RED FLAG Demo @ HOGAN's House! This Sat. 2pm!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm all about the NAME TAG.

It also jams the FLIR scopes that the Enemy has trained on us.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Just sent another email to Gov. Hogan, contents below:

Gov. Hogan,

As the elected Governor of Maryland, and having sworn Maryland’s Oath of Office*, it is your responsibility to VETO HB 1302. Among the many issues with this proposed bill it violates a citizen’s civil rights to due process. Certainly legislators and concerned citizens can work together with existing law, and perhaps properly crafted new law, to ensure the safety of all citizens.

No responsible citizen wishes children or any others to be in harm’s way. Yet the 2018 MGA has, more than once, refused to provide funding that you, among others, have asked for to address school safety. Now the “knee jerk solution” is to ram an abomination of a bill down Marylander’s throats. This is the very definition of tyranny.

Additionally this bill creates a class of citizens who must limit their First Amendment Rights in an attempt to avoid being victimized by others who might not agree with their views. The quote below is from the Constitution of Maryland, section 9 and shows why you must VETO this bill.

*“I, _______________, do swear, (or affirm, as the case may be,) that I will support the Constitution of the United States; and that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the State of Maryland, and support the Constitution and Laws thereof; and that I will, to the best of my skill and judgment, diligently and faithfully, without partiality or prejudice, execute the office of________________, according to the Constitution and Laws of this State,”

Respectfully,

Fred xxx
    Maryland citizen AND voter.

Fred55

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    I'm in... with my name tag! Derek's_wife is busy having her birthday brunch with friends. I'll show up around 13:30.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I'm currently planning on being there - may not make it until 2pm, we shall see.

I guess this thread is why there haven't been any posts in the April 14th rally thread in a couple of days? I just saw this thread this morning.

-John

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Press notifications are going out and we expect good media traction because it is a Saturday (a slow news day) and this RED FLAG bill is a pretty hot topic.

Patriot Picket Co-leader Stoveman is handling all Rally/PP media interviews for the day. If you are approached by the media for a comment, please direct them over to Paul so we can get our side's most effective responses into the news cycle on a VERY complex and tricky subject. Thank you for your attention to this!

There will be FOUR opportunities for the media to cover us:

(1) We will leave promptly from Lawyer's Mall with signs and flags at 11:30am to march down Main Street to Mission BBQ for lunch in their reserved upper dining area. Be aware the media can have long lenses to capture us long before you see them, so look sharp, don't bump pedestrians with our signs, and keep flags off the ground. We expect to wrap up lunch and conversation by 1pm.

(2) We will then gather on the sidewalk next to the Market House at City Dock at 1pm for 30 minutes for media camera coverage and to give the public a chance to snap pictures that can make their way to social media. We expect questions from the public, as in, "What is this all about?", and this is our chance to talk one-on-one with the folks who probably don't know much detail about the RED FLAG bill. Take your time explaining the RED FLAG problems because you are not on a "soundbite" posture when talking to curious passersby. Again, if credentialed media are there, please refer them to Stoveman.

(3) We will stage our return march, with signs and flags, to the Statehouse from 1:30-1:50pm. We expect new media will latch onto this return march because it is an opportunity to get March-&-Rally coverage in a shorter timeframe, so again look sharp, and manage our signs and flags well.

(4) At 2pm we will rally under Gov. Hogan's window with our signs, flags and a great list of speakers. We will keep the Rally short & sweet--meaning less than an hour to maximize the number of speakers who can get TV and newspaper coverage.

Again, beautiful weather expected on this very important day. Unlike the risk of abuse/assaults we faced in downtown DC at the anti-gun March For Our Lives last month, this can be a great outing with your wife and kids for all or any part of the day, as we don't expect any heated opposition as we do this.

Again, plan on finding parking at the Calvert Garage (Bladen & Calvert) at 11:15 to stay on our March schedule.

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I will be posting up a list of speakers shortly, but our keynoter will be Mr. Parched Tree Of Liberty himself: former MGA Delegate Mike Smigiel, and he is rarin' to go about this unlawful RED FLAG bill.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    His speech will be EPIC !!!

I will be posting up a list of speakers shortly, but our keynoter will be Mr. Parched Tree Of Liberty himself: former MGA Delegate Mike Smigiel, and he is rarin' to go about this unlawful RED FLAG bill.

If you haven't been following his Facebook page, give it a look.

I'm actually wearing the t-shirt as I post this reply. Coinky-dink, I don't think so ...

Attachments

• Smigiel stuff.jpg
      Smigiel stuff.jpg
      69 KB · Views: 304

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Could you use a volunteer to stand fast at the usual spot and hold down the fort from 11:30 until the main PP returns?

Deep Lurker will be at Lawyer's Mall doing overwatch over Rally equipment and such.

We can use all the March participants we can get, unless you would rather stay put at Lawyer's Mall because of mobility concerns you have.

Thanks for joining in!

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I have others that are coming down to join in the "2A and make faces at the Governor's Mansion" rally and they won't be there until noon. I figured if I stayed at the base they wouldn't have a problem finding me.
    If I find out they're not coming I'll join in "Rolling PP".
    Thanks.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Or if they can get there earlier - are they welcome to march along? I don't want to presume. They have not been at any PP events previously. But solid 2A people.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Or if they can get there earlier - are they welcome to march along? I don't want to presume. They have not been at any PP events previously. But solid 2A people.

Anyone and everyone who is tired of Maryland infringements is absolutely welcome on the March and at the Rally.

They don't have to carry a sign, flag or banner if they don't wish to. We don't expect any pushback tomorrow, just stares, then maybe questions.

Folks joining the March are a huge help toward making the procession have as big an impact as possible!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    At the 2pm Rally, here's the line-up:

General Announcements
    Opening Prayer: Joel McCracken
    The Pledge of Allegiance
    The National Anthem
    Jeff Hulbert (Rack&Roll) - The Patriot Picket
    Mike Smigiel - Lawyer, 2A Activist and former MD Delegate
    Jorge Solis
    Dan Blasberg (dblas) -former President, Maryland Shall Issue
    Christine Chase
    A Letter From April Rose
    A Conference Call w/ Rio Heitt
    Closing Announcements

Our hope is to be completed in an hour or less, to maximize the chance for each speaker to be covered by the press.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom