential deportation every single day. It is part of their reality. "

Obviously they don't fear it enough to leave, nor is it reality until realized. They should go "home," with or without prodding.
Old January 11th, 2017, 02:23 PM #207
ZFG

ZFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthomas229 View Post

"Ladies & Gentlemen,

I found the below about your bill. In the first answer, how is being against criminal action,"prejudice, bigotry or hate"? ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is by definition a criminal act.

In your second answer,"not assisting the federal government with immigration enforcement" one might postulate that those actions on your part might be going against your oath of office. Sounds kind of like "aiding and abetting known fellons". "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim12 View Post
"Many undocumented immigrants live with the fear of potential deportation every single day. It is part of their reality. "

Obviously they don't fear it enough to leave, nor is it reality until realized. They should go "home," with or without prodding.
Old January 11th, 2017, 03:23 PM #208
Duplex reticle

Duplex reticle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthomas229 View Post

"Ladies & Gentlemen,

Regarding the bolded text above. Here is the text of that oath:
I < name > do solemly affirm that I will support the constitution of the United States.
That I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the state of Maryland and support the constitution and laws thereof.
And that I will to the best of my skill and judgement diligently and faithfully execute the duties of <district X council member name > for Howard County Maryland according to the constitution and laws of this state.

Here's the video:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...ion-story.html

Interestingly, the text as worded in the Maryland State constitution is slightly different:

I, ..........., do swear, (or affirm, as the case may be,) that I will support the Constitution of the United States; and that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the State of Maryland, and support the Constitution and Laws thereof; and that I will, to the best of my skill and judgment, diligently and faithfully, without partiality or prejudice, execute the office of .............., according to the Constitution and Laws of this State, (and, if a Governor, Senator, Member of the House of Delegates, or Judge,) that I will not directly or indirectly, receive the profits or any part of the profits of any other office during the term of my acting as ..................
REF:
http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual...ml/01art1.html
BigSteve57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2017, 03:42 PM #209
ZFG

ZFG

The link is active to submit testimony for CB-9. Remember, the testimony you submit IS PUBLIC RECORD and other people besides the "fine folks" in the council WILL see it. So don't come off as a jerk or they will ignore it. Also, you don't want future employers to see you dressing down the Council .

Before testifying, read that FAQ that I linked above about CB-9. (http://files.constantcontact.com/946...dba4aedf49.pdf) That shows you how they are selling it, attack those sales points. Do NOT let the left frame this as "the opposition to CB9 is from a bunch of xenophobes and racists". We want a tactical and emotionless strike of their defenses, and go in hard on offense.

I suggest typing something up and sitting on it for a few days before submitting, we have until the 17th. When I get mine typed up I'll drop it in this thread.

https://apps.howardcountymd.gov/otestimony/
Old January 11th, 2017, 09:30 PM #210
Cynical Smartass

Cynical Smartass

Why don't they look at this person saved by Sanctuary? They(Bill Sponsors) willing to take responsibility when it happens here?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...ulting-girl-5/
"When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation."
Glaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2017, 08:37 AM #211

Not that I'm surprised, but this liberal BS has made it to the schools. My son is part of the student government in HoCo, and they had their monthly meeting last night. When he got in the car afterwards, I asked what they talked about. Guess which topic he was excited about. I let him speak his side, they I explained my side. Needless to say he had a look of befuddlement on his face afterwards. At least I know one child who won't be indoctrinated.
cap6888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2017, 08:47 AM #212
Let Freedom Ring

Let Freedom Ring

Are teachers telling their students that sanctuary cities are a good thing?

What other laws do teachers tell their students should be ignored?
Old January 12th, 2017, 11:58 AM #213
ZFG

ZFG

Every day on my from the gym to the office, I travel past all the apartments on Columbia Road in Columbia. A school bus will pull up to one apartment complex and 50 kids will get on it. I wonder how many of them are illegal or have parents who are illegal?
Old January 12th, 2017, 12:22 PM #214

Bring them liberal How Co turds for a tour of Kenny Court in LaurHell, Merriland, and I'll give them an intro to what Sanctuary is like: six Haitians; one Costa Rican, two Jamacians next door; 10-12 Guats in same house other side; one half breed, one white and her bastard 2 kids; and two Cubans on this six house court. Add us as two lilly white.

Some have Papers, some don't! Some on drugs and smokes, some not. Some work, some won't.

I can be a loose cannon so they stay away from me.

The Don will yank Fed funds for a year so we'll see of How Co and over 300 Sanctuary Cities feel about doing with food chits, Section 8 funds, $$$ for LE and so forth. Yeah, it'll be a great '17.... Carry on.

Lew--Ranger63
good guy 176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2017, 01:06 PM #215
ZFG

ZFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by good guy 176 View Post
Bring them liberal How Co turds for a tour of Kenny Court in LaurHell, Merriland, and I'll give them an intro to what Sanctuary is like: six Haitians; one Costa Rican, two Jamacians next door; 10-12 Guats in same house other side; one half breed, one white and her bastard 2 kids; and two Cubans on this six house court. Add us as two lilly white.

Some have Papers, some don't! Some on drugs and smokes, some not. Some work, some won't.

The Don will yank Fed funds for a year so we'll see of How Co and over 300 Sanctuary Cities feel about doing with food chits, Section 8 funds, $$$ for LE and so forth. Yeah, it'll be a great '17.... Carry on.

Lew--Ranger63
I'd love to see that money help pay for the wall. That wall needs to be built ASAP. Regardless of who pays for it, just build it!! America is worth investing in, and that wall would be a great investment.
Old January 12th, 2017, 01:13 PM #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by good guy 176 View Post

Lew--Ranger63
What you are failing to understand is that your first paragraph paints you as a racist. The rest of what you wrote matters, but the reason for not letting illegal immigrants stay here isn't because they are of hispanic, black, or whatever decent, but because they are criminals from the very time they enter this country illegally. The are ILLEGAL immigrants that are breaking the law, regardless of their skin color. The US should be looking out for its citizens and legal immigrants, before it looks out for illegal immigrants. The US should be looking out for the economic interests and safety of its citizens and legal immigrants.

Then, making sure that people immigrate here legally and that there is some serious vetting done helps to reduce the risk of terrorist attacks. Granted, we have our own home grown terrorists, but we don't pass bills that help them achieve their goals. Likewise, there shouldn't be a bill passed that helps people feel safe from a federal law. Any chance Howard County would pass a sanctuary bill for concealed carry wherein it instructs Howard County law enforcement not to enforce Maryland carry laws if somebody is carrying concealed? I seriously doubt it.

Without a written agreement between you and I, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
fabsroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2017, 01:14 PM #217
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

I had a conversation about this bill with a guy yesterday. He has a construction company and is concerned about how an influx of illegals would affect HC employment. Business owners don't want to compete against other companies who choose to hire illegals and those looking for work don't want to compete against illegals.
It's a lose-lose scenario.

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: Itís the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a personís heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2017, 01:15 PM #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabrew View Post
I'd love to see that money help pay for the wall. That wall needs to be built ASAP. Regardless of who pays for it, just build it!! America is worth investing in, and that wall would be a great investment.
The wall will not accomplish anything. It did not help China, and it is not going to help the US without people to man it. Now, where is the money coming from for the wall and where is it coming from each and every year thereafter to man it and make sure people are not using ladders or tunnels? Hard to accomplish a lot when we have a $20,000,000,000,000 deficit.

Without a written agreement between you and I, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
Old January 12th, 2017, 01:19 PM #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
I had a conversation about this bill with a guy yesterday. He has a construction company and is concerned about how an influx of illegals would affect HC employment. Business owners don't want to compete against other companies who choose to hire illegals and those looking for work don't want to compete against illegals.
It's a lose-lose scenario.
Maryland has some serious laws in place pertaining to the hiring of illegals when it comes to construction and landscaping. My drywall client has had his payroll audited twice as far as 1099 employees are concerned.

There are plenty of fines already on the books for hiring illegals. The IRS requires that names and addresses on 1099-Misc match with SSA records. However, it takes two years to force these people to move on to another employer. Instead, the IRS should be feeding this data to ICE and ICE should be paying them a visit as soon as the data on a 1099-Misc for box 7 does not match with SSA records. ICE should be there asking to confirm their immigration/citizen status. There is a lot that could already be done on the immigration front IF the powers that be wanted to do something.

Thing is, we all like cheap tomatoes and cheap housing, and our public toilet bowls to be clean.

Old January 12th, 2017, 01:30 PM #220
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

So what does the county expect is going to happen by inviting in a group of people who cannot legally work for a living?

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: Itís the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a personís heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland