• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MSP "guidance" is a pathetic substitute for actual law.

Bona fide is Latin for good faith. IMO two pistols does not make a collection, but my definition is not law either.

If push comes to shove, and the legislature is not interested in defining the terms they create out of their vaporing, the courts will have to determine the meaning.

What is, is. What "is" means is up for grabs.

There may be better ways to structure the law, but sometimes shelter can be found in ambiguity.

Which is why MSP "guidance" point out that the law regarding the DC letter does not include bonafide collector.

RedRider48

Jun 11, 2020
    Severna Park, MD
    Ok, so my Designated Collector status was approved. I sent an Email to the MSP this morning and got a reply back stating that they were running two weeks late on getting letters out. I the got an actual letter in the mail today. It seems that I got approved in two weeks and my gun pimp might have been able to have delivered on the 21st of May but they were not on the ball since they are a newer shop and did not know any better... So I mailed my application on the 5th and apparently it was approved by the 21st Received an actual letter on the 8th of June...

Ok, Did you every receive an email in the interim before receiving the letter? By your dates it's almost a month to get a Designated Collectors approval or perhaps like their firearm approvals "Not Disapproved" .

peaceMaker45

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    I just mailed in my DC affidavit on the 19th. I guess I can expect it to take a little longer than normal. I'll post back when I receive the email/letter.

MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    I just received my DC status approval email today (1/14/21). Dropped off application direct to Firearms Division drop off box on Reistertown Road on 1/4/21. So a pretty quick turnaround at the moment.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I think mine came back in about a week or so when I applied a couple months ago. I had JUST made a purchase the day I applied, so maybe that sped up whatever process they follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom