No email on 7th day, status is "Second review".

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Does the gov count hours or days? Honestly, I don't see the big sweat over a day. On the eighth day, you should get a "not disapproved". Having waited seven days, the notice should land on the eighth day.
    I admit, it's been a while for me...

We wait up to a year for NFA decisions.
    I tried saying that in the other thread. Apparently, I was wrong.:o

Yeah, I get that. I'm just not sure how the state counts their 'days'.

Other than when it starts on a Monday (because that's it's own weirdness), my experience is that it has always been 1 week. My most recent submitted Tuesday (6/9) and got the email the following Tuesday (6/16). It has always been that way for me with the electronic system. Before that, I'd been delayed a time or two, and there could be some splitting hair arguments with FFLs about which days counted...but it seems pretty cut and dry now (other than Monday:rolleyes:).

With the system being screwed up now, though...who knows :shrug:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I tried saying that in the other thread. Apparently, I was wrong.:o

Other than when it starts on a Monday (because that's it's own weirdness), my experience is that it has always been 1 week. My most recent submitted Tuesday (6/9) and got the email the following Tuesday (6/16). It has always been that way for me with the electronic system. Before that, I'd been delayed a time or two, and there could be some splitting hair arguments with FFLs about which days counted...but it seems pretty cut and dry now (other than Monday:rolleyes:).

With the system being screwed up now, though...who knows :shrug:
    Thanks for that Art. These parallel threads get wonky. I have to admit, I haven't bought anything since the electronic form came about. I also have to admit, I have a peeve for people complaining that their 7 day wait sometimes turns into an 8 day wait. That's not meant as a personal attack. I would feel the same way. I just tend to hold those little things to my self. :)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Thanks for that Art. These parallel threads get wonky. I have to admit, I haven't bought anything since the electronic form came about. I also have to admit, I have a peeve for people complaining that their 7 day wait sometimes turns into an 8 day wait. That's not meant as a personal attack. I would feel the same way. I just tend to hold those little things to my self. :)

:wtf: You need to get out there and buy, man! Well...maybe hold off a day or two to be sure everything is sorted out. :tap:

When it first went electronic, I was very skeptical. I figured outages like this one would be the norm as a defacto prohibition on handgun sales. I remember hearing about periodic and very short shutdown for maintenance, but as far as I know, this is the first time it's really crapped out.

Assuming the current situation is indeed an anomaly, I kinda really like the electronic syste :o Yes, it's a pain to have to reset my password just about every time I use it, and it can be tedious walking older folks through it...but if you can figure out MDS, you can figure out 77r-e. You still have to answer all the stupid questions every time, but that can be done at home...whenever. I keep a couple active app#'s on a post-it on the back of my HQL so I'm ready for any unforeseen opportunities. The actual paperwork done at the FFL really isn't much more than for a long gun (except for the 2 trips, of course...but there's no way around that).

The best part is getting the "Not Disapproved" email. In the old days, you'd have to wait for the FFL to call you, or call to pester them...and sometimes they had different ideas about which days counted and would get really irritated about being pestered. Now, (admittedly, maybe not right now...but all the other times when the system works :o), it's easy peasy: "Not Disapproved" email at 6am, pickup a couple minutes after the LGS opens.:D

AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City
    The last purchase I did earlier this year also went into “second review”. If I remember correctly, it was still a 7-day start to finish process like previous acquisitions.

Andreas

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    :wtf: You need to get out there and buy, man! Well...maybe hold off a day or two to be sure everything is sorted out. :tap:

When it first went electronic, I was very skeptical. I figured outages like this one would be the norm as a defacto prohibition on handgun sales. I remember hearing about periodic and very short shutdown for maintenance, but as far as I know, this is the first time it's really crapped out.

Assuming the current situation is indeed an anomaly, I kinda really like the electronic syste :o Yes, it's a pain to have to reset my password just about every time I use it, and it can be tedious walking older folks through it...but if you can figure out MDS, you can figure out 77r-e. You still have to answer all the stupid questions every time, but that can be done at home...whenever. I keep a couple active app#'s on a post-it on the back of my HQL so I'm ready for any unforeseen opportunities. The actual paperwork done at the FFL really isn't much more than for a long gun (except for the 2 trips, of course...but there's no way around that).

The best part is getting the "Not Disapproved" email. In the old days, you'd have to wait for the FFL to call you, or call to pester them...and sometimes they had different ideas about which days counted and would get really irritated about being pestered. Now, (admittedly, maybe not right now...but all the other times when the system works :o), it's easy peasy: "Not Disapproved" email at 6am, pickup a couple minutes after the LGS opens.:D
    Too busy building'm. :)

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I applied on the 18th of this month. Noticed the second review flag on the website when I checked it out. Got “Not Disapproved” on the 9th day (yesterday). The shop was closed so tomorrow I finish the transaction. As outrider said, no biggie. I remember “business days” counted at one time with the old paper method. Could easily go three weeks then.

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    Not really a complaint (well, maybe a little but definitely not a biggie), just an fyi for the current time line due to the system being down last week:

Submitted: 6/19 (Friday)
    Email Not Disapproved: 6/28 (Sunday)

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I'm not great with my gosintas, but Tuesday to Tuesday be 8 days.

Yes. You wait 7, release is on 8th day or after. MSP has told me the day of submission is day 1.
    Add 7 days and you get an 8th day release.
    Exceptionn? If the day BEFORE the normal release date is a Federal holiday or Sunday, the release day is pushed off. A Previous poster said he submitted on a Monday, so pickup won't happen until Tuesday. That has always been an issue with Monday purchases.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I just got my "not disapproved". Bought the item 6/23. 6am today I got the email.

Same thing here, Tuesday to Tuesday, which seems to be the usual. I guess they've got their stuff running again.

Apr 30, 2020
    MoCo
    One thing I found out that I'd thought I share. Maybe everyone knows this except for me for purchasing two handguns across the 30 day limit. I did my paperwork for a handgun on 6.4 and got my "not disapproved" on 6.11 at 6am. I picked up the gun later that day. I didnt plan on buying another handgun for a while but happened to find a CZP10C which I had wanted online and now seem to be hard to get. I put my paperwork in to the state on 6.26 even though it wasn't a full 30 days from my 6.11 "not disapproved". I watched the new status go from initial review to second review and then back to initial review. However on the 7th day, I didnt get an email and it stayed in initial review status. Once my 30 day limit hit on 7.11 I got my "not disapproved" at 6am so the waiting period became @ 14 days for me.

So I guess the moral is if you submit for more than one gun in a 30 day period(and not 2 guns on same day which I believe you have to wait 60 days), it seems the state police will just hold it pass the 7 day period until your 30 day requirements are met. Again, maybe everyone knows this but I didnt and it overall makes sense. I was a bit worried I was going to get "disapproved" and then have to resubmit once my 30 day limit was over

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom