• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    The issue isnt so much the stock. Im fine with the original wood. But since this is for my store (DC does not allow pistols in stores), i wanted to create something a little more compact.

The fact they can just interpret the laws/rules however they want is the core issue.

It's your store, but I urge you to consider the possibility of over penetration of a 7.62x39 in a dense metro area.

Having 10 rounds might be nice, but a shotgun has advantages here.

Modding the gun (as a previous poster suggested) just to pass registration screams of legal implications and I wouldn't do it.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    People in this thread are greatly overplaying the "overpenetration" thing. A handgun and a shotgun also possess the ability to penetrate a lot of stuff before stopping. With the correct ammunition, the sks may actually penetrate less while still retaining the ability to cause sufficient trauma to stop a threat. You guys also don't know where the OP plans on using it and what the background is. For all we know, his store backs up to a hill or concrete wall.

Of course, with magazine capacity limits, the advantages of a rifle over a shotgun are mitigated a bit.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    People in this thread are greatly overplaying the "overpenetration" thing. A handgun and a shotgun also possess the ability to penetrate a lot of stuff before stopping. With the correct ammunition, the sks may actually penetrate less while still retaining the ability to cause sufficient trauma to stop a threat. You guys also don't know where the OP plans on using it and what the background is. For all we know, his store backs up to a hill or concrete wall.

Of course, with magazine capacity limits, the advantages of a rifle over a shotgun are mitigated a bit.
    "Urge to consider" as I stated leaves room to consider the unknowns of the OP's store and real estate.

Knock yourself out on the ammo selection if you choose. DC isn't the most gun friendly place in the world for the law abiding folks, and I suspect the general public there isn't exactly pro-2A there yet.

Feb 28, 2013
    I took it that he was picking on the law itself, not your explanation.

It sure as hell didn't read that way to me.

922r compliance is by far the most idiotic gun law ever enacted!

...And probably the most unenforceable.

Stupid, stupid law... I agree... but given what you are trying to do, I would definitely go with a pump 12 for reasons that others have already mentioned.

Good luck.

Winchester SXP.:D

The paragraph above me is just non-sensical mush, but it's apparently real. Heaven help us.

Not cool.:tdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom