• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Several years ago there was a "10 Toughest Sheriffs in the US" list compiled by a news organization. It may have been Yahoo (if you consider than a news organization) but I'm not sure. Regardless...Joe Arpaio was listed as #1 and Chuck Jenkins was #2.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I like Jenkins, he has spoken at my gun club and attends most local events. Very approachable and easy to talk to.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I like Jenkins, he has spoken at my gun club and attends most local events. Very approachable and easy to talk to.

I ran into him at work a long time ago and he was easy to talk to and quite humble for a man in his position. I like him for his stance on quite a few things, not to mention that he went to Annapolis and spoke out against FSA2013, while it was in the MGA. IIRC, he also told MD and MSP that he would not spend a single penny out of his budget to enforce FSA2013 in any way.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Thats a good article and makes me want to vote for Jenkins even more now.

I’ve always liked him, but it was his actions at the G8 protests that made me a fan. He’s a lead from the front type of guy for sure.

Attachments

• 910691E3-DEE9-4D6E-83F4-74EDC0707492.jpg
      910691E3-DEE9-4D6E-83F4-74EDC0707492.jpg
      60 KB · Views: 382
    • CD6E5A1F-ADB6-4209-855C-6A1DC71E185D.jpg
      CD6E5A1F-ADB6-4209-855C-6A1DC71E185D.jpg
      56.9 KB · Views: 386

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I ran into him at work a long time ago and he was easy to talk to and quite humble for a man in his position.
    Easy to talk to for sure.
    I run into Chuck all the time. After talking with him a few times, he goes out of his way to talk to me. Just a regular guy. He’s definitely got my vote.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Easy to talk to for sure.
    I run into Chuck all the time. After talking with him a few times, he goes out of his way to talk to me. Just a regular guy. He’s definitely got my vote.

Back in 2013 was when I ran into him at work. I did thank him for taking the time to go to Annapolis and speak against FSA2013 on behalf of my family, friends, myself and all the other little people that the MGA conveniently likes to ignore. His response to me was that he is still one of the little people too, but he is happy that he is able to give all of us a voice.

Given the path that FredCo is on, in regards to bucking the sanctuary state thing, in addition to being pro-2A, I'm happy to be able to speak up for him in a positive light.

He is one of the few elected officials that I have seen, that is willing to talk with residents and hear them out with their concerns.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Only amplifying what others have said above. Everytime that I've encountered and interacted with Sheriff Jenkins (or observed him interacting with others in public), he's done it with humility and professionalism. My favorite locally elected public servant.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    We met him during the FSA2013 hearings. Seems like a down to earth guy. The only LE leader there who socialized with people.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Only amplifying what others have said above. Everytime that I've encountered and interacted with Sheriff Jenkins (or observed him interacting with others in public), he's done it with humility and professionalism. My favorite locally elected public servant.

Just wait till you are one on one with him. He is like the guy you live next door to.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm pretty sure Chuck Jenkins nailed this one, even with the early voting and absentee ballots that have yet to be counted.

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/continuing_coverage/election_2018/county/sheriff/
    Thank goodness.

Folden (R) lost his House of Delegates seat to Kerr (D), though. Folden was the one that the state Democratic Party was attacking for voting against Hogan, listing positions that Hogan took (on gun control, for example) that Folden opposed.

Young re-elected again too. Not sure what the latest margin is.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thank goodness.

Folden (R) lost his House of Delegates seat to Kerr (D), though. Folden was the one that the state Democratic Party was attacking for voting against Hogan, listing positions that Hogan took (on gun control, for example) that Folden opposed.

Young re-elected again too. Not sure what the latest margin is.

House 3A
    https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/continuing_coverage/election_2018/statehouse/house3a/

House 3B
    https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/continuing_coverage/election_2018/statehouse/house3b/

House 4
    https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/continuing_coverage/election_2018/statehouse/house4/

Senate 3
    https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/continuing_coverage/election_2018/statehouse/senate3/

Senate 4
    https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/continuing_coverage/election_2018/statehouse/senate4/

I am honestly not surprised with MD, and the people elected to office. FredCo is going blue...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks, buddy. The guy running against Ron Young didn't hustle. Despite being an old guy, Young went door to door to campaign. Craig Giangrande sent a postcard, addressed to my ineligible to vote 16-yr old son, that he was sorry to have missed him in his door to door campaigning. Lol, we have Ring doorbell. He never visited. He still got our vote, but Young crushed him with both retail politicking and a massive direct mail campaign.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks, buddy. The guy running against Ron Young didn't hustle. Despite being an old guy, Young went door to door to campaign. Craig Giangrande sent a postcard, addressed to my ineligible to vote 16-yr old son, that he was sorry to have missed him in his door to door campaigning. Lol, we have Ring doorbell. He never visited. He still got our vote, but Young crushed him with both retail politicking and a massive direct mail campaign.

Craig showed up at my place riding a bicycle wanting my support. Not fun being woken up to the doorbell ringing a few times in a row, while sleeping. I'm thinking of putting up a sign on the house that says No Soliciting and tell the HOA to pound sand if they complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom