• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Buddy of mine invited me for my first Quail hunt last Friday. Good time had by both. Little buggers are fast into the air. Amazing the way the dogs find them and even when they are 2ft in front of them, they are hard as hell to see. If in the thick grass even harder. No way we would have found any of them without a dog. Scheduled to go back in March again, bringing my 20 year old with us. One must have had squirrel blood in it cause I hit it twice and it still managed to get to the ground and try to run off. Both wings were toast. Started to get stingy with taking a quick shot letting off multiple shots per bird. Should have carried 2 full boxes with me. Won't happen next time but I'll be bringing my single shot Webley with me and let my son shoot the semi auto. I'll definitely do this at least 3 times next year. 2 weeks ago, I went out with my dad to launch the foot operated clay thrower at the trap field. That helped alot along with patterning the shotgun to learn I needed to raise the comb a bit. Took my son out to do the same thing at lunchtime today, He could use one more trip but he was pretty good about getting off 2 shots per clay.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I got about 15 a couple weeks ago and we took them out over the weekend to a Christmas tree farm. My neighbor brought his German short hair. He found every bird we put out, and we brought them all home. Ate them last night....very good, and a great time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom