• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    AA co

So I'm guessing he's a fan of regular capacity magazines for civilians?

You know what I do not understand, the shooter causing all the harm has not received extensive training, etc., so why wouldn't an armed teacher, admin, coach, etc. be effective against the novice shooter? This isn't like the teacher, admin, coach, etc., would be going up against Navy Seal Team 6.

Plus, better to have an armed teacher in a locked classroom, than an unarmed teacher in a locked classroom, when that door is broken down.

I am pretty pissed off with the Superintendent of Howard County Schools. He said, "More violence is not the answer to violence." Yeah, he can turn the other cheek with his kids' lives, not mine. About the only way to stop violence once it starts, is with greater violence, especially in these circumstances.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    You know what I do not understand, the shooter causing all the harm has not received extensive training, etc., so why wouldn't an armed teacher, admin, coach, etc. be effective against the novice shooter? This isn't like the teacher, admin, coach, etc., would be going up against Navy Seal Team 6.

Plus, better to have an armed teacher in a locked classroom, than an unarmed teacher in a locked classroom, when that door is broken down.

I am pretty pissed off with the Superintendent of Howard County Schools. He said, "More violence is not the answer to violence." Yeah, he can turn the other cheek with his kids' lives, not mine. About the only way to stop violence once it starts, is with greater violence, especially in these circumstances.

Might want to ask the Carthaginians about that...

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    "more violence is not the answer to violence"

WHAT?! When is being a trained person, ready to respond to a threat, violent? I guess the police walk around all violent all the time. You gotta be kidding me!

If an individual wants to be "violent" to my son or wife you beat my response will be swift and appropriate.

When schools become the place "you better not mess with" they will become more safe. Let's think what the best way to do that would be and would be the most cost effective.........wouldn't it be great if there was a way to put a trained individual with the kids at almost all times.........maybe more than one trained individual............even better if they already are familiar with the school and the students........... Shall I go on?

We all know about the sheepdog............TD

hawkhuff

Aug 15, 2012
    Carroll County, MD
    I think this is a really simple issue to solve but as usual the leftard personnel in most school systems will have none of it. One would think oh these people are education majors and educating themselves and being educated is a priority. Well, for the most part that IS NOT the case. I have taught at the college level for more than fifteen years and I can tell you that these so called education majors that fan out to the elementary, middle, and high schools do not think the way a normal person thinks. Most are very left and are graduates of the Rodney King School of Philosophy.

I believe the administrator who said this firmly believes what he says. He believes if you put your hands over your ears and yell lalalalalala, this issue will go away.

If he and many others of their ilk would just take a look around they would see we live in a violent society but they are cloistered living behind their own self imposed mental walls. We have people packing at banks, music venues, sporting events, et al. Why not schools?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Throughout all of this discussion of Arming Teachers, it would seem that the private and faith based schools have not been heard from. Does anyone know if a private of faith based school can arm their teachers without getting some type of permission from a government agency, ie; school board, state police or whoever?

Further, does anyone know of any private or faith based school that has armed security on school grounds? I know there are 8 states that allow the arming of teachers, but I'm curious if this has been an issue for non public schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom