• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    today the va AG will announce that VA will no longer recognize 25 states CCW :mad54:

Alaska
    Arkansas
    Arizona
    Delaware
    Florida
    Idaho
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    to name a few

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA

homestar

Dec 15, 2015
    I've looked at this from the perspective of a person holding a Virginia resident CHP who wants to travel the country. I don't know the methods of all states, but I'm working on the assumption that some are quid pro quo and if we don't honor them, they may not honor us. I know many here may have a VA nonresident CHP, but I haven't looked at it from that angle yet.

Of the 25 states listed, 4 do not currently honor VA resident CHPs: Delaware, Minnesota, Washington and Wisconsin

12 are either constitutional carry or accept everyone but VT residents, and are therefore safe for VA CHP holders: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Dakota and Tennessee

(Luckily some of our neighbors are in that category)

States that I think are at possible risk of losing recognition of the VA CHP are: Florida, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Wyoming (who is constitutional but only for residents)

Montana is an odd one because it presently only blocks a handful of New England states, DC, HI and PR.

That makes 8 or 9 potential states that VA CHP holders could lose the right to carry in if those states react to this move by Herring.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    True

The gun grabbers are taxing us to exercise our rights. The sad part, the courts are letting them get away with it.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Wow, Virginia of all places. I would have never thought.
    Hopefully VCDL can get this turned around.

Really? Never? NOVA has been overloaded with DC liberals for years. It's finally reached it's tipping point. Add a D Gov and a D AG, poof. If you "never thought," then you were living in a cave. I say that respectfully.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Realistically, you can't CC everywhere either

This is a money grab, VA still offers nonresident permits.

VA will still take nonres UT permits, so Marylanders can avoid paying VA money.

What will be annoying is not being able to carry in PA or SC if they cut off VA in response, since that's what a VA resident permit allows me to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom