• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, up here at the Mason Dixon line where I'm at everyone shoots for "free" in their big back yards and farms.

With that said, I'm likely to never frequent this place or even drive anywhere near it but I like the fact that more gun ranges are opening up, especially a real large one. 100 yards indoor, thats going to be loud when people show up with their 300 mags et al.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Yeah, up here at the Mason Dixon line where I'm at everyone shoots for "free" in their big back yards and farms.

With that said, I'm likely to never frequent this place or even drive anywhere near it but I like the fact that more gun ranges are opening up, especially a real large one. 100 yards indoor, thats going to be loud when people show up with their 300 mags et al.

Free state allows ANYTHING thirsday eves. I so bad want to take a friend with his 50bmg, 25 yards, indoor!!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Silver Eagle originally was like this. Valet parking, concierge, gun cleaning, etc. I think that lasted a year before they switched to being a regular range.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    With those fees, I don't see it lasting too long. I sure as heck won't be joining.

ETA- I stated the above with the assumption only members will be able to shoot there.

I wish them success. But these fees are a friggin joke. I don’t need a cigar lounge. I want a clean and safe envirnment. Annual membership at continental and an outdoor range on the shore suits me just fine. Although the simulator would be interesting.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    With only 5 100 yd lanes, and those prices.

You say compare it to golf/country club. Those clubs offer more than just a driving range.

Yeah, if they had some indoor courses for room clearing, run and gun shotgun/pistol training and stuff maybe (on top of the shooting lanes).

The hourly rates are super high and basic membership is painful also.

At $145 and 4-8hrs of my time yearly I’ll take IWLA, thank you very much.

Now if I could just convince my wife to let me put a 20yd range in my basement...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Free state allows ANYTHING thirsday eves. I so bad want to take a friend with his 50bmg, 25 yards, indoor!!

Can you tell if you hit the target? I’d figure the muzzle blast would shred the paper at that distance.

Also is it “anything”? Or is it anything that isn’t a DD? Because if it’s anything I know a guy with a 20mm Lahti

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I guess we will see how good their aim is.

I dunno, sounds like the kind of place that could be fun for a bachelor party.

Otherwise I have more sense than money and likely would otherwise not patron the place at those prices.

I agree. I won’t be joining either. It’s not really close to me anyways. The Izaak Walton I belong to suits my purposes just fine. And it’s only $150.00/year. I dropped my membership at Monocacy Pistol Club because I just wasn’t using it.

moongdss74

Dec 26, 2018
    Reisterstown, MD
    This is right around the corner from us and my husband and I just sat down to figure out costs.

We pay $270 for a family membership at CA
    We pay $31 for 1 hour every so often at Freestate when we feel like shooting his AR... But for grins and giggles, let's say we spring for the $290 membership.

That's $560 for two indoor ranges, anywhere from 20 minutes to a one hour drive for us.

Guntryclub would be $69 signing+$948/year for a regular joint membership but I only 4 miles from our house.

We just can't justify that cost. We could even throw in AGC and STILL come out lower than this place.

I'd rather spend my money on ammo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom