• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    All, MANY thanks for all your kind words, support and prayers. This last week has been a blur for me and Mrs. Beo, and my family and I are truly grateful to be part of this caring community.

My son and his wife heard from the Victim's Advocate; there are two prosecutors assigned to the case (I didn't catch their names, sorry). The Advocate made sure that the family had all the support and therapeutic resources they need. Now on to the grief for us...
    I am so very sorry for your loss.

How very tragic that your grandson had to pay the ultimate price for a small mistake, at the hands of an animal.

May God grant you and your family peace in the coming months.

Shooter is back in HoCo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Hopefull this vermin won't live to stand trial, saving everyone much grief.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    ordered held without bond. He is already doing 10 years, so not a surprise.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-dellinger-update-20190614-story.html

The Ellicott City man charged with murder for a church parking lot shooting was ordered held without bond on Friday.

Rane Dellinger appeared in the Howard County district courtroom via video Friday, sitting across the table from his attorney with his fingers crossed in his lap for the duration of proceedings.

crossing his fingers? WTF. He is doing 10 years already!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    UPDATE: The sentencing hearing is scheduled for 6 March. Mrs. Beo is rapidly approaching "Mess" status. I'm sticking close to home for "Mrs.-tending". Son and family are handling it, but the psychic wounds are evident at times.

I'll be SO glad when this is all behind us and we can finally heal and grieve.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Sentencing Update

Mrs. Beo went, so this is secondhand.

BLUF: He got 7 1/2 years, with possible supervised probation after 5. The 5 is flat (no probation). If while on probation he tests positive for drugs or alcohol, or touches a gun, he goes back for 30 years.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Again in the Sun they made it sound like they had been parked behind the church for a while, started smoking pot and playing around with a loaded gun which is nonsense. The whole thing went down in less than 12 seconds after they parked.

This clown took a life and could breathe free air after five years, pathetic.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Mrs. Beo went, so this is secondhand.

BLUF: He got 7 1/2 years, with possible supervised probation after 5. The 5 is flat (no probation). If while on probation he tests positive for drugs or alcohol, or touches a gun, he goes back for 30 years.

Does your wife know what was said at the sentencing hearing to persuade the judge to give this guy 7.5 years with parole eligibility in 5 years? The sentence just seems incredibly light for what I know about the matter. However, since I was not in the courtroom I am sure there are plenty of things I do not know about the case.

What was the defendant found guilty on?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    How are you feeling about this? About what you thought?

I'd like to see him locked away for the full 30 years, but it is what it is. I have every confidence he'll go right back in after a month or less of probation. He's always been able to game the system; he probably thinks this time is no different. I'm certain he'll screw up.

Does your wife know what was said at the sentencing hearing to persuade the judge to give this guy 7.5 years with parole eligibility in 5 years? The sentence just seems incredibly light for what I know about the matter. However, since I was not in the courtroom I am sure there are plenty of things I do not know about the case.

What was the defendant found guilty on?

He took a plea deal on Murder 2. He was also a felon in possession of a gun (violated his probation too), which was wrapped up with the Murder charge. They found a second gun with the drug/cash stash he led them to after his arrest. Apparently all that was pled away. It was depicted by the defense as a "tragic accident". Accident my azz. :mad54:

Wife said there was a "parade" of character witnesses for him, but they were all from his middle school days, not his high school years. Made him seem like a saint. She was NOT happy about that.

Incredibly, he has a Svengali-like hold over grandson #2 (the middle one; now the oldest surviving), who's been visiting him in jail and said in court that he'll be waiting for him when he gets out. Bastard's almost like a mini-Manson in that respect. I'm hoping the counselling can straighten grandson's head out...

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'd like to see him locked away for the full 30 years, but it is what it is. I have every confidence he'll go right back in after a month or less of probation. He's always been able to game the system; he probably thinks this time is no different. I'm certain he'll screw up.

He took a plea deal on Murder 2. He was also a felon in possession of a gun (violated his probation too), which was wrapped up with the Murder charge. They found a second gun with the drug/cash stash he led them to after his arrest. Apparently all that was pled away. It was depicted by the defense as a "tragic accident". Accident my azz. :mad54:

Wife said there was a "parade" of character witnesses for him, but they were all from his middle school days, not his high school years. Made him seem like a saint. She was NOT happy about that.

Incredibly, he has a Svengali-like hold over grandson #2 (the middle one; now the oldest surviving), who's been visiting him in jail and said in court that he'll be waiting for him when he gets out. Bastard's almost like a mini-Manson in that respect. I'm hoping the counselling can straighten grandson's head out...

I hope your grandson changes his mind. Pretty sure the only reason I would be waiting for my brother's killer to get out of prison, "accident" or not, would be so I could return the favor. Granted, probably should not advise that either, but I would have steam coming out of every orifice if somebody killed one of my siblings, accident or not.

Really sorry to hear that the guy only got 7.5 years, but this is Maryland after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom