"Outlaw" Steel Challenge - Sunday July 5th

https://practiscore.com/agc-outlaw-steel-challenge-match-2/register

******PLEASE READ STEEL CHALLENGE SPECIAL NOTE BELOW*******

3 Gun Match - Sunday, July 12th

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-sunday-july-12-2020-clone/register

IDPA Match - Saturday, July 18th

https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-tier-1-match-saturday-july-18th/register

STEEL CHALLENGE - SPECIAL NOTE:

It is important that we do everything we can to keep the flow of these matches moving. A lot of effort goes into the design of each stage and right sizing the number of shooters on each squad.

As of late, there seems to be an inordinate number of delays caused by malfunctioning firearms (specifically in the Rimfire divisions). As such, we are going to institute a new efficiency/consistency guideline that should help to keep things moving.

Multiple Equipment Malfunctions
    If a firearm malfunctions before a shooter completes a string/stage, then that string will be scored as "Miss Stop Plate" (+30 seconds). In the case of an outlaw stage, the entire stage will be scored as normal once the par time expires. The shooter will then be given 60 seconds to clear the malfunction and then resume shooting any remaining strings. If it takes more than 60 seconds to restore the functionality of the firearm and only if it is UNLOADED, then the Equipment Malfunctions provision (See SCSA Official Rules) applies. In this case, the shooter will be sent to the safe table on the other side of AGC Lane to repair or bag their firearm.

If the same firearm malfunctions on the same or any future stages, then that stage and all of its remaining strings will be scored as DNF. The shooter is welcome try the same firearm on the next stage, however the Multiple Malfunctions rule will continue to apply to that firearm for the remainder of the match. A shooter may also substitute their firearm as prescribed by the Changing Equipment 3.2.1

Note: There are no reshoots provided for.

First malfunction>Scored Miss Stop Plate> Fix within 60 seconds>shoot remaining strings - Second and any further malfunctions>Stage Scored as a DNF>Remaining Strings on that stage are forfeited>May try again on next stage

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    3 gun squadding isn't working for me, despite being approved... Not sure why. Don't see anyone else squadded.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Well that was quick. 5 1/2 hours -

Keep registering. Last Steel Challenge we had 16 withdrawals and so it pays to be on the waitlist.

Someone told me that we might even have 3 Stages of Madness this time around.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Random new question: is Heavy gone forever for 3 gun? Wanted to give it a try for lolz at some point, since I do have the gear.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    What time does the 3 gun match run on the 12th? I’d like to stop by and Watch the match.

I’ve never shot 3 gun, is there a rookie division?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    What time does the 3 gun match run on the 12th? I’d like to stop by and Watch the match.

There is not a rookie division, however most of us are rookies anyway.

Check in is from 8 - 830
    Safety brief at 8:30
    First round down range at 9 am
    Clean up and go home around 1:30 - 2:00

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    There is not a rookie division, however most of us are rookies anyway.

Check in is from 8 - 830
    Safety brief at 8:30
    First round down range at 9 am
    Clean up and go home around 1:30 - 2:00

Thanks. I’ll plan on coming by to check it out. Look on the bright side, if I shoot a match, i’ll make you guys look that much better lol

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thanks. I’ll plan on coming by to check it out. Look on the bright side, if I shoot a match, i’ll make you guys look that much better lol

Check out the attached results of our last match. You can see there is a wide range of times in the Final Time Column. We have shooters with levels of skill that are all over the board.

Attachments

• MatchResultsByDivision.pdf
      105.8 KB · Views: 113

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you have the guns and a semi-decent belt rig, I'd advise shooting it rather than watching it. If you want to avoid the complexity and game-specific gear of a shotgun, you can just run 2-gun. Join my squad, and I'll make sure you don't get overwhelmed (David Z). PM me and I'll walk you through it.

In other news, I just sent out my Stoeger M3K for some work at MOA Precision, so you might even see me shoot in open with my Saiga 12! Or I'll wuss out and borrow one from someone for the match. We'll see.

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD

I'm new to the competition side of shooting also. If I wanted to show up to watch but bring my pistol in case there's an opening can I do that ??

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I'm new to the competition side of shooting also. If I wanted to show up to watch but bring my pistol in case there's an opening can I do that ??

We do accept walk ins if there is space. That said, these matches are typically at capacity prior to game day. We have about 9 shooters on the waitlist for for Steel Challenge right now.

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016

Last month was my first time and came in dead last. Everyone was real helpful and I had a great time. Like the others said, just sign up and shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom