Attachments

• DSC_3513.jpg
      DSC_3513.jpg
      72.3 KB · Views: 824

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    How solid are these? When they first came about I was interested but wanted to wait and see if they are a solid platform. Please due tell if you have any info

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    How solid are these? When they first came about I was interested but wanted to wait and see if they are a solid platform. Please due tell if you have any info

They solid but require a firm rewards stroke when you're moving the forearm to the rear. You cannot short stroke it or the gun will jam. I would be very hesitant as well to stagger loads from one mag tube to another, i.e. less than lethal in one tube and real-deal in the other. I believe unless you really practice that it could backfire. The only reason I bring that up is Kel-Tec uses that as a sales point.

However, you cannot get an 18" barrel shotgun in that compact of a package with that sort of capacity anywhere else. Maybe the UTS-15, however its not ambi and its reviews are checkered.

gc27

Aug 5, 2014
    Calvert County
    From what Ive heard and read, they are relatively hit or miss. Some are good and some are meh. Id say to definitely avoid early models as the feeding system was prone to malfunction. If you have the money, go for it...if not, then nothing lost.

async

May 5, 2013
    However, you cannot get an 18" barrel shotgun in that compact of a package with that sort of capacity anywhere else. Maybe the UTS-15, however its not ambi and its reviews are checkered.

Thing is, with the UTS-15 you can select to automatically alternate between the two tubes effectively making it a 14 round magazine which, if I understand correctly, is now illegal in the peoples republic of Maryland. I could be wrong though, maybe that only applies to removable magazines.

With the KSG, you have to manually switch from one tube to the other making it much easier to say "it has two 7 round mags".

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Thing is, with the UTS-15 you can select to automatically alternate between the two tubes effectively making it a 14 round magazine which, if I understand correctly, is now illegal in the peoples republic of Maryland. I could be wrong though, maybe that only applies to removable magazines.

With the KSG, you have to manually switch from one tube to the other making it much easier to say "it has two 7 round mags".

Neither are rifles or handguns, so fixed mag tests don't apply. No way they're detachable mags either, so totally legal.

HazyDayz

Jul 17, 2014
    Washington County
    Neither are rifles or handguns, so fixed mag tests don't apply. No way they're detachable mags either, so totally legal.
    I was actually just wondering about this the other day. Good to know.

C210INF

May 25, 2013
    Maryland
    I have one that I bought from Engage awhile ago. They are a blast! Get some mini shells and you can get 11 shells in each tube with 1 in the chamber. 23 mini shell slugs is pretty good fun imho.

Also you'll need to get BUIS or optics for the KSG.

SKFs0ct.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom