• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Twenty Thirteen Two: Electric Boogaloo

Most of us lived through the bullcrap that was 2013 and remember how frustrating it was to have a gun in MSP Purgatory for upwards of 100 days because their (to that point) favorite gun shop would not release on the 8th day even though they could by MD law.

Fast forward to the current MSP computer system crash/hack/debacle and we are hearing that again some FFLs are not complying with MD law.

A right delayed is a right denied and there is NO reason why ALL Maryland firearms dealers should not be releasing after 7 days.

Out them here.

Duffy's (confirmed via Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=duffy's gun room&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Attachments

• Duffys.PNG
      Duffys.PNG
      22.4 KB · Views: 2,213

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What makes this so heinous is that not all of Duffy's or other places customers are OFWGs who have plenty of other firearms with which to protect themselves or their loved ones during this time of uncertainty and police stand downs. We set a record last month for NICS background checks and many of them are first time gun buyers, single moms and residents of cities where the lawlessness that we see every night on the TV is allowed to go unchecked.

These people are pissed off and fearful for their lives and now the cherry on top of the shit sandwich sundae is that after they have gone through all of the unconstitutional hoops that MD requires to purchase a handgun they are now being additionally crapped on by the gun store where they made their purchase. This is unconscionable.

Who's next on the gun store Walk Of Shame? Hopefully none, but the guys that drive the big cars in Vegas don't think so.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What makes this so heinous is that not all of Duffy's or other places customers are OFWGs who have plenty of other firearms with which to protect themselves or their loved ones during this time of uncertainty and police stand downs. We set a record last month for NICS background checks and many of them are first time gun buyers, single moms and residents of cities where the lawlessness that we see every night on the TV is allowed to go unchecked.

These people are pissed off and fearful for their lives and now the cherry on top of the shit sandwich sundae is that after they have gone through all of the unconstitutional hoops that MD requires to purchase a handgun they are now being additionally crapped on by the gun store where they made their purchase. This is unconscionable.

Who's next on the gun store Walk Of Shame? Hopefully none, but the guys that drive the big cars in Vegas don't think so.

Two thirds of the first-time gun buyers voted for the tools who subsequently screwed them out of their 2A rights. It's only proper that they should be educated in the ways of the MD GA legislators in this way; it may open a few minds.

I've pretty much run out of sympathy for the MD Dem voters. Let them eat the same shit sandwich they've fed us.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Two thirds of the first-time gun buyers voted for the tools who subsequently screwed them out of their 2A rights. It's only proper that they should be educated in the ways of the MD GA legislators in this way; it may open a few minds.

I've pretty much run out of sympathy for the MD Dem voters. Let them eat the same shit sandwich they've fed us.

DING DING DING DING, we have a winner,, BUT,, wait,,
    BUT i don't like them trampling anyone's rights

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I understand the "heartburn". LGS are evaluating risk/reward here. With MD and MDSP and MGA overt hostility towards gunowners in their eyes they are trying to "protect" their business. Is it "right", no, is it "wrong" i don't believe so.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I understand the "heartburn". LGS are evaluating risk/reward here. With MD and MDSP and MGA overt hostility towards gunowners in their eyes they are trying to "protect" their business. Is it "right", no, is it "wrong" i don't believe so.

^^^^ This.

The Annapolis folks would like to shut down ALL handgun sales in MD. The LGS don't want to end up on the news as "Ignored requests from the MD State Police" and get the Vince's Crab House treatment.

It sucks. It's wrong. It shouldn't happen. It's the way the MD SP has been acting since I bought my first handgun back in the 80's though.

Kaiju

Mar 2, 2013

Ya, this is why I haven't outed my dealer. That and its one of the few ranges within a reasonable drive of me, so I'm going to give it a couple more days to see if it gets fixed. I can understand from their side wanting to wait a c couple days to see if the problem is fixed. I don't agree with it, but I understand. The longer it goes on though, the less understandable it becomes.

With that said, I won't use them for purchases any more.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    The dealers aren't the ones to blame here. The state is the problem. I can't blame shops for not wanting to take on the liability of releasing firearms against MSPs wishes.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Duffy's is a good bunch of guys. I'm not going to boycott them or anybody else over this issue. They don't want extra scrutiny from the MSP.

If this is your first pistol purchase, all I can say is "welcome to Maryland".

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    law is the law. Why extra scrutiny? IF it says you can release then release it. Heads they win, tails you lose. No win situation...

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Does the "law" provide provisions for holding the seller responsible for a transfer for when the state fails to uphold the timeline put in place by the "law"?

Kalinka63

Dieu et mon droit
    I didn't know anyone bought guns from basspro. Last time I asked, transfers were $100, and every gun in the store was over MSRP.
    I actually had, in the end, a good buying experience from BassPro in March-April. At first I went there around March 30 and wanted to buy a gun, making it clear that I understand that I needed to wait for my HQL before walking out the store with a firearm, but the man refused to sell it to me. I placed the order online and it went through (after a hiccup) without further issue. Pricing was very good; a Walther PPS for then approximately $275 (I was quoted about $425-450 from other dealers for te same model). The store received the gun before my HQL was approved, so there was no undue delay.

Bottom line: Good pricing, some complications in the beginning of the purchase process (which I ascribe largely to the very uncertain situation in the beginning of the pandemic), but they did come through.

Also note that I went to a well-respected LGS in the beginning of the process and the store clerk said that they would not be able to get either a gun or ammo for me for months. I spoke with the store manager while waiting for something else, and the manager said that they would be able to get a gun for me within a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom