• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    'Goods, Not Guns': D.C. Businesses Urged To Say 'No' To Concealed Handguns
    http://wamu.org/news/15/06/01/new_campaign_wants_dc_businesses_to_say_no_to_concealed_handguns
    In what could be the first visible sign of how the District is adapting to an era of looser gun laws, two D.C. residents are kicking off a campaign on Tuesday to encourage local businesses to post signs prohibiting patrons from entering with concealed handguns.

The "Goods, Not Guns" campaign is the brainchild of Dari and Aliza Yudkoff, a pair of attorneys — and sisters — who say they became increasingly concerned over the last year as D.C. was forced by a federal judge's ruling to abandon a decades-old ban on carrying handguns outside the home and instead create a means for residents and non-residents alike to apply for concealed carry permits.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Interesting that stores are advertising that they'd like to be robbed.

Their right to do so.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Interesting that stores are advertising that they'd like to be robbed.

Their right to do so.

They would be moronic. Establishment robberies (stores) are going nuts right now. We have had 3 store robberies in two weeks where they are taking a bunch of OXY.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    My favorite quote from the article:

'Hey, we don’t want guns in your stores, we’d rather shop here and know that there’s not the danger of a firearm around.'

In DC. LOL! :lol2:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    They would be moronic. Establishment robberies (stores) are going nuts right now. We have had 3 store robberies in two weeks where they are taking a bunch of OXY.

Imagine the flack if someone like yourself told them how bad of an idea the signs are for that reason alone...

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I am taking the law course part of DC Permit requirement and was sent the list of places the DC Gov supplied in which you cannot carry. Essentially, any private residence (unless the owner specifically tells you its ok), any DC Govt building, Federal buildings, the Mall and memorial areas, all public transport ie Metro, buses, and any private business that posts against carry, demonstrations or within 1000 feet of any dignitary as they move through the city and finally anywhere the police chief decides is off limits.:crazy:
    View attachment Prohibted Places Rules DC.docx

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's heavily discriminatory, no doubt. They're going to make anything/everything as difficult for carriers as possible. It'll catch up to them...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Imagine the flack if someone like yourself told them how bad of an idea the signs are for that reason alone...

I wouldn't get any Flack. I've told plenty of people how to legally obtain a gun for self-defense but it wouldn't matter. I don't actually know many business owners. I know all their foreign employees (you really should hear the employees stories ITS CRAZY!!!!) but none of the business owners.

It's not like it was in the 70's-80's where the owners worked at the stores. The only local business owner I actually know it 740 Kenilworth (a knock off 7-11).

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    I'm not sure how a ban on carrying on public transport can fly. It's not like its a restricted or sensitive place like court buildings or somewhere that already has armed security.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I'm not sure how a ban on carrying on public transport can fly. It's not like its a restricted or sensitive place like court buildings or somewhere that already has armed security.

I was wondering about that as well. Its legal in VA to ride the Metro while CCW but if you ride into DC your breaking the rules.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO

Sounds like the next SAF case in the making . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Sounds like the next SAF case in the making . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is because they were previously following D.C. laws and probably are awaiting a final 100% decision before they effect policy allowing/disallowing it.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I'll laugh when they sell all their stickers for $30 each (real price stated in article) and then find out that they don't meet the legal requirement. Libtards and moronic lawyers, all in one place........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom