• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I knew there was a Dick's thread about not selling firearms but not that they were destroying unsold stock. Some of the megathreads are just too much to follow, so I appreciate the concise if duplicate post.

And, FU Dick.

You can't defend 2A and destroy it at the same time by pretending not to be "part of the problem".

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Instead of destroying them, why don't they donate those "military style assault weapons" to the military? :rolleyes:

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    My son needs football cleats. Cannot patronize the dicks store so where in Harford Co can I get them? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Hibbet sports in Rising Sun. I know it's not Harford, but close enough depending on where you are. Are there sports shoe stores left in Bel Air Harford Mall anymore? Used to be, but I don't go there very often with Cabela's / Christiana mall not much further up the road.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Stockholders might have something to say about this. Wanton destruction of company inventory? Deduct the cost+lost profits from the CEO's compensation package.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The destruction of firearms by DSG implies that they should not be made available to the general public via other channels (all of which involve background checks). Otherwise why not sell back to the distributor? Thus they are concluding, via their corporate rationalization to the public, that Americans either have too many guns, Americans can't be trusted with semiautomatic firearms, or semiautomatic firearms are "evil".

Obviously irrespective of what statements they make publicly, in part their move has to be a business calculation, and they think that kissing up to the antis is a better business than upsetting firearm owners. I guarantee that even among those that people sometimes disparage "Fudds" that there are gun owners that don't own semiautomatic centerfire rifles that won't like DSG's really provocative political statement through the gun destruction.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Dicks might as well destroy all their guns and ammo too because they won't be selling anything to me. I stopped buying from Heckingers when I learned they were anti 2nd A civil rights and they went out of business, maybe Dick's will follow.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    28lhi1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04