• shrpshtrjoe

Aug 10, 2009
    Cecil Co
    Still in progress :D
    100_0444.jpg

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    I'm a Canon whore myself (I have the 5D). But, you can't go wrong with either Nikon or Canon SLRs. By the looks of your picture you must have a pretty nice light studio. Are you specifically using a flash head or strobes (I have Alien Bees)?

Jhason
    Awesome...I just get ribbed sometimes by Canon guys...I went Nikon because I had Nikon lenses from "those old" film days.:)

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    lookin for some feed back on the stag arms ar model 2t. see one online for 1000. should i build my own or is that a good price for what it comes with? Thanks guys, bear with me i new to the rifle stuff.

Some say you can build a just as 'good' or 'better' gun for that kind of money. Price is all relative. I'd rather buy a good platform that is put together correctly out of the box than try and build it myself.

With that being said - you can't go wrong with a Stag.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Project Varmint Finished

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpg
      IMG_1494.jpg
      106.3 KB · Views: 1,124
    • IMG_1492.jpg
      IMG_1492.jpg
      91.6 KB · Views: 1,172
    • IMG_1495.jpg
      IMG_1495.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 1,237
    • IMG_1493.jpg
      IMG_1493.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 1,090

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    Because they are two independent pieces that can be on two entirely different planes. Plus the handgaurd could twist or move and really foul up the scope. It is considered bad practice.

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    May I ask why?

Jamie

Fair question.

The easiest way to describe the error here is to put it to numbers. If you have the scope mounted to the upper and the handguard - however the handguard is mounted -the handguard could twist under lots of rounds. If it does twist, it could shift the point of aim on the scope as much as an inch at 10 yards - or more.

10 yards = 1 inch
    100 yards = 10 inches
    300 yards = 30 inches

I've seen it happen - pretty much means you don't have a chance of hitting your target. If you need to mount your scope further out over your rifle, there are mounts that will accomplish this - basically, they will push the optic forward while mounting on the solid frame of the upper. Larue, Am. Defense, and a few others have forward mounting rings that are made to alleviate this exact issue.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Speaking of mounting optics not half on the forend and half on the upper receiver:
    I keep looking at pictures of aimpoint T-1s, and I see most people have them on the receiver, but I see some people who have them mostly on the receiver and somewhat on the handguard rails. I'm assuming it's wrong to have it half-on like that. Comments?

Receiver mounted:
    pics032.jpg

image.php

75% Receiver mounted:
    24.jpg

A3_06.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member