• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Emily just posted on Facebook that after what you see in the video, MPD told her there is a new policy and she can no longer video inside MPD buildings.

2A & 1A in one bundle. Fox's legal dept is probably already on this. :)

Don't they believe congress will eventually pull the rug out from under home rule???

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    This ought to be interesting. Now she has her own rule at MPD.

DC continues to act contrary to the courts & keep its collective head up its ass.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    I'm sorry. Saw Emily on a one on one with an anti. She needs to up her game a bit. I appreciate her pro gun stance but needs to be more Charleton Heston-ish

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Emily's piece was just on FNC on Fox and Friends. Now DC can be embarrassed nationally instead of just locally.

"The 2A was for when the British were coming".

I hope Sculin sees this. Hopefully Gura will enlighten him on the 20th.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Saw it as well and can't stop laughing at the DC police official who thinks the 2A was for the British. The ineptness is so rampant it really is time to hand the reigns back to people that even know what the Constitution and Bill of Rights are. In my book Emily is great - she's an advocate, intelligent, has a funny way of expressing her incredulity, and is really easy on the eyes. :thumbsup:

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Despite what I think about the ridiculous registration requirements, most of the people in the MPD Reg Office have been very respectful and have had a good focus on customer service every time I've gone in to register a new gun; calling me personally to let me know the reg card is ready, etc.,,, but this is absurd.

The last time I was in there, I overheard what I believe is the same officer telling an older black woman woman asking about what's going on with CCWs all sorts of nonsense about how there is going to be a rash of criminals attacking people with CCWs to steal their handguns. She asked "how will they know I have a gun," and he went into the long monologue about how people carrying walk differently and just like "cops can always tell who has a gun, the bad guys can too." So many leaps in non-logic. Scary stuff.

What is really frightening is that cops that don't even have a basic grasp on the 2A, probably don't have a grasp on the rest of the Bill of Rights either, leave alone RAS, PC, etc.. Ta-Da!

http://dcist.com/2014/09/dc_police_officer_filming_arrest.php

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    This was just aired on FBN, Stewart had Judge Napolatano explain & then tear apart DC's & the rest of government's logics.

Cyndi59

My question is,is it illegal to wear a empty holster in Washington D.C. ..??I got conflicting answers from those who believe the British are coming (I'm already here..) and a few MPD who said it was fine as long as my side arm was not inside it.I could not find anything on empty holsters worn.BTW,Wapo said it issued 31 permits and of those 18 to non-res..is it me..??or was it D.C. had no instructors or was it you could have a NRA/D.C. certified instructor..??

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    My question is,is it illegal to wear a empty holster in Washington D.C. ..??I got conflicting answers from those who believe the British are coming (I'm already here..) and a few MPD who said it was fine as long as my side arm was not inside it.

Seeing that an empty shell casing is illegal in LaLaLand, I'd be hesitant to wear an empty holster there.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My question is,is it illegal to wear a empty holster in Washington D.C. ..??I got conflicting answers from those who believe the British are coming (I'm already here..) and a few MPD who said it was fine as long as my side arm was not inside it.I could not find anything on empty holsters worn.BTW,Wapo said it issued 31 permits and of those 18 to non-res..is it me..??or was it D.C. had no instructors or was it you could have a NRA/D.C. certified instructor..??

There are no instructors

You need to find us a link to ANY story about permits issued, I come up blank

Cyndi59

I had read recently and it was either the post or examiner that 30 plus ccw permits was issued and of those 18 belong to non-residents..I did or was able to come up with the following and still looking for the article..
    Thursday, Oct 23, 2014 • Updated at 6:11 PM EST

D.C. Police say three applications for concealed carry permits were submitted Thursday

The D.C. Council changed the concealed handgun carry law last month after a judge ruled that the District's previous ban on guns outside the home was unconstitutional.

Residents and visitors who want to carry a concealed handgun will have to show a specific reason that they need one. People who have received death threats or have been the victims of domestic violence are among those who could be granted permits.

Those seeking the concealed-carry permit would also have to complete a more extensive safety course than what's required for gun owners. Non-residents would also be able to get licenses if they meet the same standards.

The new law will not allow for the open carry of handguns and restricts where and when permit holders will be allowed to carry handguns with limits near government buildings, presidential motorcades, as well as near foreign dignitaries.

The immediate impact on the prosecution of people charged with carrying a pistol without a license remains unclear.

After a federal judge struck down the district's complete ban on issuing carry permits, the U.S. attorney stopped prosecuting those charged with carrying a handgun without a permit.

Gun rights advocates say the new law is too restrictive and they plan to take D.C. back to court.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So, Gura filed his motion asking the court to hold DC in contempt for their ugly new law and the DC said Gura has no standing to ask because they have a new law, ugliness and non-complying with the judge's order be damned.

Is this correct?

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    There are no instructors
    I got a waiver. I know others have as well including my sister in law who is retired air marshal. You many not need the course at all depending on courses you already have. I am sure I will get stuck on proving an active threat to life.

I have no doubt DC will award quite a few. But they will limit it to retired federal and other law enforcement, with a token handful of people with a direct provable threat.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I got a waiver. I know others have as well including my sister in law who is retired air marshal. You many not need the course at all depending on courses you already have. I am sure I will get stuck on proving an active threat to life.

I have no doubt DC will award quite a few. But they will limit it to retired federal and other law enforcement, with a token handful of people with a direct provable threat.

Retired Federal and other Law Enforcement can already carry in DC via LEOSA. Let me know how yours goes, I may apply as well at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom