• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Been to Cabelas/BassPro trying on their wide boots. Nothing works for my foot. Looking for waterproof and 600g thinsulate as I like to regulate warmth with socks. I've looked at the usual suspects (Merrell, Keen, etc.) Any brand you gents can recommend and better yet a well outfitted store I can visit for a try on. My budget is wide open. Nothing worse than cold, wet, aching feet IMO.

Cheers,

Mark

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I’ve got a pair of Merrel’s in wide that are awesome. Not a set of their insulated hunting boots, but they are waterproof and have held up to light snow, rain, dew, puddles and a few quick submerges in steams when I haven’t been careful crossing all without getting my feet wet.

I am going to look at them again when it’s time to replace my winter hunting boots (my cabelas rubber fleece lined boots are my go to when I need water PROOF boots, theirs are a wider cut, or at least wider enough for me)

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    Nothing beats hiking to your stand in un-insulated (hiking) boots then putting on dry socks and dry boots. It greatly improves your chances of keeping warm. I put on baffin impact boots and can usually sit dark to dark in Wisconsin with those. If its going to be sub zero weather all day I bring ravenwear booties and boot blankets and they are almost too warm, but they went out of business. I regret not getting more of there gear before they retired/closed up shop. Then take the boot liners out at night and put on boot dryer to ensure you are starting dry every day.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    Nothing beats hiking to your stand in un-insulated (hiking) boots then putting on dry socks and dry boots. It greatly improves your chances of keeping warm. I put on baffin impact boots and can usually sit dark to dark in Wisconsin with those. If its going to be sub zero weather all day I bring ravenwear booties and boot blankets and they are almost too warm, but they went out of business. I regret not getting more of there gear before they retired/closed up shop. Then take the boot liners out at night and put on boot dryer to ensure you are starting dry every day.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I'm a fan of Rocky boots, especially considering their pricing. Their wide cut works well for my feet, YMMV.

yes, rocky bear claw 3d gtx in a basic wide for my wide feet (usually wear extra wide) but my pair is only 200g.

i also got a pair of extra wide from ll bean that fit.

i did have to return wides in other name brands that just were too narrow and they didn't make extra wides.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Thanks for all the replies gents. At this point in time I'll wait a bit as I am neither fool nor brave enough to do any in person shopping. I love online shopping but returns are typically on the purchasers dime. Merry Christmas.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    Thanks for all the replies gents. At this point in time I'll wait a bit as I am neither fool nor brave enough to do any in person shopping. I love online shopping but returns are typically on the purchasers dime. Merry Christmas.

If you can get em on amazon a lot have free returns.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I’m a 13-4E guy, with a good pair of walking and water resistant boots That disintegrated last hunting season and looking for replacements. They were 16 years old.

For the record, it comes down to what folks consider, as the OP asks, “ WIIIIIDE”

2e isn’t. D isn’t. 4E now that’s opening up.

The web sites I’ve been finding respond to a search for extra wide, 4E, and have nothing. Usually maxing out as wide/2e. Sorta like click bait.

The bigcamo site, for example, above had all Columbia boots, maxing out at d and e. for a walking boot. Those rubbery boots, I have a pair for flat land and marsh hunting, but walking hills, they’re pretty uselsss.

Tried danners site. Checked several and the maxed out at 2e/wide. And they don’t allow high level search by size/width.

After a while of that, you learn that you can ignore certain brands because they won’t have things in your size.

Cabelas, years before the buyout by bass pro, was good about large sizes and searching. Their catalogs did a good job of noting which products were available for the larger sizes. Now they match BPS, and large sizes are hard to find.

Last edited:

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Bumping this thread. If folks are still looking for extra wide shoe.

Found a good and 13 xwide boot from Skechers. Slightly above ankle, waterproof.

Plenty wide, will give it a workout for hunt season opener.

Found this on the Skechers site. Will post after a good outing to break these things in.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Been to Cabelas/BassPro trying on their wide boots. Nothing works for my foot. Looking for waterproof and 600g thinsulate as I like to regulate warmth with socks. I've looked at the usual suspects (Merrell, Keen, etc.) Any brand you gents can recommend and better yet a well outfitted store I can visit for a try on. My budget is wide open. Nothing worse than cold, wet, aching feet IMO.

Cheers,

Mark

I have 4E feet been using these guys for years
    https://xlfeet.com/boots.html
    I typically wear 9s but found that a Muck size 11 fits great with heavy socks and was wide enough. Picked them up at Tractor supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom