Here's an action pic.... I love this muzzle brake

imagejpg1.jpg

what brake is that?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Damn. David - the owner responded within 20 mins. He suggested that the chamber might just be tight, and that I continue to hand cycle rounds. Seems to be "loosening" up a bit. Maybe I was just being paranoid...

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    They really do care about the customer, I've had nothing but good interactions with that company.

Hopefully you get it cycling properly

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Gratuitous foot pic. Can wait to get it out to the range!

Specs:
    8.5" 300 AAC BLK
    NiB BCG
    Free float rail
    Anderson lower
    CMMG LPK with Magpul goodies
    KAK Industries Super Sig buffer tube and kit
    Burris fastfire 2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413167288.791123.jpg

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Got my 10.5 radical firearms upper in this week. Had already built a lower for it.

Used the Kak buffer tube with the sig brace which I really think is a nice combo. Got LOP right where I want it.

99bca1adb52ac146b60b4fd433c79ebd.jpg

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    My new 10.5" Radical Firearms pistol build

Just received the completed upper this past Friday and pinned it on to my completed Anderson lower and took it to the range Saturday.
    Link to the upper:
    http://www.radicalfirearms.com/product-p/rfupperv1.2.105.556.htm
    It performed flawlessly. I put 80 rounds thru it sighting in the red dot and BUIS as well as just doing some plinking. No failures to feed or eject and bolt stayed opened on last round.
    Fit and finish is pretty good and is a good fit onto the lower (no gaps/not loose etc.).

Anyway, here are a few pics. I really like the way it turned out - its lighter than I thought it would be.
    Build list:
    Anderson stripped 5.56 lower
    10.5" YHM Radical firearms complete upper.
    OSS Bannar muzzle break
    CMMG lower kit
    Hogue grip
    Phase 5 tactical extended bolt release
    Sig Brace with Phase 5 Hex- 2C complete buffer kit
    Magpul BUIS Gen 2
    Magpul AFG2
    Magpul ladder rail protectors
    Primary Arms MD-ADS red dot
    Best,
    Jim

fullsizepic.jpg
    frontendview.jpg
    OSSBannarcompcloseup.jpg

Last edited:

Jack5j

Nov 29, 2013
    Kent Island
    This is a great and timely thread! I have 2 Anderson lowers (I just installed a Stag LPK in one watching the Redskins game today) and a Stag lower to build. I'm thinking about pistols for the Andersons and a rifle config for the Stag and have been researching upper suppliers. Has anyone had any more feedback from the manufacturers in this thread?? I have an Adams Arms mid rifle that got me hooked on the AR platform. Thanks for any feedback. Shootin' on/from the Eastern Shore! (Also, anyone have a used 10.5" or 7.5" complete upper looking to unload?)

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Got my 10.5 radical firearms upper in this week. Had already built a lower for it.

Used the Kak buffer tube with the sig brace which I really think is a nice combo. Got LOP right where I want it.

99bca1adb52ac146b60b4fd433c79ebd.jpg

Finally got around to test firing this bad boy. First time I had fired an ar pistol and it was freaking awesome.

I am running an H2 buffet with the KAK buffer tube kit. Cycled Tula and hot shot 62gr perfectly with no FTF or FTE.

Has very minimal recoil.

Swapped the bcg that came from RF for a nickel boron one from AIM just to test and both worked great. The AIM bcg has a nice smooth finish to it and will remain in the upper.

Overall very pleased especially for the money.

toshu

Nov 19, 2012
    Ocean City
    Finally got around to test firing this bad boy. First time I had fired an ar pistol and it was freaking awesome.

I am running an H2 buffet with the KAK buffer tube kit. Cycled Tula and hot shot 62gr perfectly with no FTF or FTE.

Has very minimal recoil.

Swapped the bcg that came from RF for a nickel boron one from AIM just to test and both worked great. The AIM bcg has a nice smooth finish to it and will remain in the upper.

Overall very pleased especially for the money.
    Whats the OAL of your set up? I also have a 10.5 on order and am thinking of the KAK Super Gen 2 buffer

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wow. Some of them are scary cheap. $300 for an assembly, usually pay that for just a barrel and rail.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Whats the OAL of your set up? I also have a 10.5 on order and am thinking of the KAK Super Gen 2 buffer

OAL is 28.75 the way I have it set. If you didn't use any spacers on the buffer tube you could shave a half inch off, but no shorter.

The KAK tube grips the sig brace well. Had to bang it on the ground to get it to seat. Don't want to have to take it off. Ever.

toshu

Nov 19, 2012
    Ocean City
    OAL is 28.75 the way I have it set. If you didn't use any spacers on the buffer tube you could shave a half inch off, but no shorter.

The KAK tube grips the sig brace well. Had to bang it on the ground to get it to seat. Don't want to have to take it off. Ever.
    Hmmm....i would like to stay under 26 in to meet the Maryland Handgun definition and stay legal and out of trouble.

Which version of the KAK tube do you have? I am assuming an earlier version since you are talking about spacers.

BTW, is OAL measured to the end of the FH or the barrel?

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Hmmm....i would like to stay under 26 in to meet the Maryland Handgun definition and stay legal and out of trouble.

Which version of the KAK tube do you have? I am assuming an earlier version since you are talking about spacers.

I measured from the flash hider, so you could lose some length there.

My understanding of the handgun law really has nothing to do with length. You can have a pistol lower with any length barreled upper on it. There just can't be a stock on the buffer tube. I'm my case I have used the sig brace.

My Kak tube was purchased pretty much the same day I originally posted to this board. So undoing it is an older style. Unless I am mistaken. They come with different sized spacers so you can adjust where the sig brace ends up on the buffer tube to adjust for your own preference. Or you could use it without the spacer for a more compact pistol.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county

Maybe to answer your question better, oal is measures from the barrel unless the flash hider is permanently attached.

Limit on pistol barrel length is 16", there is no minimum.

If the oal is under 26" you can't use a vfg, but could use an afg.

Hope that answers your question better. So true oal for my pistol is about 28".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom