Which sling for a Colombian refurb'd Mauser?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    A couple years ago one of my friends gave me one of the Columbian R.FAMAGE refurb mausers rechambered in 30-06 with a sporterized stock. What I understand is these were rechambered in the early 50's (mine is stamped 1952) and eventually resold in the US @ 1960 for $25 with a shellac coated sporterized stock.

Other than the arsenal markings, everything is scrubbed so I don't know any prior history on the rifle. Shortly after getting it I picked up a complete generic stock off eBay for $35. The receiver was pitted bad at the wood and stock metal was rusted bad as well. I eventually used the electrolysis process to remove the rust and did a cold blue over the blackened parts followed by heavy oil.

DSC01977_zpsd08f891b.jpg

DSC01978_zps7ac2de71.jpg

DSC01975_zpse9d05059.jpg

DSC01976_zps8fd5751d.jpg

It's a decent shooter so I'd like to finish it out something like it would have looked like when issued to some poor Columbian private in the '50's.

So, I'm trying to figure out which sling it should have and any other bits like the cleaning rod...

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    In most of those central and south American countries, the troop used just about anything at his avail that would vaguely resemble a sling such as any old piece of leather or other material that would serve the purpose. Don't know of an official Columbian sling for those guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom