Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418609325.959669.jpg

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Nice looking rifle. Does the upper fit nice and snug on the lower?

Mine fit great on a aero precision lower. Tighter than my palmetto upper/ lower combos. Nothing against PSA as I really like their stuff. Just a comparison.
    RF seems to be pretty good so far. Looking forward to longer term reliability reports. Then again, most of us won't put 10,000 rds through it in a year.

However, if someone does do this please let us know of your results!!

EasyE

Jan 26, 2013
    Sweet pistol man!!!

I can't wait to finish mine, always wanted a 10.5" pistol and I'm almost there. I hear the brace helps with stabilizing when shooting one handed but slightly effects the sight picture.

Postalsnap

Mar 20, 2015
    My Radical Firearms 10.5" 5.56mm Pistol

I bought this one about a year ago. Aero Precision upper and lower, 10.5" barrel in 5.56mm, quad rail, etc. I need to post some newer pics because it doesn't quite look like this anymore.

My only real criticism on the gun is that the quad rail is heavy and the rails are not back-cut like your high-end rails. When I tried to slide my old Knights Armament rail panels on (I've only got like a drawer full after so many deployments), they wouldn't lock in because the backside of the rail slots weren't machined square. I guess that's how they saved a ton of machining costs and that's where some of the weight comes from. But Magpul XTM rail covers work great although some have to be pressed together with channel locks in order to get them to lock. The rails just aren't as tight toleranced as KA or DD.

I ended up frustrated with having to clean a SUPER dirty gun when shooting with the suppressor so I converted mine with an Adams Arms XLP piston kit. LOVE IT!!!! No more dirty, nasty BCG. Unfortunately, I had to buy a different handguard because the piston kit wouldn't fit under it, plus it was about a 1/2" too long to where I wouldn't have been able to get to the gas regulator to switch back and forth from suppressed to full gas.

I'm going to buy (probably today, if not tomorrow) a 5.56mm and a .300 BO barrel from them for a couple of builds I'm in the middle of. Will try to remember to post my findings and some updated photos.

BTW, I went ahead and sent in my paperwork to SBR it since ATF seems to be backing out on the Sig Brace thing.

Attachments

• 20150206_171128.jpg
      20150206_171128.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 539

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Nice rifle. Probably best to get away from the sig brace now that there is confusion. Oos luck with the SBR process. Heard they are denying all of the Maryland apps.

Postalsnap

Mar 20, 2015
    Updated Photo

Here are my updated photos. SBR's are no problem here in Texas. I know I'm not from Maryland nor have I ever been there, but I wanted to post my review/opinion for someone who was asking about Radical Firearms equipment.

Well, I've been to their shop where they make their stuff. It's located down in Stafford, Texas which is about a 30 minute drive from my house. They are making almost everything in-house themselves except for a few things. Their goal is to make AR's that are 100% tooled by them.

So far I've bought their 5.56mm 10.5" AR pistol, a 10.5" .300 Blackout barrel and a 16" 5.56mm M4 barrel. I finished 2 builds yesterday (1ea .300BO upper, and 1ea 5.56mm carbine rifle) and was happy with the results. Just need to get out and shoot them. I can post pics of them if you like.

Attachments

• RFA556-3.jpg
      RFA556-3.jpg
      140.1 KB · Views: 413
    • RFA556-4.jpg
      RFA556-4.jpg
      143.8 KB · Views: 593
    • RFA556-1.jpg
      RFA556-1.jpg
      116.8 KB · Views: 521

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Here are my updated photos. SBR's are no problem here in Texas. I know I'm not from Maryland nor have I ever been there, but I wanted to post my review/opinion for someone who was asking about Radical Firearms equipment.

Well, I've been to their shop where they make their stuff. It's located down in Stafford, Texas which is about a 30 minute drive from my house. They are making almost everything in-house themselves except for a few things. Their goal is to make AR's that are 100% tooled by them.

So far I've bought their 5.56mm 10.5" AR pistol, a 10.5" .300 Blackout barrel and a 16" 5.56mm M4 barrel. I finished 2 builds yesterday (1ea .300BO upper, and 1ea 5.56mm carbine rifle) and was happy with the results. Just need to get out and shoot them. I can post pics of them if you like.

Nice looking guns!
    I have one of the Radical 10.5" 5.56 YHM complete uppers - not a single issue with firing (I've shot M855, 5.5.6 and .223 out of it so far) and good quality.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Not familiar with them but they sure are good prices. Anyone know how the melonite finish they use compares to chrome lining?

Melonite is better than chrome.

It offers a very thick layer of hardened material which is very very slick.

Depending on the steel used, it can be as good, or much better than chrome.

My choice for rifle barrels is as follows

4150 nitride, 4140 nitride, chrome lined 4150, chrome lined 4140, stainless, naked CMV

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Only issue I've had with their barrels so far is that I bent the gas tube trying to get the flash hider off. Apperbtly they really crank them down. Lots of complaints in other forums.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Only issue I've had with their barrels so far is that I bent the gas tube trying to get the flash hider off. Apparently they really crank them down. Lots of complaints in other forums.

That's not good. That can affect accuracy.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I have one and did not have trouble with the flash hider. Came right off. Noemi have to double check it, but inhale fired it quite a bit since I did this and it seemed fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom