• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Does anyone have any stories about how they protected themselves/loved ones/businesses?

Back in a previous life, I owned a pizza/sub shop, in Prince George's County, near the DC Line. One winter night, I was in my back office, watching a the video feed on a small black and white CCTV monitor, when I saw my employee raise up her hands, and step back from the open cash register. I see a guy holding his hand out, as if he had a gun. I grab my S&W Model 19(?) .357 revolver, and head out front to the counter, all the while having the guy covered. The hammer was cocked, and it would have taken relatively little trigger pull.
    Something told me to not shoot. I saw a brass colored barrel sticking out of his jacket. Even with my limited knowledge back then, I knew that the guns had the blueing or were stainless/nickel.

Anyway, I told the guy to drop to the floor, and then I jumped on the counter and had the gun trained on him. I told the employees to call the police, which they did. I told them to call the cops again, and tell them the owner was on the counter, and armed. I, of course, did not want them to shoot my ass upon entering the store.

The off duty cop who was working security at Safeway arrived first, and kicked the perp in the ribs once, before cuffing him. A short period later, 4 cops came, and each of them kicked the guy in his ribs, as then arrived. I think that they were frustrated, because most to the time, by the time they arrive at a scene, the bad guy has taken off.

Anyway, I think the guy pled guilty, as I was never summoned for court.

That's my story. I wonder if some of you more than adequately armed folks have a story to share.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Thankfully I have no story to tell. Guns, like insurance, are better to have and never need.

The sad fact is there are many whose lives have been saved by firearms and the media NEVER, ever reports on that. It doesn't sell newspapers, or certain political agendas.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    No such drama but i was happy to be armed one night at a gas station in Marana. I typed up a rambling here somewhere about the event. The short story was that i didn't need to draw, but left very little doubt that i was ready to.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I used a Kimber Pepperblaster II to stop an attempted murder in Baltimore City. I shot the perp in the face and he ran away like a little baby.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I had a racoon who was either rabid or suffering from prolonged exposure to rap music wearing out the basement door of our previous home at about 3am. Not sure which was scarier, the racoon or me ready to send him to the afterlife in nothing but a pair of boxers and a Glock 21......

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    I had a racoon who was either rabid or suffering from prolonged exposure to rap music wearing out the basement door of our previous home at about 3am. Not sure which was scarier, the racoon or me ready to send him to the afterlife in nothing but a pair of boxers and a Glock 21......

So, did you put a cap in the racoon’s ass, or just bore him away?

I was in court in Rockville, and witnessed a marine sargeant who hit a bird of prey in his backyard. He had a coi pond, and the bird was after the coi. He fired a 45 and hit it from a pretty impressive distance. Problem was, it was in Silver Spring. Neighbors abound. He apologized and got a PBJ. On his way out, I told him “nice shot!”

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So, did you put a cap in the racoon’s ass, or just bore him away?

I was in court in Rockville, and witnessed a marine sargeant who hit a bird of prey in his backyard. He had a coi pond, and the bird was after the coi. He fired a 45 and hit it from a pretty impressive distance. Problem was, it was in Silver Spring. Neighbors abound. He apologized and got a PBJ. On his way out, I told him “nice shot!”

He died of laughter....;)

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Had a guy looking to strong arm rob me in Wilmington Delaware in a parking garage. Luckily I still had my key remote in my hand and a compound bow with loaded quiver in the trunk of my car. Guy was about 20 yards away yelling he knew I had some money to give him when I popped the trunk and pulled out the bow. He had a very confused look on his face for a moment before he went the other way.

When I was stationed in Guam I worked in a shooting range after hours and we would stand outside to hand out brochures. A guy snagged a ladies purse in front of the restaurant next door and took off running, another guy was chasing him and I went after the purse snatcher too. I passed the other guy and followed the thief around the block until he jumped into a giant group of bushes. I was not going in after him. The other guy who was chasing sees me and comes over. He gets there and pulls a Glock out of a fanny pack and calls in on his phone. Turns out he was a police officer in plain clothes. Two uniformed officers show up and they remove the thief from the bushes and recover the purse.

Stono54

Feb 28, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD
    Luckily I still had my key remote in my hand and a compound bow with loaded quiver in the trunk of my car. Guy was about 20 yards away yelling he knew I had some money to give him when I popped the trunk and pulled out the bow. He had a very confused look on his face for a moment before he went the other way.

Usually when you gotta "pop tha trunk" on somebody its not with a bow&arrows :lol2: :lol2:

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Baltimore police officer fatally shoots robbery suspect
    By The Associated Press October 16, 2017 8:05 am

BALTIMORE (AP) — A Baltimore police officer has fatally shot an armed robbery suspect at a convenience store.
    The Baltimore Sun reports that the shooting happened just before 3 a.m. Monday at a 7-Eleven store in northeast Baltimore.
    Police said an officer was checking in on the store when he came upon a man with a shotgun robbing the store. The officer shot the suspect.
    The officer, store employees and witnesses were not injured.

This is the kind of thing that I do not mind seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom