• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Bad news entire process. Good news you can burn your book from the first time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    I don’t want to read through a ton of pages so I will ask here. My C&R expired in April of 2017. I didn’t renew and now I wish to again. Is there a way to renew with the license I already have or do I go through the entire process again?

You need to reapply. Of course, you can shred/burn/etc. your old bound book!:D
    Damn...too late.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I’ve had a couple of these licenses in the past but my last one lapsed about five years or so years ago. I’m filling out the new application now and I’m wondering what do you fill out for part B? I know number one is my name, but do I fill out number two, number three number six, Social Security number? Part B is the responsible person questionnaire. I know that I am the only one, do I just fill out my old information as the name of responsible person in addition to the applicant name? Number three is the name of responsible person, isn’t that me the applicant? Can someone tell me what the hell needs to be filled out in part B? Thank you By the way, I’m in Howard county

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    A Western Maryland gun shop employee told me last week that:

All C&R eligible handguns bought out of state on the internet and delivered to a C&R guy’s home in Maryland still had to go through a transfer at the gun shop. I thought once it was received, you entered it into your bound book, and were done?

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    A Maryland gun shop employee told me last week that:

All C&R eligible handguns bought out of state on the internet and delivered to a C&R guy’s home in Maryland still had to go through a transfer at the gun shop. I thought once it was received, you entered it into your bound book, and were done?

They had a used C&R Eligible Colt DS, told me I needed an HQL to buy it, thought it would be exempt from needing an HQL?

You should not patronize that store because they clearly either do not understand how the law works and are just trying to make a buck off unsuspecting people.

https://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1787&d=1203650575

You order it. It comes to your home. You log it in your book. It’s yours forever.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Hey all, just got my new license. What good is the information card, I would think anyone you purchase from would need the license on file? Also do we just submit the top half now to dealers???

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Great info. I'm waiting for my C&R to arrive. I've read through this forum and have one remaining question.

I am a Maryland resident. If I am at a gun show out of state I can buy a C&R handgun from a dealer using my C&R license. That's exactly what the C&R license is for.

Is this still legal if the seller is also from Maryland?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Great info. I'm waiting for my C&R to arrive. I've read through this forum and have one remaining question.

I am a Maryland resident. If I am at a gun show out of state I can buy a C&R handgun from a dealer using my C&R license. That's exactly what the C&R license is for.

Is this still legal if the seller is also from Maryland?

Buying from another Marylander while you both are out of state?

Search the forum for multiple debates as to whether that is legal or not. I personally would not do it, but it seems to be a grey area (one I don't wish to explore).

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Alright, I think I’m going to get my C&R. Just had one question, it says in the OP that inspections can be done either at my home or at the local ATF office. Is that still the case, and do you get a notice of some sort? I don’t really want to come home one day and find an ATF official sitting on my steps waiting for me.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've had C&R licensure for a decade; never been audited, only read of one audit on a C&R FFL holder, and that was some years ago.

ATF is not going to appear on your doorstep. It's extremely unlikely that they'll ever want to examine your bound book.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Thanks all, I did a search on Google before posting but it was a mixed bag of “never been audited” and “I know a guy who knows a guy” kind of stuff that was dated pre-2010.

Jimboh

Jan 1, 2020
    Centreville
    Read through a bunch of pages and couldn’t find what I was looking for. Living in Maryland does the FFL-03 take place of the hql when purchasing c&r handguns? I’m considering applying for my C&R license but and holding off on the HQL.

Also, when the sheriffs office is your local law enforcement, would that make the sheriff himself the CLEO? Stupid question probably but my other option would be state police.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Read through a bunch of pages and couldn’t find what I was looking for. Living in Maryland does the FFL-03 take place of the hql when purchasing c&r handguns? I’m considering applying for my C&R license but and holding off on the HQL.

Also, when the sheriffs office is your local law enforcement, would that make the sheriff himself the CLEO? Stupid question probably but my other option would be state police.

All handguns that meet c&r requirements are exempt from the HQL requirement however you're still required to transfer them through MSP or a gun shop and do the 77R and 7 day wait.

Yes local sheriff in that instance would be the CLEO.

Jimboh

Jan 1, 2020
    Centreville
    All handguns that meet c&r requirements are exempt from the HQL requirement however you're still required to transfer them through MSP or a gun shop and do the 77R and 7 day wait.

Yes local sheriff in that instance would be the CLEO.

And once you possess your FFL-03 I’m assuming you no longer need to deal with 77r and 7 day wait as long as purchasing c&r. Correct?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And once you possess your FFL-03 I’m assuming you no longer need to deal with 77r and 7 day wait as long as purchasing c&r. Correct?

If you purchase a C&R handgun IN MD and from a Marylander, you will have to do the MSP barracks transfer thing and 7 day wait. If you order it from outside of the state, it can be shipped straight to your registered address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom