Need Rock Creek Hunt Club contact info, found deer stands.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    It's not exactly the same as a residential lease. Depending on the state (and of course how the lease is written), there are specific rules on leases for agricultural land. One common setup is that the tenant retains ownership of the crop and the right to tend to it and the lease expires the moment he harvests. So if the club has a hunting lease that says 'for the 2018/2019 season' it may not magically disappear just because title to the land has changed hands. It may go 'poof' with the sale, but I wouldn't bank on that.

Get a copy of whatever paperwork the seller executed with the hunt club before you start removing tree stands. If he doesn't deliver, start sending lawyer letters citing whatever parts of the purchase agreement for the land that apply to the lease issue.

That is exactly the way it worked in Cecil County when my brother bought his place. The existing lease continued until the growing season was over and the farmer harvested his crop.

OP, late firearm season is this Friday Saturday, and in some locales, Sunday. Keep an eye out for hunters and let them know the property has changed hands.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    It's not exactly the same as a residential lease. Depending on the state (and of course how the lease is written), there are specific rules on leases for agricultural land. One common setup is that the tenant retains ownership of the crop and the right to tend to it and the lease expires the moment he harvests. So if the club has a hunting lease that says 'for the 2018/2019 season' it may not magically disappear just because title to the land has changed hands. It may go 'poof' with the sale, but I wouldn't bank on that.

Get a copy of whatever paperwork the seller executed with the hunt club before you start removing tree stands. If he doesn't deliver, start sending lawyer letters citing whatever parts of the purchase agreement for the land that apply to the lease issue.

LOL so kinda like what I said?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom