• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    O might be at an event i an attending Saturday. I have printed a copy of the " i will fight for lower taxes" campaign sign and see if he will sign it.

Nobody

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I'll help with the bump by answering NT's comments above.

But do they? Is that why the average credit card debt is 15k dollars? Is that what something like 45% (don't quote me and no I'm not going to Google it) don't have access to 500 dollars? Is that why 2006-2008 happened? Is that why there is almost record setting number of car loans 2 months or more behind? Is that why college loan debt is where it's at? How about the amount of car loans where negative equity has been rolled over into it?

It's a good fantasy that the average American family laces up their boots and get to work on their debt. It just isn't the reality. If families are kicking the can down the road what do you expect their government to do?

I realize not everyone lives like this. As the "money person" in our family we certainly don't. I would hope you don't as well. But we are not the majority.

Your analysis is faulty. Yes getting in debt over your head is a poor lifestyle choice, but one made by both families and governments. Eventually, however, if the debt grows too large (you've kicked the can too far down the road) lenders stop lending to both. At that point you (individuals, families, governments) can no longer effectively borrow and they have to live within the limits of their annual income. Actually, it's worse: it's within the limits of their income minus principle and interest on their loans - a silly place to be.

But that's not what we're talking about is it? Borrowing money is just a distraction. We were talking about governments continuing to raise the tax rates over time - something they alone can do and something that individuals and families cannot do. My contention is that governments, like families, should live within their means, and should not pick the pockets of taxpayers at ever increasing rates just because they're greedy, and they have the power to do so, and at the expense of those who simply have to do without.

BTW, like you I and my family don't live like that. I'm smart enough to use credit cards as extensions of my checking account - willingly accepting the card monthly rebates, while paying off the balances in full every month. I chose to live within my means, and prioritize if or when I make purchases. If I can't afford it, I simply don't buy it. And while I agree with you that most folks don't follow that same personal economic model, my point above about tax rates is unique to governments.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The good news: the county council cut $14 million from the proposed budget in a meeting yesterday.

The bad news: that $14 million came out of a $3.4 billion budget. That's 0.4% of the budget. Cutting back on the use of paper clips is a start, but... :sad20:

Of course, there was the requisite "partisan" bickering, finger pointing and general bitching about anything politically expedient.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/m...d-co-budget-deliberations-20190517-story.html

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The good news: the county council cut $14 million from the proposed budget in a meeting yesterday.

The bad news: that $14 million came out of a $3.4 billion budget. That's 0.4% of the budget. Cutting back on the use of paper clips is a start, but... :sad20:

Of course, there was the requisite "partisan" bickering, finger pointing and general bitching about anything politically expedient.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/m...d-co-budget-deliberations-20190517-story.html

This is what the world has come to.
    You’re going to pay a cell phone tax in order to fund a Chief diversity officer.

Attachments

• D6D2C3F0-917A-4E50-AA69-73860BC86D3A.jpg
      D6D2C3F0-917A-4E50-AA69-73860BC86D3A.jpg
      55.1 KB · Views: 231

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'm not sure the council can "cut spending". They can not approve certain spending but the dollars just get moved around. They didn't "cut" anything they just put the money under different slivers on the pie chart.

The entire thing is a mess. For one of the most important debates and votes once councilwoman is in Vegas on vacation. They allowed her to phone in her vote...seemingly nothing saying that can or cant happen. But considering how important budget votes are you'd really think you'd plan to be in the state for the meeting.

The spending was cut from road paving and employee health insurance fund mostly. The millions of computers and the diversity officer was off limits for cuts....makes sense.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    This is what the world has come to.
    You’re going to pay a cell phone tax in order to fund a Chief diversity officer.

No I wont be as my billing address will still be my parents address in Darlington.

Maybe this will finally convince my fiance of the realities of staying in Maryland.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Harford County is barely a Conservative held county any more. Look at the last election numbers. Look at the Republicans who didn't hold their office in Hazzard County. It's happening faster than most thought possible.

sure, that's the whole point of pushing so much section 8 in Harford county. Spread the plague to make everyone sick.

it a different form of gerrymandering :)

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    A growth in population should lead to a growth in revenues, unless your are importing freeloaders....

therein lay the problem, the state is attracting more and more freeloaders.

think about it, if you were a free loader, in your mind, why work when you can make more tax free money standing on a corner and still collecting a government check/ freee housing.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I figured I'd post this here instead of making a new thread on this Jack wad.

The first step in finding a solution is identifying the problem. He's too afraid to offend anyone though so I guess our problems in balti county will never be fixed
    1aa53eed918fc48319127dd7db027fda.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

said solutions = shipping the trash out to the surrounding counties.

spread the wealth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom