• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Do you really think they will put your guns in cases? If you're lucky they will all get thrown in a duffle bag.

According to the new amendment that Jeff reported, they are to take them in the firearms owner's supplied gun case.

My question is what happens if the firearms owner doesn't have enough gun cases?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    As far as I can tell, there are no implications for non-prohibited people having ammo, or being in proximity to ammo, just that it would be confiscated as well.

More concerning is during the time after confiscation, loose round found in trunk of car or bed of truck. Would this be similar to be found in possession of a firearm since this is now in the bill?

This is just a thought Rack, thanks for all your doing.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    According to the new amendment that Jeff reported, they are to take them in the firearms owner's supplied gun case.

My question is what happens if the firearms owner doesn't have enough gun cases?

The actual language is “removed in protective cases, if available. “

I suppose you are at the State’s mercy if you own firearms but own no protective cases.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    More concerning is during the time after confiscation, loose round found in trunk of car or bed of truck. Would this be similar to be found in possession of a firearm since this is now in the bill?

This is just a thought Rack, thanks for all your doing.

These “what if” scenarios are not the issue this week. The questions this week are “what can I do to pressure the Governor to veto the Red Flag bill?”

Facebook blizzard, yes. Calls to Gov’s office? Yes!

While Mark Pennak and I are in the Belly of the Beast you all need to be on the phone and the keyboard recreating The Great Flood.

Attachments

• C0224B3A-DF1C-4D10-BA6D-8986573C0713.jpg
      C0224B3A-DF1C-4D10-BA6D-8986573C0713.jpg
      76.7 KB · Views: 254

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think most would agree that if he vetoes these abominations, especially this one, he will get their vote.

Doubtful. There are a variety of straws. "Hogan has done nothing for the 2A community and did not direct the HPRB to accept self defense" is one, but there are others.

My assessment is that Hogan could not please people around here, so he wont try. He already said he would sign these.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Doubtful. There are a variety of straws. "Hogan has done nothing for the 2A community and did not direct the HPRB to accept self defense" is one, but there are others.

My assessment is that Hogan could not please people around here, so he wont try. He already said he would sign these.

apparently hes having 2nd thoughts on this one.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    To all those concerned with ammunition seizures and gun cases/proper transportation, contact the MGA and Governor Hogan's office and address your concerns with them.

The bill, as amended, looks promising, but we ain't out of the woods yet.

Please continue to call, write, and e-mail.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    What happens if the gun owner doesn't have enough gun cases for every firearm they own? I know I'm seriously lacking enough gun cases for all of my firearms. I doubt any collector would have a gun case for every firearm they own.

Start collecting gun cases? At least soft cases.

This is crazy.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    No other civil right, no other fundamental tenet upon which this nation was founded gets the cavalier, annual, "What can we take away this year?" parcing and dicing that the Second Amendment gets in the Maryland General ASSembly. This is fast becoming the "Civil Rights-Free State."

The Maryland State Government has always been heavy handed, but in 2013, the FSA2013 was supposed to be THE COMPREHENSIVE "SOLUTION" to gun violence. What happened? Everything they did, have done since then, and continue to do, makes things worse. These people haven't a clue. Doing "something" can be worse than doing nothing, and Maryland proves it over and over again. Doctors are constrained by the Hippocratic Oath for good reason. First, Do No Harm.

It's arguable that everybody who endorses and votes for this Miller-dictated "solution" is an imminent threat to our Constitution and society, and perhaps themselves need to have their own guns taken away, whether they own or are protected by others carrying them. Starting with Miller, who was said to have bragged in 2013, that "I have more guns than you do."

Disarming the civilian population is nearly always how it starts, using all sorts of handy excuses, and targeting small groups at a time so as to not cause a mass uprising. Miller is repeating the mistakes of history and allegedly expecting a different result. That's insanity. Is Miller playing out a dark fantasy, to the degree he can enlist others to help him?

Let those who disarm the law-abiding without Due Process be the first to be disarmed. Starting with Miller.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Do you really think they will put your guns in cases? If you're lucky they will all get thrown in a duffle bag.

My past experience, I had my pistols returned to me in a paper bag with several scratches from Baltimore County Police. No apologies for the lost cases, magazines, etc. My attorney advised me not to press the issue.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    To all those concerned with ammunition seizures and gun cases/proper transportation, contact the MGA and Governor Hogan's office and address your concerns with them.

The bill, as amended, looks promising, but we ain't out of the woods yet.

Please continue to call, write, and e-mail.
    This is JUST what they want to hear.

NOT picking on you personally, but promising in the way getting beaten with a cat-o-nine-tails looks promising as compared to getting beaten with a piece of re-bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom