• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    If you testify please consider testifying as a top National Coordinating Director of “Patriots Demand Action

Click below for more titles! (Every single title is available, or better yet, combine them!)

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=242329

:mdpatriot

Attachments

• F5A88C33-F2A6-4F30-BF0C-603432AE32F5.jpg
      F5A88C33-F2A6-4F30-BF0C-603432AE32F5.jpg
      114.6 KB · Views: 515

ziptiespec

I'm on my way. Sitting in traffic. I also have to leave early so I may even miss the testimony against the storage bill. I signed up in support of another bill just so that I may get a chance to speak at all.

Last year the unifying message was "We will not comply".

I'd like to see this year's unifying message be

Bring back gun bill day

Just throw it out at the end of your testimony. More on this idea later!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We are sitting outside Senate, which started at 12. Four more bills ahead of ours. I'm not sure if we'll make it, or head over to House first.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm on my way. Sitting in traffic. I also have to leave early so I may even miss the testimony against the storage bill. I signed up in support of another bill just so that I may get a chance to speak at all.

Last year the unifying message was "We will not comply".

I'd like to see this year's unifying message be

Bring back gun bill day

Just throw it out at the end of your testimony. More on this idea later!

I heard the moms wanted to go back to gun bill day. It would probably carry more weight if they called for it.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Hearing is live now. Sorry, hearing began at 12 Noon.

SB506 has not been heard yet (bill status: “pending”) as of 2:28 PM today, Wednesday 2/19.

Click here to watch the livestream:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Committees/Media/true?cmte=jpr

Click here for the pro-2A bill SB506: Firearms - Handgun Permit - Preliminary Approval

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/SB0506

Bill synopsis:

“Authorizing a person to apply for preliminary approval of a handgun permit to wear, carry, or transport a handgun without completing a certified firearms training course; requiring the Secretary of State Police to investigate an application for a handgun permit; requiring the Secretary to issue preliminary approval if the applicant meets certain requirements except the certified firearms training course; requiring an applicant to satisfy the firearms training requirement within 120 days after receipt of preliminary approval; etc.”

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    The Maryland General Assembly launched a new website design this year.

There is more bill information on the livestream page for the Committee hearings.

The status of each bill scheduled to be heard in that hearing appears in a scrolling column on the right side of the livestream page.

Bills not yet heard (“pending”) are listed with a DARK GRAY background.

The bill currently being heard (“Current”) is highlighted in a YELLOW background.

Bills that have been heard (“Completed”) are highlighted with a LIGHT GRAY background.

Screen shot of today’s livestream page showing the three different background colors is the first pic below.

To make the livestream larger (full screen) click on the four outward pointing arrows, marked here in the picture.

If the full size livestream page is divided into two smaller video screens (second pic below), tap on the video screen you want to enlarge and that will be zoomed out to one large screen in the full screen mode (as in the third pic below):

Attachments

• 4367F477-EEE3-42B5-A9EA-115A3779BE7E.jpg
      4367F477-EEE3-42B5-A9EA-115A3779BE7E.jpg
      68.8 KB · Views: 364
    • 672D6DC1-AD04-4916-AED5-88A85BCF627F.jpg
      672D6DC1-AD04-4916-AED5-88A85BCF627F.jpg
      32.3 KB · Views: 345
    • B83A8A76-E77F-4EE7-993B-AA9F7C8882B4.jpg
      B83A8A76-E77F-4EE7-993B-AA9F7C8882B4.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 346

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    SB506 is now up beginning at 3:15 PM; SB506 hearing concluded at 3:17 PM.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Committees/Media/true?cmte=jpr

The bill:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/SB0506

Bill sponsor Senator Hough presented his bill; noted the bill has previously been voted out as “favorable” from JPR in past years, and has bipartisan support again this session.

SB506 hearing concluded after knovotny Of MDS testified in favor of the bill; other witnesses, including Art3, were testifying in the House.

Many thanks to courageous Katie and Art for their unyielding service to the entire MD pro-2A community by appearing so often on our behalf.

Katie and Art are the living embodiment of the historic “Maryland 400.”

Attachments

• 3CC4BF7E-64FD-4A72-AF56-35E6A013CCFA.jpg
      3CC4BF7E-64FD-4A72-AF56-35E6A013CCFA.jpg
      75.6 KB · Views: 298
    Last edited:

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Hats off to the Novotny's and Mr. Penank. (sorry if I misspelled your name). You all did great.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Hats off to the Novotny's and Mr. Penank. (sorry if I misspelled your name). You all did great.

Thank you all for taking the time, energy & vacation days & going down to that gerrymandered lunatic asylum to testify & participate. :party29: I can't do it for various reasons: two of which are my mouth & attitude. I spent over 35 years dealing with ******* lawyers, advocates & know-it-alls, including politicians. :tdown: The muzzle got loosened when I retired from the State. Indeed, my son has cautioned me on some of my vitriolic posts here & on Facebook ( sometimes people think he's the one posting). :sad20:

Nonetheless, I'm so Proud to have TWO fantastic advocates in the family. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom