• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Was there on Saturday looking for a 4 inch nickel .357. Just dreaming I guess. But there was one guy there who was hawking my latest collection....black powder revolvers. He had a pair of twin Pietta revolvers, and a couple of holsters, but I had to do some research before making a buy. Unfortunately I never made it back on Sunday (too much life going on), and I did not get a card or a name of the seller. Did anyone catch the name of the vendor near the back on the right, that was selling black powder revolvers??

Any help is appreciated.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I went up Saturday morning and bought a Sig 229 from Lou for $479.00 then took my son up today to purchase a .40 Glock 22 with night sights for $439.00. This was my sons first purchase so him sitting down in front of Lou while he was doing 3 sets of paperwork at a time was interesting. lol

P.s Thanks Paul and Mopar For your help.

Yep, that's all I did this weekend for a total of 16 hours (9 on Saturday and 7 on Sunday), continually runnin' 3 sets of paperwork. It has been a looooooooong and exhausting weekend weekend for me. How did I get two "weekend"s back to back in the last sentence??? I guess my keyboard stuttered. Was really surprised at myself that I managed to keep a pretty level head throughout it all; that heavy load of paperwork can really get to ya' after awhile. We had six handgun display cases just about packed to the gills at opening time Saturday and only about two display cases worth of handguns left in them at the end of the day Sunday with a partial replenishment Sunday morning, not to mention all the regulated and non-regulated long guns sold. Shooters Discount processed paperwork on about 200 guns in 2 days, 95% being done by Louie alone. Now if we could get MSP to work like that.:rolleyes:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Shooters Discount processed paperwork on about 200 guns in 2 days, 95% being done by Louie alone.

Doin' your best to live up to that quote in your sig, huh? :D

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies."

:thumbsup:

Congrats on all the business. Saw you there Sunday around noon, but I don't think I ever saw you raise your head from looking down at all the paper. Said hi to Mopar, :wave: and even he looked exhausted.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I was there Sunday afternoon with my son and the crowd had died. It was actually a nice time to browse. I did not have a table this time, but still managed to sell 3 of my antique firearms and make some money.

Jan 18, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Details? Just curious, if you decided to get one handgun, what you went with.

:popcorn:
    First I want to say thanks again to Blue Fin's for a great deal.

Gonna catch some hell for this, but I bought a Hi-point 9mm. I don't care if the gun is ugly...All I care about is I pull the trigger and a bullet comes flying out of the barrel, and that it fits good in my hand. Both of those boxes have been checked and that is what matters to me.

Like I said...I have rifles, but never owned a handgun, and I just wanted something, so I could avoid the Oct 1st BS.

I was going to go with a .22, but 9mm ammo seems to be easier to find than .22lr now, and I don't want to blow through the rest of my .22 if I can't replace it.

Don't worry over catching crap for the Hi-Point. I have a few Hi-Points myself. It's not that I'm cheap, but I don't abuse my other toys as much because I have these inexpensive led throwers to play with. Plus, I like the fact that after 2 years I have only had 2-3 misfires, and one of those was strictly ammo related. Let them laugh, but these guns see more playtime outside the safe than my Rugers, Smiths, Springfields or glocks.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom