• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Think this rain is bad? My grandfather had some stories from peleliu...count your blessings nobody was hunting YOU
    Do share; I have no idea what peleliu is.

I'm hoping to get out for my 3rd attempt on Friday but am somewhat reluctant to get dumped on for another 12 hours only to see not a damned thing but squirrels and hawks. I practiced up again on my brother's Rinehart broadhead target and can pin that thing at 50 yards easily even though I'll keep stationary animal shots to 40 yards or less...I just need to see an animal(and then be able to find it). It would be great to get my first deer at 41 and put some meat in the freezer but it would've been even better to be trying to do so at 14. I'm kinda feeling like THAT guy at the skatepark in full protective gear trying not to break a hip dropping in for the first time.

Sep 22, 2011
    Tommorow is shaping up to look like a good day 15 degrees temp. drop from the day before an suppose to be overcast with min. wind. Cant wait to get in the woods Saturday! Good Luck to all yall! Knockem down!

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    another doe down yesterday afternoon

Attachments

• 2011-09-29_18-36-18_622.jpg
      2011-09-29_18-36-18_622.jpg
      88.5 KB · Views: 281

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Do share; I have no idea what peleliu is.

I'm hoping to get out for my 3rd attempt on Friday but am somewhat reluctant to get dumped on for another 12 hours only to see not a damned thing but squirrels and hawks. I practiced up again on my brother's Rinehart broadhead target and can pin that thing at 50 yards easily even though I'll keep stationary animal shots to 40 yards or less...I just need to see an animal(and then be able to find it). It would be great to get my first deer at 41 and put some meat in the freezer but it would've been even better to be trying to do so at 14. I'm kinda feeling like THAT guy at the skatepark in full protective gear trying not to break a hip dropping in for the first time.

I got my first deer last year at 40. It was a smaller doe but it has made awesome eating. I got it with my single shot shotgun on the run. Made a perfect shot. Hoping to get one with a bow this year. Going out tomorrow. Hope you get one, it is a great feeling.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I got my first deer last year at 40. It was a smaller doe but it has made awesome eating. I got it with my single shot shotgun on the run. Made a perfect shot. Hoping to get one with a bow this year. Going out tomorrow. Hope you get one, it is a great feeling.

Good luck to you, sir!

I was out yesterday for 10 hours and saw not a one. The weather was beautiful though gusty and as I packed up in the evening to leave, I saw another fellow who was directly opposite of me on the other side of the field right next to the game trail I was covering start to pack up to go, also. I never knew he was there and no wonder I didn't see a thing! The path from the bedding cover into the field had this chap standing right next to it with the wind blowing through him into the bedding area. Oh well...better luck next time, I suppose.

Hope you all are able to get one as I'm shocked to go from seeing so many the first two days of the season to seeing none the last two times out.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I went out Monday. 80 degrees and despite taking things slow, I sweated like a pig in a sauna. The only thing I saw was a lot of blood thirsty mosquitoes which I tried to swat away and ended up knocking my glasses off my face as I was nearly all the way up the tree. I had to climb back down and retrieve them. The thermocell finally chased the mosquitoes away once I got settled in the stand. After about 3 hours of sitting, I didn't see or hear anything. I'm very much looking forward to cooler weather. I'm now 0 for 2 days of effort.

Update: I got a severe case of Poison Ivy and I'm now on Prednisone.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Shot a good sized doe last night. Butchered and grinded last night. She is currently in the smoker turning into delicious bologna and summer sausage. Passed on a spike buck, hoping something bigger will show up later this week.

tanglebones

Jan 3, 2009
    Got out Saturday, got setup in my stand and saw nothing. The morning weather was nice and cool. Then it turned to rain. I left with nothin! Maybe next time.....

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    i saw one sat afternoon about 100yds away...only thing i saw...went sunday afternoon...saw lots of sign and a new scrape but the wind had them bedded i guess or not where I was!

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Been out several times and have had deer in range, but small bucks so no shots. Hope to hunt MZL this week down the shore. Hope the cold weather expected makes it here. Could be a good weekend. Wish you all a lot of luck!

Vic

nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    Sunday am. Saw 8 before 9:30; Took a shot at a nice doe at 30 yds but I was SO nervous I forgot to use my peep and shot well left. Got down early to confirm the clean arrow and put up another stand for next week.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Saw 10 deer today including a decent buck. None of the does came in range though(50-60 yards) since im looking for my second doe so i can shoot another buck during bow season. The buck is a LOT smaller then my monster on opening day so hes gonna get a pass anyways.

I did get 631 pictures of deer between saturday and tonight on my trail camera. About 15 different does and 6 bucks(few spikes and basket racks) along with the one nice buck and a couple button bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom