• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I assumed as much. I'd appreciate if they were al little more honest about their web site. I am somewhat curious about the intentional hiding of the web domain registration. seems a bit of a curiosity.

As you note, we have IP's here who offer the same training. They are as "official" as DCconcealedcarry is. I did notice it on their bus too.

Attachments

• dc carry.JPG
      dc carry.JPG
      52.5 KB · Views: 148

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I signed up for an upcoming DC Law class with them. Too close to the office to pass. Will let everyone know how it goes...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I assumed as much. I'd appreciate if they were al little more honest about their web site. I am somewhat curious about the intentional hiding of the web domain registration. seems a bit of a curiosity.

As you note, we have IP's here who offer the same training. They are as "official" as DCconcealedcarry is. I did notice it on their bus too.
    The bus says retired MPD does that mean he is retired MPD or that he provides LEOSA training for retired MPD?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Coke is CypherPunk's official cola.
    Hooters the official Buffalo Wing.
    Jamie Shaps the official spokes model.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It looks to me like he enjoys playing games with words and stuff. Kinda Secret Squirrel. Feels hinkey to me. I'd go with one of our IPs if it was my time and money.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Yeah, his advertising is cheesy and ambiguous - but he's (as far as I can tell) helping residents legally arm themselves without breaking any laws so lets cut him a little slack.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    When a new market demand occurs / seems likely to open up, it is a vacum waiting to be filled, new players will enter the game.

Mr Speers is a licensed Instructor, and presumbly his offerings will meet DC's legal requirements.

If he also does business for other things with presumaably anti-gun governments , I can certainly see him promoting his company per se , and not highlighting himself personally.

I see a large helping of Dvertising Hyperbole rather than secret squirel conspiracy. Not exactly how I would advertise a hypothetical business , but it is visually catchy and also serves to promote firearms and carry to segments of the general public not already dialed into the gun culture.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It looks to me like he enjoys playing games with words and stuff. Kinda Secret Squirrel. Feels hinkey to me. I'd go with one of our IPs if it was my time and money.

No one I can see has said don't to business with the guy or that he is not legit. There were some red flags for some that required a little more scrutiny.

Yeah, his advertising is cheesy and ambiguous - but he's (as far as I can tell) helping residents legally arm themselves without breaking any laws so lets cut him a little slack.

When it comes to spending my money, or recommending a vendor for firearms training, I don't cut anyone any slack. No one has an issue if this is above board, which it appears to be. But not knowing what you're buying before spending your money is foolish IMO.

Playing fast and loose with advertising claims is always suspect in my book.

Caveat Emptor always.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    No one I can see has said don't to business with the guy or that he is not legit. There were some red flags for some that required a little more scrutiny.

That's what I thought you've been implying throughout this thread, but I'll take your word for it if you say you're not.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Implications aside, show me a single post from me that said don't do business with this company. But I can show you several threads where I endorsed a careful examination of the business before doing anything else.

Caveat Emptor doesn't mean don't do business with the company. It only endorses a careful scrutiny before giving a business your money.

Feel free to interpret any way you like.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    yup, this is no accident. hiding this info is not the default. Someone wants to hide ownership.

why?

Hiding registration is the new normal. Why ? So you don't get spamed and so no one figures out you have a domain name they might poach or emulate.

Blocking ICMP. Is also not uncommon as it hides network info useful in an attack..given the area we are in I expect a lot of blocking ,

As for the rest of the speculation.. Sure it could be...

Cool bus anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom