• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Anyone know of a local shop that carries the Emerson Wave? I want one to replace my stainless steel Kershaw Zing.

As a city resident I’ve felt the Zing isn’t that big of a deal. Yeah, illegal, but if a cop sees it he’s going to keep it and add it to his collection before he makes the fuss and have all the paperwork for a little knife. I have a very different attitude about being cavalier about a handgun.

Edgeworks is the only place I can think of that might have some. A few companies license the Wave from Emerson, ZT, Kershaw, and Spyderco are the big ones. I own and carry a couple Emersons, they work well as defensive tools, but have serious drawbacks for any other uses, VERY thick edges and low grinds, mediocre fit/finish, mediocre steel, lots of friction in the pivot. The ZT Emersons are probably the best, basically Emerson's overall design, but FAR better fit/finish, grinds and materials, but most are discontinued. The Kershaw Emersons are the least expensive, but tend to be small, and aren't the same quality as the better makes. Spyderco's Emerson models are probably the best for the money, more useable, FAR better for EDC, good quality for the money, hard to beat a waved Endura for $80.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Edgeworks is the only place I can think of that might have some. A few companies license the Wave from Emerson, ZT, Kershaw, and Spyderco are the big ones. I own and carry a couple Emersons, they work well as defensive tools, but have serious drawbacks for any other uses, VERY thick edges and low grinds, mediocre fit/finish, mediocre steel, lots of friction in the pivot. The ZT Emersons are probably the best, basically Emerson's overall design, but FAR better fit/finish, grinds and materials, but most are discontinued. The Kershaw Emersons are the least expensive, but tend to be small, and aren't the same quality as the better makes. Spyderco's Emerson models are probably the best for the money, more useable, FAR better for EDC, good quality for the money, hard to beat a waved Endura for $80.

Nice info. I like all the choices, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom