• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    One of mine almost broke a toe once when it dropped on my bare foot. In its defense I knocked it off a work bench. So you could argue it was a case of self defense.

rtodd1586

Sep 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie, Maryland
    Well, the good news is, it doesn't seem like they had many cosponsors, which probably means they'll have trouble beating a veto in the unlikely event this makes it out of committee and passes a vote. This doesn't really look like a well-considered bill, and is more like the usual BS from the Baltimore reps on how they're "fighting violence".

Yes, call your reps and tell them to vote no. But also CALL HOGAN and tell him he needs to veto this if it goes anywhere. This is the one damn thing he MUST do.

They want to pass this ASAP, this is a political move, say Hogan does VETO it and it goes back, and it doesn't pass. The headline is still Hogan doesn't care about the violence in the state or the victims in Vegas.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They want to pass this ASAP, this is a political move, say Hogan does VETO it and it goes back, and it doesn't pass. The headline is still Hogan doesn't care about the violence in the state or the victims in Vegas.
    Nice theory, but total lack of sponsors makes it unlikely. When it's a political ploy, everyone and their dog hops on as a sponsor. These guys had no one else on-board, which means it was either rushed or unpopular, or maybe both.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I doubt this will pass but it'll make my move to DC more palatable. Thanks, Maryland!

honukane

Aug 15, 2012
    Southern Maryland-istan
    Proposed Ban of Mags over 10 capacity: kill HB 991/SB 1062

Sent today to my House reps & Senator:

Folks:
    I respectfully request that you actively work to oppose and kill House Bill 991/Senate Bill 1062: Weapon Crimes – Detachable Magazines and Regulated Firearms – Possession. Hopefully it will never make it out of committee, however if it does it should be killed in the House/Senate vote. The legislative act of making the mere POSSESSION of standard and extended capacity fire arms magazines illegal is absurd. Similar restrictions have already been struck down in New York and California.

In my opinion this bill is simply grandstanding by the representatives of crime-ridden Baltimore city. It does nothing to further safety in the city of Baltimore (or the State of Maryland) since the local Baltimore criminals do not obey laws to begin with. When caught and prosecuted, the swinging door justice system quickly puts them back on the street.

The bill serves no useful purpose other than to further impinge on the 2nd amendment rights of LAW ABIDING citizens of the entire state of Maryland… This bill instantly makes a new class of criminals out of legitimate firearms owners.

As a voter, constituent, and contributor I will be carefully watching the progress and hopefully the demise of this ill-founded bill.

Thank you for your support,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom