Humane Society of the Unites States, HSUS WARNING!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Ok, so apparently I was not paying attention and I hope to make amends by making sure others are aware.

I was reading one of my hunting magazines and an article started talking about the Humane Society of the United States and how they are basically a political organization whose primary focus is the eradication of hunting in this country. After doing my own research I see that in fact this is true. They collect millions of dollars a year and spend it on lobbying, lawyers, pensions for their workers and everything except animals. Looks like maybe 1% of the money actually goes to shelters. There is an organization, http://www.humanewatch.org/, that is making it their mission to inform people about the trickery of HSUS.

I am a hunter. I am all about tasty animals and population control. I also have a dog and a cat that I got when others did not want them.

I guess my message is beware. If you do not already know the Humane Society of the US does not help family pets. It does work to end hunting in the US. If you care about pets please donate to your local animal shelter. Do your own research too.

I am doing my part to spread this message. I am sure many of you know about them already, but I did not and others may not. Please let everyone know.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    That's the national organization, not to be confused with state/local. I've known about it for years.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I don't know about the national organization but the Baltimore humane society is a good organization. We adopted our current dog through them.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Yes, it is the so called national organization and that is different from local humane societies. Humane Society of the United States is apparently just a catchy name to fool Americans into giving to their political machine. I had not heard of it before either. Just shows you have to do your research.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I don't know about the national organization but the Baltimore humane society is a good organization. We adopted our current dog through them.

I worked for years through another animal rescue with Baltimore Humane Society. Top-notch folks. The state/local organizations (which rescue animals) are completely unrelated to the national organization (kooks).

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I saw a hunting show and they were bashing it...I thought it was a joke also but then they kept going on about it...and it was disturbing to say the least.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    HSUS is a POS and I have know about it since probably 1997 or 1998. I really got educated about them after I started trapping in 2000. They went after trappers pretty hard at one point, getting bans in CA, CO, WA, AZ, and MA. They attacked hunting bears and mt lions with dogs in OR and WA. They have tried the trap ban in OR, but they narrowly lost. They have tried banning baiting, dogs, and trapping for bears in ME, and lost twice now. They attack the western wolf hunts (along with Defenders of Wildlife and some other wolf protectionist orgs), and back groups like Footloose Montana which want to ban trapping on public land in MT.

HSUS current president Wayne Pacelle is a slick lying sack of cat crap. Very good at his sociopathic animal activism. HSUS employs several people who worked with Peta, including some with ALF backgrounds. Pacelle himself worked for Peta at one time too if I recall. HSUS has been called "Peta in a suit and tie". Their whole purpose is animal rights activism, but they dress up fancy to fool people into thinking they are a non radical animal welfare group. To further fool people, they use the guise of animal shelters.

One thing that rubs me wrong are states like WA and AZ that have good gun rights. Where were the gun owners when the trap bans were on the ballot? The animal rights folks are also anti gun ( unless it suits them- sound familiar?). They too make remarks like " shoots animals with a big gun due to little wee-wee" and "why not kill the animal bare handed instead of using a gun?" I see small dick references all the time with anti gun idiots on Facebook. But what shocks me are the gun owners who post about being anti hunting, when a hunting topic comes up on a pro gun page. They are not Peta people or with HSUS or other radical groups, just anti hunting/trapping, most likely due to the very brainwashing and BS put out by the radical groups in the mainstream for YEARS. If the anti hunters had their way, they would need something new to attack, and they would likely team up with the rabid anti gunners. Gun owners, we have a common enemy! Help defend the trappers and hunters, we are gun owners too! There are less and less Fudds every day, but still way too many anti hunting/trapping gun owners! I guess we need to coin a term for them. Something like how "Fudd" means a hunter who disdains handguns and EBR's and would vote to ban them. Gun owners who want to ban trapping and/or hunting are __________.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    One thing that rubs me wrong are states like WA and AZ that have good gun rights. Where were the gun owners when the trap bans were on the ballot?

They are overwhelmed by ignorant urban crowds in places like Phoenix, Seattle, Denver, and Portland (don't forget OR). Classic tyranny of the majority (mob rule).

Excellent post, BTW.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I've known about them for years. The existence of that organization and others like it is one reason why I am a member of and donate to Safari Club International.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    HSUS is a POS and I have know about it since probably 1997 or 1998. I really got educated about them after I started trapping in 2000. They went after trappers pretty hard at one point, getting bans in CA, CO, WA, AZ, and MA. They attacked hunting bears and mt lions with dogs in OR and WA. They have tried the trap ban in OR, but they narrowly lost. They have tried banning baiting, dogs, and trapping for bears in ME, and lost twice now. They attack the western wolf hunts (along with Defenders of Wildlife and some other wolf protectionist orgs), and back groups like Footloose Montana which want to ban trapping on public land in MT.

HSUS current president Wayne Pacelle is a slick lying sack of cat crap. Very good at his sociopathic animal activism. HSUS employs several people who worked with Peta, including some with ALF backgrounds. Pacelle himself worked for Peta at one time too if I recall. HSUS has been called "Peta in a suit and tie". Their whole purpose is animal rights activism, but they dress up fancy to fool people into thinking they are a non radical animal welfare group. To further fool people, they use the guise of animal shelters.

One thing that rubs me wrong are states like WA and AZ that have good gun rights. Where were the gun owners when the trap bans were on the ballot? The animal rights folks are also anti gun ( unless it suits them- sound familiar?). They too make remarks like " shoots animals with a big gun due to little wee-wee" and "why not kill the animal bare handed instead of using a gun?" I see small dick references all the time with anti gun idiots on Facebook. But what shocks me are the gun owners who post about being anti hunting, when a hunting topic comes up on a pro gun page. They are not Peta people or with HSUS or other radical groups, just anti hunting/trapping, most likely due to the very brainwashing and BS put out by the radical groups in the mainstream for YEARS. If the anti hunters had their way, they would need something new to attack, and they would likely team up with the rabid anti gunners. Gun owners, we have a common enemy! Help defend the trappers and hunters, we are gun owners too! There are less and less Fudds every day, but still way too many anti hunting/trapping gun owners! I guess we need to coin a term for them. Something like how "Fudd" means a hunter who disdains handguns and EBR's and would vote to ban them. Gun owners who want to ban trapping and/or hunting are __________.

Very well said deer woman (foxtrapper)sorry. HSUS has been after us for years. For about five years in a row we were in Annapolis at hearing defending our rights as trappers. You would think HSUS would have followers in MD to help them at these hearings, most of the folks that show up to speak on there behave are from out of state. They come with the same lies every year. For the last two years they have been leaving us alone for some reason.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Very well said deer woman (foxtrapper)sorry. HSUS has been after us for years. For about five years in a row we were in Annapolis at hearing defending our rights as trappers. You would think HSUS would have followers in MD to help them at these hearings, most of the folks that show up to speak on there behave are from out of state. They come with the same lies every year. For the last two years they have been leaving us alone for some reason.

You called me deer woman, so I must know you from somewhere. I haven't used that name in many years. Who are you! LOL

Yes, the anti trappers have gone to ground in MD in recent years. Did they give up for a while or are they helping the anti gun idiots out? You think it's safe now to roll out a bill to allow nonresidents to trap beaver and otter, and intro a bill for a bobcat season of some sort? I was told these require legislative action rather than DNR changing them internally.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    You called me deer woman, so I must know you from somewhere. I haven't used that name in many years. Who are you! LOL

Yes, the anti trappers have gone to ground in MD in recent years. Did they give up for a while or are they helping the anti gun idiots out? You think it's safe now to roll out a bill to allow nonresidents to trap beaver and otter, and intro a bill for a bobcat season of some sort? I was told these require legislative action rather than DNR changing them internally.

I know from about ten years ago. I met you up in Freeland I think. I don't remember the occasion. I also knew you from trapperman. My name is Paul.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member

My thoughts exactly.... HSUS did the smart thing, they went after the minority; everybody was like "its only trapping, as long as they aint after us"; guess what... they came after the rest of y'll.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    They are so bad Penn Gillette of Penn and Teller did a lengthy expose on them a few years ago. They have nothing to do with any humane society as most people know them. They twist the name to raise funds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom